PDA

View Full Version : Request for feedback: new Android app

GingeRRRBeef
02-26-2018, 04:42 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rage2 approved :thumbsup:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Beyond,

I'm one of the founders of an exciting new tech startup based here in Calgary. We've built Cuiseek, an Android app (iOS coming soon), to give travelers an easier way find places to eat on their journeys. It's in beta right now in the Google Play store and we're excited to add more features and functionalities.

I was hoping if some of you who are on Android could give our beta a try and let me know what think. Positive or negative; we would love to have your feedback. Is it helpful? What could we do better? What is missing? What features, if available, would blow your mind?! Please forgive us if we are not as feature rich as Google. We just launched beta and have a huge road map of features we want to add. We're super eager to talk to some early users to see how we can prioritize future updates.

If you have an Android device, you can download it at this link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cuiseek.android). This will take you right to the Google Play store. It won't redirect you to anything weird nor will a Nigerian prince ask you for money, I promise.

If you're on iOS, we have a Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-u9mQMI3b4nIHN0FX8Qngg) with a few videos demoing the app.

I look forward to reading your comments.

tonytiger55
02-26-2018, 04:57 PM
Will this work in SE Asia..? I jet off next week. :burnout:

GingeRRRBeef
02-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Yep! But you can only download it thru the Canadian play store right now. Would love to hear about your experiences when you get back!

jwslam
02-26-2018, 05:07 PM
Just spent about 5 minutes on the app. Sorry but I'm not sure what the objective is?

So the app asks for my A to B so that it maps places I can get food on / near the route and links me to the google profile information of these places. I'm pretty sure this is already a feature that's part of Google Maps to find restaurants I can detour to while using the map guidance. I don't see what features I can get exclusive to this app that google maps hasn't already provided?

What are some of these upcoming features and what is the vision?

Sorry for stomping all over your great idea!

Pros:
-The chosen colors are very attractive
-The interface is super simple so far, though I'd bet this may degrade overtime with added features

ExtraSlow
02-26-2018, 05:09 PM
Tell me the goal and vision and I might download.

GingeRRRBeef
02-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Hey jwslam

Thanks for trying it out! In this early version, we implemented the "sliding along a route" so that you can search for places to eat. Google Maps does do something similar but we feel our slider UI is an improvement over Google's.

Our overall vision is to help people find great dining experiences and this beta is the first step of many. We've got some basic functionalities in the pipeline like the ability to make reservations and some top-secret features that I can't discuss at this moment.

GingeRRRBeef
02-26-2018, 05:49 PM
ExtraSlow

This current version is a great travel companion to help travelers find food along the route to their destination. Does Google Maps offer more? Of course but we feel our implementation does improve on Google's way of finding food along your route to your destination. Gotta start somewhere right?

Our goal is to help people find great places to eat. We feel dining should be a social experience, done with family & friends, with atmosphere and ambiance. There will definitely be social features added very soon. Please try it out! Would love you hearing what you think? Positive or negative; especially negatives.

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-27-2018, 04:28 PM
Took a quick look, as I'm working out of town, and it was nice to be able to search category, however I searched without inputting a destination so that it just showed me everything nearby, and it didn't give me a distance in the results. When I asked it to navigate, it automatically assumed I was driving, whereas I was looking for something in walking distance.

GingeRRRBeef
02-27-2018, 10:10 PM
LilDrunkenSmurf

Thanks for trying us out! We've got an update real soon with some fixes.

The current iteration of the app assumes you're driving. We're working on other modes of transportation.