PDA

View Full Version : Review: Fancy Taste of China- Deer Ridge

ercchry
02-17-2018, 07:52 PM
In the spirit of Chinese New Year, went here for some dim sum brunch today with a friend from Beijing... she did all the ordering, vague idea of what we ate :rofl:

The egg plant dish was a little too oily... but the rest got a pass. She said the custard buns were better than u & me’s

Cool that they do dim sum on weekends, was stuffed and had a little bit of leftovers still for $25 each (only drank tea). Enjoyed having bbq pork buns without having to leave the burbs!

It’s pretty new, and we were the only ones in there. Looks like a family deal, grandma was even being put to work! Figured I would help get the word out so I can keep enjoying my buns!

Took pic before everything showed up:

Fresh reno, nice table tops, cool stone fireplace too, very well put together place. Signage extends to the bay next door... not sure if they plan to expand with time or not, but current layout isn’t massive

TomcoPDR
02-17-2018, 10:35 PM
Year of the dog, where's steamed fido in the pic?

adam c
02-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Year of the dog, where's steamed fido in the pic?

Top left

was thinking of going there as the wife wants Chinese tonight (insert 3-some joke?) but I see their dim sum ends at 4, perhaps a different time

Buster
02-18-2018, 07:22 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks