PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Vegans

rage2
03-28-2018, 07:36 PM
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/we-were-in-shock-vegan-protesters-say-toronto-chef-carved-up-deer-leg-in-front-of-them-1.3862411

Coles notes: Vegans organize 4th protest at game meat restaurant. Wants them to have more vegan menu and less meat. At a meat restaurant which already has vegan options. Owner pissed as it’s affecting business. Brings out a deer leg, carves, cooks and eat it right in front of protestors. :rofl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgr3raDj3Zt/?utm_source=ig_embed

The fuck is wrong with people? Time to organize a more meat protest at vegan restaurants haha.

thetransporter
03-28-2018, 07:41 PM
this would not be tolerated in Alberta.

Animals violently kill other animals for food. Why dont they protest that?

Yes there is sometimes inhumane killing but these protesters are something else.

brains need protein.

J-hop
03-28-2018, 07:47 PM
inb4 China study....

craigcd
03-28-2018, 08:49 PM
inb4 China study....

Well played hahahaha

taemo
03-28-2018, 08:57 PM
The animal rights activist said she became aware of the restaurant in December, when she noticed a sidewalk board out front that read, “Venison is the new kale.”

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/185/750/a53.jpg

killramos
03-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Well I know where I am eating next time I’m in town.

ercchry
03-28-2018, 11:09 PM
“I don’t think there’s any such thing,” she said. “It’s very misleading because they’re calling these animals wild animals, the deer and the boar, but they’re actually being farmed. So they’re not living in the wild. They’re just being bred and killed.”

No shit... considering you can’t legally serve actual wild meat commercially

adam c
03-29-2018, 09:38 AM
Just need to add this guy and it would be perfect

Tik-Tok
03-29-2018, 10:05 AM
No shit... considering you can’t legally serve actual wild meat commercially

Boy is she going to be shocked when she finds out her "wild grain rice" isn't actually harvested in the wild.

JRSC00LUDE
03-29-2018, 11:21 AM
This is the sick kind of abusive and bullying behaviour our world encourages and rewards these days, it's disgusting.

msommers
03-29-2018, 11:55 AM
brains need protein.

Technically the brain uses primarily glucose and uses ketones (originating from proteins) as a backup energy source.

That doesn't change the fact these people, Vegans or not, are idiots.

For some reason this episode of the Simpson's came back to me:

J-hop
03-29-2018, 11:59 AM
This is the sick kind of abusive and bullying behaviour our world encourages and rewards these days, it's disgusting.

I don’t think that’s true at all. Most people that read that article probably shook their head too at the vegans.

It’s kind of funny/sad. Things like social media have given the minority voice just as loud if not louder a voice than the majority. Most people walk around thinking the world is full of crazies, when in reality most of the people you’ll meet in a day are rational people like yourself probably thinking the exact same thing as you (that they’re surrounded by crazies).

NissanFanBoy
03-29-2018, 12:39 PM
I'm vegan but I could care less what others eat.

The article says there are 12 people in that Facebook group lol

I don't reveal myself as vegan in real life unless I'm really pressed, but that hasn't happened yet, part of the reason is that idiots like these give us a bad name.

JRSC00LUDE
03-29-2018, 01:16 PM
I don’t think that’s true at all.

I believe it is in the sense that the vocal few change things for the many.

J-hop
03-29-2018, 01:22 PM
I believe it is in the sense that the vocal few change things for the many.

Yea I’ll agree with that

BavarianBeast
03-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Haha that’s gold. Good for the owner, it’s pathetic how sensitive and self-righteous the people in North America have become.

Tik-Tok
03-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Haha that’s gold. Good for the owner, it’s pathetic how sensitive and self-righteous the people in North America have become.

A percentage have always been this way, but now that have a very tall soapbox to stand on.

D'z Nutz
04-12-2018, 08:15 PM
https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2018/04/toronto-vegans-are-now-protesting-kfc-and-mcdonalds/

Animal rights activists will remain steadfast in their determination to "educate on speciesism" this week by protesting again in front of Antler on Dundas West tonight.

This will be the vegan group's third protest at Antler since chef Michael Hunter famously cut up a deer leg in front of them on camera, and the seventh in recent months.

Now, however, they're also protesting fast food chains like KFC and McDonald's, as critics have been suggesting they do.

Last Thursday, the activists made their way to McDonald's following what seems like their weekly demonstration at Antler, a small business known for serving game meat like bison, rabbit, boar and deer.

Tonight, they'll be hitting up KFC after Antler to "show we're not simply targeting the 'little guy'."

"Following the Antler event, we'll protest outside KFC - 7 minutes walk away - at 1221 Dundas St. W," reads a Facebook event description.

"Homemade signs welcome. We will educate calmly and peacefully. Police are always there looking out for us. Please join us."

hampstor
04-12-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm going to be out in TO in a few weeks. I may have to visit this place ... and then expense it using a "dirty tarsands" expense card :poosie: