PDA

View Full Version : Question on interview follow ups

Ferio_vti
03-16-2018, 11:39 AM
What is a good wait time and suggested process?

I had a really good walk-in interview during a small 'career fair,' at a local business for an entry level position (Rosso Coffee, Delivery driver).
Great interview with the logistics manager. More like a conversation about the company and how I could fit in with the people there.

I tried following up on Tuesday and Wednesday for an update on where they were at with the hiring. The manager was understandably busy and not in the office. Finally spoke to him on Thursday, he mentioned that they still had a few interviews that day and was hoping to decide by the end of Thursday.

So now it's Friday, weekend is here, knowing it is a small outfit and really busy, they might be checking references or whatever... All this said, I guess I should continue to wait, probably til Monday? And even on Monday, should I bother calling or just move on?

Seth1968
03-16-2018, 11:42 AM
Since you were finally able to speak to him, then continuing to call would make you seem desperate and possibly even piss them off.

Mitsu3000gt
03-16-2018, 02:19 PM
Probably depends on that individual. The line between annoying and enthusiastic can be pretty thin. I would just wait at least until next week if not a bit later. If he wants to hire you, he will not just forget about you and pick someone else because you didn't keep calling.

dirtsniffer
03-16-2018, 02:59 PM
I think you made your impression with the follow up. 1 is good