PDA

View Full Version : Fender roller rental 2018

MR2-3SGTE
02-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Who's still renting these out? Looked through a bunch of threads but they're all outdated

swak
03-01-2018, 07:42 PM
I rented one from TunerWorks in the past, was a pretty informal rental they just took a bit of my deposit and called it good. Not sure if they still do it?

... Also if you're going to be rolling your fenders MAKE SURE you heat them up well. I didn't do that on one of the fenders enough and cracked the paint. Don't make my mistake!

speeed
03-01-2018, 07:50 PM
There should be a few on kijiji. Last summer rented one for $20 for the day + deposit held

Mostwanted
03-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know who charges for the service, kinda of lazy to do all 4 sides

MR2-3SGTE
03-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys, the cheapest and most reputable person I've heard of is speed options. He quoted me $185 for my 2 rears when most others quoted around $250. He also said I can bring him the wheel I want to fit and he'll mount it and roll/pull the fender just enough for the wheel to clear. he'd also seal it off when finished to prevent any paint damage in the future. That seems like a a better deal to me since my garage isn't heated so not sure how effective a heat gun would be in this weather

KRyn
03-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys, the cheapest and most reputable person I've heard of is speed options. He quoted me $185 for my 2 rears when most others quoted around $250. He also said I can bring him the wheel I want to fit and he'll mount it and roll/pull the fender just enough for the wheel to clear. he'd also seal it off when finished to prevent any paint damage in the future. That seems like a a better deal to me since my garage isn't heated so not sure how effective a heat gun would be in this weather

I had Speed Options roll some fenders on one of my cars a few years ago. Did a great job and even sealed everything up so water / moisture couldn't get behind the lip. Highly recommend. :thumbsup:

J-hop
03-05-2018, 03:18 PM
That sounds really reasonable. I’d pay for them to get done personally. I’ve seen way too many hackjobs at Calgary carshows.

swak
03-05-2018, 06:27 PM
That sounds really reasonable. I’d pay for them to get done personally. I’ve seen way too many hackjobs at Calgary carshows.

Honestly it really isn't hard at all to do. It'll look like a hack job if you rush, but make small adjustments and take your time... It'll look professional.

J-hop
03-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Honestly it really isn't hard at all to do. It'll look like a hack job if you rush, but make small adjustments and take your time... It'll look professional.

Yet so many people manage to butcher it lol. Wavy rolls, cracked paint etc. If you care about the car I’d personally want someone who’s done it a hundred times to do it, and $185 is pretty cheap. that’s just me though

That being said I’m rolling my fenders myself. But it’s to fit slicks, not slick rimz, so I don’t care how it looks

loweg
03-05-2018, 08:04 PM
I have a fender roller in rent for 25 bucks a day 200 dollar deposit pm me for number

Thaco
03-05-2018, 08:28 PM
I use the easton roller.