PDA

View Full Version : DIY stucco patch

ExtraSlow
04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Looking for suggestions on how to match a couple small holes a friend put in my stucco during some other work.

They are small, and I'm sure caulking or something would seal the hole, but look bad. Thoughts?

Thumbs up for scale

Kobe
04-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Is that acrylic stucco or regular stucco?

If acrylic it will never match perfectly unless u repaint the whole wall.

When I worked construction and we were removing the scaffold, we would take some scratch (The grey shit under the stucco (pre color) and hammer it in lightly then take a little bit of stucco and fill up the hole..

It's on a texture part so it won't be as bad there...

If it's the old type of stucco then get some color and mix it (Will be very hard 2 color match) you are better getting paint after you put in scratch and painting it with that color..

It looks lore like the new acrylic stucco though, get scratch fill in the hole and color match it..

Ask your builder what color code the stucco was (If its acrylic it comes premixed) and or ask the home builder if he can contact the company that did the stucco on it if they got any of the acrylic stucco left. We have 100's of near empty buckets of the stuff, wouldn't be surprised if the company that did yours had some left..

ExtraSlow
04-15-2018, 11:18 AM
I did not build the house, so I'm not sure. But was constructed about 2008 I think.

Kobe
04-15-2018, 11:20 AM
I did not build the house, so I'm not sure. But was constructed about 2008 I think.

Will ask my dad his well more educated about it. I haven't worked stucco in 8-10 years (But acrylic stucco was around then was a new thing)

ExtraSlow
04-15-2018, 12:15 PM
As for asking the builder I have no idea who built it. Was an infill and back in the boom so could have been anyone.

bjstare
04-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Small enough that you could fill it with caulking or pl premium or something, then just paint over it with something that matches closely. (or not paint, cause the holes are small and the paint will come off eventually anyways)

Or cut off the end of your friend's pinky fingers and use those to plug the holes. Assuming it's a white guy, color should be ok too.

Kobe
04-15-2018, 12:38 PM
As for asking the builder I have no idea who built it. Was an infill and back in the boom so could have been anyone.

if you even get a small piece take it to

Imasco ( https://www.imascominerals.com/ )

Or Winroc (http://www.winroc.com/# )

There is 1million colors though since' it's all custom made. You can also ask if they delivered it to your house and the color is still on file they used? (Not sure if they will have it on file but worth asking)

Touch it is it rubbery or just cement? If it's like rubber a bit that means it's acrylic stucco, if its cement its old style stucco. (Looks like acrylic Stucco to me from the texture though)

See if they can color match it, but it will never be perfect, you would need 2 paint the wall again (Just the wall with the holes) we have used a spray to do it but it's a lot of work (depending if u got windows/doors) since that all needs to be covered and sprayed like 2-3 times (I forget how many times)

You could do the 1 side that just has the holes..

But ya can use PL premium and paint over it as well...

Acrylic sucks because as soon as it dries its impossible to color match, that's why you will always see it being done in the shade in the summer times. and scaffold being taken down right away when the wall is finished so the holes can get covered before it dries..(On Acrylic walls (Flat) the scaffold usually isn't touching the walls so it can stay up)

We have done some homes and the wall just dried to quickly and fucked up the whole wall we would have to re due all of it, costly errors happens a fair bit.

Edit: Just go to any job site that hasn't landscaping started and grab some scratch coat from the ground and hammer it into the hole... paint it will look nicer than having two little holes..