PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Marquis Houston

gmc72
03-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Has anyone stayed here:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/houmq-marriott-marquis-houston/

Here's a couple of picture from their website

Heading there this weekend, and wondering if there was anyplace close that you would recommend for eating, entertainment, etc.

Thanks!!

schocker
03-26-2018, 03:50 PM
That lazy river looks awesome.
Go check out a rockets or astros game if you can as those are both downtown. Main street is a few blocks east it looks like, kind of like 17th ave here. I went to flying saucer last time I went down, kind of similar to craft with a ton of beer options. Downtown aquarium is nearby as well, restaurant is OK there and you get to view the giant aquarium while you eat. Haven't been to many places downtown though outside of those.

holden
03-26-2018, 08:57 PM
I liked Marques Houston in You Got Served.

joegrang
03-27-2018, 07:09 AM
Stayed there in Nov 2017. It a very nice hotel with plenty of amenities. 2 or 3 restaurants in the lobby. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet located in one of the lobby restaurants. Might still be too cold for the lazy lake as it is 6 stories up and not heated.

gmc72
03-27-2018, 08:03 AM
Stayed there in Nov 2017. It a very nice hotel with plenty of amenities. 2 or 3 restaurants in the lobby. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet located in one of the lobby restaurants. Might still be too cold for the lazy lake as it is 6 stories up and not heated.

It's supposed to be in the high 20's this weekend, so hopefully it's warm enough. If not, we'll hang out on the patio.

That lazy river looks awesome.
Go check out a rockets or astros game if you can as those are both downtown. Main street is a few blocks east it looks like, kind of like 17th ave here. I went to flying saucer last time I went down, kind of similar to craft with a ton of beer options. Downtown aquarium is nearby as well, restaurant is OK there and you get to view the giant aquarium while you eat. Haven't been to many places downtown though outside of those.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the evenings.