PDA

View Full Version : TD insurance and replacement pink slips

nzwasp
04-08-2018, 01:56 AM
So my father in law passed away last year and we transferred the insurance into my mother in laws name, TD meloche asked a bunch of questions and we believed we had done everything although the letters from TD are addressed to his estate and her. Any way fast forward to renewal, everything looks like your standard renewal - same addressees. Then she threw out/lost her pink slips so I called up and requested them to be resent. TD Meloche sends me an email of a temporary copy, I believed them to be sending the full year pink slips in the mail. They turn up and they are only until April 11th, same as temp slips and they have sent her this blue form thats an application for insurance including a white long form wanting to know details about all her stuff. Is this a common practice? why does she need to fill out all this paper work when we had transferred her name onto the policy and she was now the policy holder.

The insurance she currently has is valid until march next year she was expecting to get the pink slips to go to march 2019.

killramos
04-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Have you tried asking TD?

They have always been forthcoming with insurance slips for me but if the primary client passes away I could seem them wanting to do some formality in setting new things up.

I don’t think they have ever spoken to my wife for example.

End of the day phone call is best, they can have you set up same day even if it’s a new customer setup. Would definitely not bother mailing in a form. I think they are open 9 am on weekends.

nzwasp
04-08-2018, 10:28 AM
according to their contact center they are only open for claims on sunday. - I have to call back tomorrow - im in Ireland for work so its a bit of a pain but im a representative on her account so I can atleast talk to them without her being present.