PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 Commercial Free, available via ESPN+

rage2
04-12-2018, 12:58 PM
So ESPN+ launched today for the US market. ESPN does work with popular DNS providers to allow us to use the service in Canada. With F1 being commercial free for 2018 season, you should be able to watch using this method. If you have an Apple TV 4 or newer, set it up with a proxy DNS service, grab a gift Credit card from safeway, set the card up with a US address online, start up a US Apple ID, download the ESPN app, and subscribe to ESPN+. It's free for the first 30 days, and $4.99/month afterwards. Once it's working, you should be able to get the entire race live and on demand afterwards fully commercial free, 1080p, 60fps. The quality is absolutely top notch.

schocker
04-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Might try and set this up on my fire TV. I am assuming it would work with my sneaky amex trick.

rage2
04-12-2018, 03:03 PM
According to what I've read, ESPN+ is currently only available on iOS and tvOS apps.

Buster
04-12-2018, 03:26 PM
^ eww

schocker
04-12-2018, 03:27 PM
I think they added the + portion to the normal ESPN app on fire tv

What are the ESPN+ supported devices?

A subscriber can watch ESPN+ in the Watch tab of the latest version of the ESPN App, available on the web, iPhone, iPad, tvOS, Android Handset, Chromecast and FireTV.
My worry is that the streaming will be poor on the fire tv compared to a newer device like my shield. I like to keep them separate.

Chandler_Racing
04-12-2018, 03:58 PM
I'd be a buyer if it was offered and supported in Canada.

Unfortunately, they want me to jump through hoops.

rage2
04-12-2018, 04:55 PM
I'd be a buyer if it was offered and supported in Canada.

Unfortunately, they want me to jump through hoops.
That'll never happen. Unless Bell and Rogers goes under haha. ESPN isn't allowed to sell up here, all the rights for their shit is with TSN/Sportsnet in Canada.

EK 2.0
04-13-2018, 07:46 AM
So ESPN+ launched today for the US market. ESPN does work with popular DNS providers to allow us to use the service in Canada. With F1 being commercial free for 2018 season, you should be able to watch using this method. If you have an Apple TV 4 or newer, set it up with a proxy DNS service, grab a gift Credit card from safeway, set the card up with a US address online, start up a US Apple ID, download the ESPN app, and subscribe to ESPN+. It's free for the first 30 days, and $4.99/month afterwards. Once it's working, you should be able to get the entire race live and on demand afterwards fully commercial free, 1080p, 60fps. The quality is absolutely top notch.

For this I wish I was better with all this webternet speak haha....F1 is the only reason I still have cable...