PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cam Install Inquiry

nj2Type-S
02-25-2018, 07:28 AM
hey guys!

i finally got a dash cam for my 2008 rdx. it’s nothing fancy (garmin 35), but i would like to get it hardwired. can you guys recommend a shop or an installer that can do it? how much do installs typically cost? i know that there are installation kits that i can purchase, but i’m too lazy lol.

thanks!

BokCh0y
02-25-2018, 10:29 AM
If you’re going the lazy route, then try autotemp. I don’t know how their workmanship is now, it they were pretty decent a while back, plus they have a bunch of stores now.

Only shop I would avoid in my opinion, is Quinn security.

jwslam
02-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Did my 08 RDX myself. Dirt easy.
If you're in the NW and wanna come over I'll walk you through it. Under an hour for sure.

I've also got an extra fuse tap w/ cig adapter I can pawn off to you.

nj2Type-S
02-25-2018, 11:38 AM
jwslam, i’ve sent you a PM! thanks!

Asian_defender
02-25-2018, 08:39 PM
If you’re going the lazy route, then try autotemp. I don’t know how their workmanship is now, it they were pretty decent a while back, plus they have a bunch of stores now.

Only shop I would avoid in my opinion, is Quinn security.

I'm surprised Quinn's is still around. There's nothing but bad reviews on this place

BokCh0y
02-25-2018, 09:26 PM
I'm surprised Quinn's is still around. There's nothing but bad reviews on this place

Yeah i don't know how he does it :dunno:

Apparently they do more than just alarms now too, electrical "repairs" so must be keeping afloat that way. "If I can't fix it, no one can" haha i love that quote from on of the reviews.

Thaco
02-25-2018, 09:29 PM

they've got big contracts with some of the dealerships so any time the dealer offers one it actually goes to them for the work.

Asian_defender
02-26-2018, 04:59 PM
they've got big contracts with some of the dealerships so any time the dealer offers one it actually goes to them for the work.

This is why I never get a starter from the dealer. I remember their Stampede "contests"
you would win a free alarm but when you went in to claim it, it would be like $300 because of extra parts needed etc.
I remember winning like 3 years in a row LOL.