PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Beyond dentists again?

bignerd
04-04-2018, 11:22 PM
As above, who are the Beyond dentists again? Any of them cool with sedation dentistry or prescribing anxiety meds for procedures?

TIA

ercchry
04-04-2018, 11:27 PM
VWEvo and GTS Jeff

rage2
04-04-2018, 11:34 PM
B18C as well. GTS Jeff needs to buy a Tesla to fit in.

bignerd
04-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Do you guys know an office or practice name?...

D'z Nutz
04-07-2018, 10:36 PM
B18C is Concept Dentistry

adam c
04-07-2018, 10:59 PM
I tried nitrous for a root canal and it made the experience way worse I think as I had anxiety the whole time

bignerd
04-07-2018, 11:44 PM
I tried nitrous for a root canal and it made the experience way worse I think as I had anxiety the whole time

You need to try prescription meds... I prefer Ativan and have various doses depending on what I am having done. 2mg of Ativan and I slept through my last root canal (you are awake enough to follow instructions etc... but I dont remember very much of it, and you definitely can't drive, just go home and sleep it off).

adam c
04-08-2018, 12:24 AM
You need to try prescription meds... I prefer Ativan and have various doses depending on what I am having done. 2mg of Ativan and I slept through my last root canal (you are awake enough to follow instructions etc... but I dont remember very much of it, and you definitely can't drive, just go home and sleep it off).

I have ativan but I drove myself that time and couldn't use it, plus I try to avoid taking it as much as I can

sabad66
04-08-2018, 11:43 AM
How do you guys get Ativan? Will family doctors prescribe it if you have an upcoming dentist appt?

adam c
04-08-2018, 12:02 PM
How do you guys get Ativan? Will family doctors prescribe it if you have an upcoming dentist appt?

I have diagnosed anxiety so that's why I have it
It's habit forming and can be highly addictive too so it's fairly controlled

revelations
04-08-2018, 01:29 PM
+1 for Concept Dentistry (Archie).

However, if you have had issues with past root canals - I would strongly suggest a location that offers lasers instead of drills. I had a bad, bad infection (caused by bruxism, which killed my tooth from the inside out) and even with antibiotics before the chair, plus 100% numbness on pretty much the left side of my face, I was still jumping in the chair and my dentist in Vancouver took out his laser and went to work. No more pain and all I felt was a little warmth from the laser.

ExtraSlow
04-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Maybe this is a good place to post this, but what IS laser dentistry?

revelations
04-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Its a small tool, about the size of a drill, thats used to blast away damaged/decayed tooth. Its attached to a large machine with fiber optics.

Its good at cauterizing in-situ, esp in really sensitive areas, but the tooth still needs to be prepped mechanically for treatment after the laser has been used.

I know waaaayyy too much about all this as I've had 7 root canals..... and a history of cavities, extractions, braces, etc.

Fortunately I had most of these issues fixed by my 30s.

VWEvo
04-08-2018, 08:12 PM
As above, who are the Beyond dentists again? Any of them cool with sedation dentistry or prescribing anxiety meds for procedures?

TIA

I can chime in here. There are different levels of sedation dentistry. Depending on what level of sedation you require and also what exactly you need done I would be happy to help you. In terms of oral sedation, the most basic kind is using Ativan and it is fairly effective. This would need to be prescribed by the dentist who is performing the work as there are important instructions to follow (ie. no food or drink prior, and definitely no driving). Alternatively if you need a deeper level of sedation (ie. IV Sedation), there are a great couple of dentists that I can recommend you. Depending where you live in the city, we have 13 locations and I can make sure you see the right dentist.

bignerd
04-16-2018, 10:54 PM
I can chime in here. There are different levels of sedation dentistry. Depending on what level of sedation you require and also what exactly you need done I would be happy to help you. In terms of oral sedation, the most basic kind is using Ativan and it is fairly effective. This would need to be prescribed by the dentist who is performing the work as there are important instructions to follow (ie. no food or drink prior, and definitely no driving). Alternatively if you need a deeper level of sedation (ie. IV Sedation), there are a great couple of dentists that I can recommend you. Depending where you live in the city, we have 13 locations and I can make sure you see the right dentist.

I seem to manage well with Ativan, all started with some difficulty in getting my lower jaw frozen... I have had to have freezing via stabident a few times. I generally only use the meds when having work done on the lower jaw. So good to know that you are cool with that. What company or practice are you with? Currently right now (that I know of)I have two prior crowns with cavities under them that need replacing, one worse than the other, and one filling that is failing. All upper jaw and crowns have root canals so should be easy on my part.

bignerd
04-16-2018, 10:59 PM

I have had both my family DR or my dentist prescribe it in the past. They will only prescribe you a few pills as that is all you need.

spikerS
04-16-2018, 11:56 PM
I have this insane phobia and utter terror of dentists. I have literally ripped off the arm covering of a dentists chair during a procedure, and that was while on nitrous.

I know my teeth are in dire need as it has probably been 25 years since I went to one (if you don't count that tooth extraction), but I am scared shitless. I would literally rather face down anything else than a dentist.

What's the best option out there for me? I am probably looking at an all day visit to get all my teeth fixed up.

ExtraSlow
04-17-2018, 07:05 AM
Sedative bro, and lots of it.

rage2
04-17-2018, 08:15 AM
I have this insane phobia and utter terror of dentists. I have literally ripped off the arm covering of a dentists chair during a procedure, and that was while on nitrous.

I know my teeth are in dire need as it has probably been 25 years since I went to one (if you don't count that tooth extraction), but I am scared shitless. I would literally rather face down anything else than a dentist.

What's the best option out there for me? I am probably looking at an all day visit to get all my teeth fixed up.
I have the same problem, can't even get a needle in me. Eventually, after I literally lost several teeth from eating a fucking steak, had no choice and ended up going to Arbour Lake Dental for their sedation method. It ain't cheap though.

Basically pop a couple of roofies, and you won't remember the last 24 hours. The biggest work I had done, I had 7 root canals, a bridge to fix 4 upper fronts, an implant, and 2 crowns all in 1 shot. Don't remember the procedure at all, last thing I remember was popping the pills in the quiet room, and woke up in my bed at home a day later. Popped Tylenol 3 for 2 days, and fully recovered after that.

AndyL
04-17-2018, 08:22 AM
There's a dentist down in Lethbridge who does general anesthetic dentistry. Think it's about 800$ to get fully knocked out.

I'm not allowed back at arbour lake after getting super combative with the dentist. Sedation works with anxiety not true phobias.

rage2
04-17-2018, 08:44 AM
There's a dentist down in Lethbridge who does general anesthetic dentistry. Think it's about 800$ to get fully knocked out.

I'm not allowed back at arbour lake after getting super combative with the dentist. Sedation works with anxiety not true phobias.
If you have a high alcohol tolerance, their dosage is too weak. My bro woke up and remembered 1/2 of his session and was giving them shit too.

They just use body weight to determine how much roofies to give you, and is really geared towards light drinkers. I guess it'd be impossible for them to figure out what your tolerance is.

D'z Nutz
04-17-2018, 08:55 AM
after I literally lost several teeth from eating a fucking steak

Holy shit, that's pretty fucked up.

Also, obligatory
iMLKbXuv-xA

adam c
04-17-2018, 08:58 AM
I had sedation dentistry the first time after not seeing a dentist in 10 years due to anxiety, I remember waking up towards the end of the procedure before they were finished, not sure if it was the sedation wearing off or the pain of the root canal that took me out of it.

When my wife got sedation she was out for hours

ExtraSlow
04-17-2018, 09:02 AM
Am I the only dude on beyond who goes to the dentist twice a year?

Six years of orthodontics when I was a kid cured me of any fear. I don't exactly enjoy the visits but I am pretty calm.

D'z Nutz
04-17-2018, 09:30 AM

Six years of orthodontics when I was a kid cured me of any fear. I don't exactly enjoy the visits but I am pretty calm.

I go like 3 times a year for cleanings but sometimes I might have to make extra appearances depending on if I need extra work done. The hygienists at Concept do a good job and I love that feel my teeth have after they give it a good scrubbing haha

Crazyjoker77
04-17-2018, 09:53 AM
I've been lucky needing no dental work EVER but finally broke down and had to have my wisdom teeth taken out and was shocked to find out its only ativan (Lorazepam) they give you to calm you. I have a prescription for it already and couldn't really see it helping all that much. I ended up going with the NOS (and popping a couple extra ativan 30min before. The nos (for me) was really fantastic worked amazingly. You are in a very euporic state and you can control how high you are by either breathing through your mouth or nose. Time seems to fly by and I swear I was only in the chair for about 2min. Your fully aware of what is happening but you really just dont care. He could of asked me if I wanted to pull some more teeth and I would of agree.

I went to 7 different dentist and it was insane the price difference between them all. The place i went ended up being cheaper all in than JUST the surgery suite costs for one of the dentists to do IV sedation.

Also found out my insurance covers NOS with any dental service and its only like 5$ so I'm getting it with every cleaning now...

revelations
04-17-2018, 10:36 AM

Nope, I go 2x a year as well. Have a couple of crowns left to do and an implant at least. Archie calls me a "mannequin" in the chair .... haha

NOx used to be used for pediatric dentistry, not surprised that so many adults need it now too. For those with severe issues, I would suggest seeing a PTSD counselor - that is in no way healthy to be carrying around.

ExtraSlow
04-17-2018, 10:57 AM
One of my kids, who has a lot of other issues, did the whole atavan+NOX+local anesthetic program for some early pediatric dentistry, and honestly, it wasn't great. These days she's just fine without any additional medications for checkups and cleanings at least. That's a lot better. Will see how she does when/if she needs another filling.

max_boost
04-17-2018, 10:58 AM
I use to go 2x a year but now I go once every 12-18months. Why? Because I take damn good care of my teeth and I never need any extra work done. In the words of Archie: I can't make any money off of you lol

I also floss after every single meal :dunno:

ExtraSlow
04-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Here's one for the dentists and dental health experts. I used to have really heavy scale deposits, hygienist was always telling me to come in for extra scaling visits and because I didn't I was taking too long at my appointments.

I haven't upped my hygiene game, and I haven't changed my diet, and these days my scaling is a total breeze. Getting compliments from the hygienist about how good my teeth are now.

That shit happen just because I'm old now or what?

max_boost
04-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Here's one for the dentists and dental health experts. I used to have really heavy scale deposits, hygienist was always telling me to come in for extra scaling visits and because I didn't I was taking too long at my appointments.

I haven't upped my hygiene game, and I haven't changed my diet, and these days my scaling is a total breeze. Getting compliments from the hygienist about how good my teeth are now.

That shit happen just because I'm old now or what?

Nah you just getting honey potted bro

Strider
04-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Any of the beyond dentists located inner city or downtown?
Been making the trip up to Ranchlands to see VWEvo, but I heard he's moving.

VWEvo
07-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Any of the beyond dentists located inner city or downtown?
Been making the trip up to Ranchlands to see VWEvo, but I heard he's moving.

Lol, i'm actually moved now to both Bridgeland and Mission.

Bridgeland Crossings Dental
4th St. Dental Clinic

Sorry for the late response just saw this now.