PDA

View Full Version : Shutting off hot water

LUDELVR
02-25-2018, 04:30 PM
So here's the situation: i want to change the cartridge in my en suite shower in the main bedroom but I can't find the hot water valve and it does not look like there is any access to it from the stand up shower. It's a Delta faucet so there is only one handle for both hot and cold water. I've gone into the basement and I can't find a hot water line to the bathroom so my guess is i need to shut off the hot water flow from the hot water tank. I have located the main water supply and can shut that off but I can't find a hot water valve. Does the hot water stop flowing of I turn off the main water or is there another valve for hot water?

B.Spilner
02-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Cut the water to the house and release the pressure on the shower you're doing the work too along with a couple other sinks. Good to go.

90_Shelby
02-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Shut off the main, open taps to drain the line, change cartridge.

LUDELVR
02-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Cheers lads! I'll give this a go this weekend.

legendboy
02-28-2018, 08:24 PM
I just paid Benner a stupid amount to replace my old valley pressure balance valve with a delta dual zone. No replacement valley cartridge, no rear access and tile. 2 months of turning the hot water on and off morning and night haha :banghead:

HiTempguy1
02-28-2018, 08:44 PM
If you are going through all the effort, plumb a god damn shutoff valve in while you are at this.

speedog
02-28-2018, 08:47 PM
If you are going through all the effort, plumb a god damn shutoff valve in while you are at this.

This, it really amazes me that homes have sinks/tubs/showers that don't have individual shut off valves - such a minimal cost outlay for major convenience down the road.