PDA

View Full Version : Wink compatible devices locally.

Maxt
04-03-2018, 09:54 AM
So I'm playing around with automation on a wink hub. There is no lack of hubs available locally of all brands, but finding compatible devices locally outside of lighting seems next to impossible. Anyone find a good source for buying sensors and what not locally?
It's sure starting to bug me that every major chain has a hub in stock and then has SFA for actual devices.
Lots of stuff online, but if the performance of a device sucks, then the return becomes an issue. I'm finding shopping online by review feedback to be a dart toss as well.

prae
04-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Honestly, amazon prime.

Maxt
04-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Yeah thats starting to look like that might be the answer.. Every store's answer has been buy it online, then get it shipped to the store for free shipping..Irritating that they only sell a sliver of the system locally...

imranm
04-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Home Depot used to carry Wink products - maybe check out their stores?

On another note, take a look at Samsung SmartThings. I moved from Wink to Smartthings and have been pretty happy with it. It take a bit more tinkering but the scalability seems to be a lot better.

nzwasp
04-04-2018, 07:52 AM
HomeDepot got rid of all their wink products except for the hub this happened about six months after I bought my wink system in late 2016. I dont know why. The brand I bought was GoControl I bought the sensor kit with alarm and it works well - although I wish it had more sensors, and I was wanting to buy the GoControl garage door kit but they stopped selling it through home depot...

Nest Cams also are supported through wink I think.

Maxt
04-04-2018, 09:45 AM
I did get the wink hub at home depot, and some bulbs... found a whole list of compatible devices last night, but again nothing local.

rage2
04-04-2018, 10:52 AM
HomeDepot got rid of all their wink products except for the hub this happened about six months after I bought my wink system in late 2016. I dont know why.
I blame will.i.am