PDA

View Full Version : What Are Some Suggestions to Steel Braided Hoses?

Weapon_R
03-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. And the suggested hose must have the ability to accept couplings.

Ducati
03-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Braided Steel is pretty, no doubt, but when I compared braided steel to coloured Kevlar lines, I found that comparably, the inside diameter on the Kevlar lines was wider, therefore more flow. Also, the couplings look great with the blue and gold kevlar lines that I chose to plumb my bike with.

I have black kevlar brake lines on both my Mercedes and my Alfa. They look stock - but will outlast the cars.

Weapon_R
03-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Ducati
Braided Steel is pretty, no doubt, but when I compared braided steel to coloured Kevlar lines, I found that comparably, the inside diameter on the Kevlar lines was wider, therefore more flow. Also, the couplings look great with the blue and gold kevlar lines that I chose to plumb my bike with.

I have black kevlar brake lines on both my Mercedes and my Alfa. They look stock - but will outlast the cars.

Thanks for the help - but where can I find it, and is it cheaper than Steel braided? I have found that steel braided hose is crazy expensive, especially for my application, it's really not worth it.

GT2NV
03-26-2004, 11:58 AM
hmmm i dont know if its what you want but they have these at napa auto parts, there made by mr gasket, alot cheaper than at any other store

hjr
03-26-2004, 01:07 PM
IMO, from what i have read steel braided lines are not nessisary unless you are putting a lot more pressure on the system than stock.

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Mopac on 16th and 1st

Gonthro
03-26-2004, 01:26 PM
yea, braided is only really needed for hardcore hydraulic systems

and you can get any cutom hydraulic hoses made at princess auto, they'll crimp the ends on and everything for ya

Redlyne_mr2
03-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Check ebay man and your nearest freighliner store, they sell it in bulk there. Youll have to get a fitting crimped on though. Just called freightliner, the store here in Ont. has 1/2 inch stainless steel braided with teflon inside. It's $ 8.48 a foot, not too bad at all. For fittings check www.fittingsguy.com, Im making some new lines for my oil cooler so Ill let you know how it goes

Inthered
03-26-2004, 03:31 PM
try Best Buy Performance on Center St. They seem to have some of the best prices on that stuff.

bol
03-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Inthered
try Best Buy Performance on Center St. They seem to have some of the best prices on that stuff.

Best Buy has the best prices of braided line in town.

What are you using it for? Maybe we can give a better suggestion then.