PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Golf Thread

roopi
04-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Just heard Fox Hollow is opening on Monday the 23rd. 2 year ago they opened on March 8th. :rofl:

Anyone hear of any other course opening next week?

npham
04-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Going to need to head to BC to get your golf fix for April. I doubt many courses will be open before May, TPC Fox Hollow doesn't count.

bjstare
04-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Timely thread.

Just got an email from Pinebrook today, where they said they likely won't be opening until early May. Longer than expected melt times, excessive standing water preventing equipment from getting on the course/range, and more damage than typical winters (i.e. fungicide used for the greens has a limited lifecycle, which possibly could be exceeded this year).

Not only am I paying membership dues for literally nothing right now (they took down the nets and trackman because they had functions booked for the area we use for winter practice), but I'm spending money building a new set of clubs since I'm bored and want to do something golf-ey. haha :facepalm:

roopi
04-19-2018, 06:34 PM
I've heard Lethbridge courses opening this weekend on regular greens as well.

kertejud2
04-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Anyone hear of any other course opening next week?

Glen Eagles is the only other one I think (locally, anyway).

borN
04-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Blue Devil is also opening. I wouldn't be surprised if Country Hills, Delacour, maybe Lynx opened by the weekend. Also, I think the city courses are opening soon...

roopi
04-23-2018, 09:04 PM
Heatherglen and Bluedevil are opening Thursday.

npham
04-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Elbow Springs is opening this Thursday as well.

killramos
04-23-2018, 09:45 PM
No word on Valley Ridge...

killramos
04-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Just got an email

Range is open tomorrow weather dependant, open date for the course to come.

Chandler_Racing
04-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Priddis range is set to open April 28th; Hawk course is targeting the second week in May.

Pumped to get out and play this year.

bjstare
04-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Just got an email

Range is open tomorrow weather dependant, open date for the course to come.

Same.

You don't play at pinebrook do you?

killramos
04-26-2018, 06:28 AM
^Valley Ridge still

Pinebrook is too far away lol

lasimmon
04-26-2018, 09:46 AM
Any one think any courses would be good to play tomorrow or this afternoon? Was thinking of making a tee time as a single

bjstare
04-28-2018, 03:33 PM
^Valley Ridge still

Pinebrook is too far away lol

Haha I just realized that you said like 3 posts up where you play :nut:

killramos
04-28-2018, 03:36 PM
NBD haha

Club opened front 9 today. Didn’t consider myself dedicated enough to play. Went down to the club to stake a few practice swings with the new stocks though.

Think I was swinging better today than the end of last season :nut: not that that says much.

Probably try to get a round in this week and another couple next weekend though. Take advantage of my “spring break”.

Mitsu3000gt
04-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Where would you guys recommend I take some golf lessons? I sometimes need to golf for work and I am so bad (usually shoot 120-130+ if I don’t get bored of playing long before the 18th hole). I just want to become somewhat consistent, especially with irons which make up most of the shots. I don’t care about distance, I’d just like to hit straight haha. I’m sure my technique is really bad. A while ago I did a group lesson with a “pro” from a course and it was expensive for the time spent and not really worth it. I did some brief looking and a lot of places want $120+/hr, is that the going rate?

I have ping rapture irons so I am already playing with helper clubs haha.

JLau
04-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Where would you guys recommend I take some golf lessons? I sometimes need to golf for work and I am so bad (usually shoot 120-130+ if I don’t get bored of playing long before the 18th hole). I just want to become somewhat consistent, especially with irons which make up most of the shots. I don’t care about distance, I’d just like to hit straight haha. I’m sure my technique is really bad. A while ago I did a group lesson with a “pro” from a course and it was expensive for the time spent and not really worth it. I did some brief looking and a lot of places want $120+/hr, is that the going rate?

I have ping rapture irons so I am already playing with helper clubs haha.

Even having a good coach, you still need to spend a ton of time at the range to practice, a good coach doesnt turn you into a good golfer in a few lessons. Get the right fundamentals, then practice practice practice. I heard a lot of good things about Brett Burgeson at country hills GC though. But if you ask me, i think any pro's fundamentals will help you tremendously.

npham
04-29-2018, 06:26 PM
Even having a good coach, you still need to spend a ton of time at the range to practice, a good coach doesnt turn you into a good golfer in a few lessons. Get the right fundamentals, then practice practice practice. I heard a lot of good things about Brett Burgeson at country hills GC though. But if you ask me, i think any pro's fundamentals will help you tremendously.

Brett's not really the type to coach people who are not serious about improving and getting better - practicing a couple times a week, and playing 1-3 times a week. He'll likely only take non members on if you can prove you are serious about practicing and getting better. I think he prefers to coach/teach juniors.

But the going rate is probably $75-150 per lesson, but if you purchase a package of lessons, it will bring the rate down. At your level, quantity is probably better than quality. 10 lessons for $750(or less) is what you should be looking at.

lasimmon
04-29-2018, 07:31 PM
My buddy booked a tee time for Thursday at Serenity. Anyone play out there? How is it as a new course?

kJUMP
04-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Three years ago I got a "coach's pass" at Eaglequest Golf Dome during the off season, I think it was $500 ish. This included ten 30 minute lessons with Brent Grossart and unlimited range time at the Dome. It's a bit of a dump, dungey and kinda dirty but it really helped my game because he taught me fundamentals and then I just practiced over and over again. Then each subsequent session we would focus on a different club or strategies etc. My handicap is now ~20 and I feel like I can improve more on short game/putting but on the tee box and around the fairway I'm getting more comfortable.

bjstare
05-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Got out for my first 9 today. After rebuilding my swing over the last couple months, so now I hit a stock draw instead of fade, I still wound up shooting a 41 with some mediocre putting. Very happy with that.

killramos
05-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Beats my 114 this morning.

But I didn’t connect with my driver all round it was embarrassing.

ExtraSlow
05-05-2018, 07:47 PM
114 is my territory, or in fact, something I normally beat by two or three strokes. I haven't golfed a real round in two years, probably haven't shaved any strokes in that time.

killramos
05-05-2018, 08:12 PM
I had a really rough start and cleaned it up a bit over time.

Will see how tomorrow morning goes if my legs aren’t jello.

ExtraSlow
05-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Toughen up bro

bjstare
05-05-2018, 09:58 PM
I had a really rough start and cleaned it up a bit over time.

Will see how tomorrow morning goes if my legs aren’t jello.

You don't carry, do you? I stopped carrying last year, best decision ever haha. Old man push cart all the way.

killramos
05-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Just a push yup. Couple nasty hills at VR. Tomorrow might take a cart for the back.

20incheyes
05-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Well I just realized I have a tee time for 2 players at Kananaskis this Sunday around 10am. It looks like I won't be able to make it so in case anyone here would like to take it over send me a pm. I did have to put a $50 deposit so please be fine with sending me this via interac email transfer if you would like to play Kananaskis on its opening weekend. Weather report is looking great out there as well.

colinxx235
05-10-2018, 10:31 AM
You don't carry, do you? I stopped carrying last year, best decision ever haha. Old man push cart all the way.

Even when I was younger and in shape I hated carrying at about hole 16/17. Especially because I never ponied up for a really nice super light bag and between a few gatorades/bug spray/sun screen and enough balls to manage an ugly ass round it can get heavy.

Old man tourtrek push cart for the win. I laughed first round with Nam, matching cars and push carts :rofl:
I try to keep golf carting < 5 rounds a year and its only when my dad or buddies all give me shit about it. I much prefer getting the walk in.

Mitsu3000gt
05-10-2018, 11:22 AM
I booked some group lessons through the National Golf Academy at the Dome. $200 for four 90-minute lessons, seemed to be pretty good. Group size is 6 which didn't seem too bad.

bjstare
05-10-2018, 11:26 AM
I booked some group lessons through the National Golf Academy at the Dome. $200 for four 90-minute lessons, seemed to be pretty good. Group size is 6 which didn't seem too bad.

That's a great place to start. I find the most efficient lessons are pairs (i.e. my wife and I). Pro teaches you something, gets you to repeat a few times, then spends a few minutes with the other person while you practise it, rinse and repeat. Won't be quite as efficient with 6 people at a time, but it's definitely a great way to cut down on cost.

Mitsu3000gt
05-10-2018, 11:31 AM
That's a great place to start. I find the most efficient lessons are pairs (i.e. my wife and I). Pro teaches you something, gets you to repeat a few times, then spends a few minutes with the other person while you practise it, rinse and repeat. Won't be quite as efficient with 6 people at a time, but it's definitely a great way to cut down on cost.

Yeah I wanted to start on the cheaper side just to make sure I was getting something out of it before paying for 1on1 or 1on2. I picked the beginner lessons because even though I obviously know how to play, I'm sure there are some very basic things I am not doing properly contributing to me being generally bad at golf haha. Also since it's at the Dome, it will hopefully be easy to stay after the lesson and practice what I learned that day.

bjstare
05-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Yeah I wanted to start on the cheaper side just to make sure I was getting something out of it before paying for 1on1 or 1on2. I picked the beginner lessons because even though I obviously know how to play, I'm sure there are some very basic things I am not doing properly contributing to me being generally bad at golf haha. Also since it's at the Dome, it will hopefully be easy to stay after the lesson and practice what I learned that day.

Makes sense.

Just something to keep in mind that you might run the risk of with a beginner group lesson. The golf swing is a VERY individual thing. If at any point, your instructor says "everybody here should do x,y,z" (regarding grip, stance, etc), you should basically ask for your money back, IMO. What works for you will more than likely not work for your neighbour. If you have time, google "pitfalls of style based golf instruction" or something. There's plenty online about it.

pf0sh0
05-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Makes sense.

Just something to keep in mind that you might run the risk of with a beginner group lesson. The golf swing is a VERY individual thing. If at any point, your instructor says "everybody here should do x,y,z" (regarding grip, stance, etc), you should basically ask for your money back, IMO. What works for you will more than likely not work for your neighbour. If you have time, google "pitfalls of style based golf instruction" or something. There's plenty online about it.

I think this is pretty accurate - I did a group lesson about 3 years ago and it was an everybody should do x y z style of lessons, but because it was cheap I took the lessons as a loose guideline for tips and pointers and learned more with practice and youtube vids.

Mitsu3000gt
05-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Thanks.

Currently my swing is kind of like this:

1) Draw back
2) Begin Swing
3) Half way through swing, the idea will pop into my head that this could be an amazing hit, so I death grip the club and finish the swing as hard as I can
4) Put massive divet in the grass, or hit the ball 90 degrees to my intended target

Rinse & repeat haha. I actually can hit a driver not too bad, though I often need help aiming - what I think is straight is rarely lined up properly. But that is such a small part of golf, I can't hit an iron and that is where I really need to improve. I just want consistency.

The other issue I have is a psychological one. One time, I hit the ground so hard I injured my hand for ~6 months (probably wasn't holding the club correctly either). Now, I have a natural tendency to pull up just before impact to avoid the same injury, and I end up "topping" the ball with most of the iron hits I make. So I need to learn to not try and kill the ball, and to get confidence back that I won't smash the club into the ground.

colinxx235
05-10-2018, 03:20 PM
^

Have you thought about buying alignment sticks to practice with? would probably help you a lot at the range which will carry over to the course.

That and I would suggest that if you have some spare time to watch some of the videos of channels, such as these guys https://www.youtube.com/user/meandmygolf

I often watch videos from a few users during off season of if I can find one on something that I am having issues with, then after that is just about getting to the range and spending time to try and fix.

Mitsu3000gt
05-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Alignment sticks look handy. I have done a similar thing just by putting a couple of my clubs down, but I don't always have time if there are people behind me. Often I think I'm lined up and then someone will let me know that I am aiming way off into the trees :rofl:

I will also check out some YouTube stuff, thanks - it seems to be good for everything else, so it's probably quite useful for Golf too.

npham
05-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Just using alignment sticks at the range will be a big help. Learning how to square yourself up to the ball(shoulders and stance) is a skill that's not really taught, but essential to hitting shots on target. Having a pre-shot routine sounds lame, but it's an easy way to make sure you are lined up properly, before you even start your backswing.

sl888
05-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Alignment sticks look handy. I have done a similar thing just by putting a couple of my clubs down, but I don't always have time if there are people behind me. Often I think I'm lined up and then someone will let me know that I am aiming way off into the trees :rofl:

I will also check out some YouTube stuff, thanks - it seems to be good for everything else, so it's probably quite useful for Golf too.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and grab the reflective fiberglass rods used for driveway markers. They're pretty much the same thing as tour sticks but just $4.

Mitsu3000gt
05-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and grab the reflective fiberglass rods used for driveway markers. They're pretty much the same thing as tour sticks but just $4.

Good to know. I imagine anything when marketed as a golf improvement device instantly costs 10X more haha.

pf0sh0
05-11-2018, 01:27 PM
JW, does Beyond ever set up a golf tournament?

killramos
05-11-2018, 01:29 PM
If they did that some people would have to actually put their money where their mouths are for their drive distances. :rofl:

ExtraSlow
05-11-2018, 01:46 PM
I will attend this tournament, and if I get four strokes per beer, I've got a shot of winning!

colinxx235
05-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Back when Leah was involved with Blue devil she tried to organize Beyonders getting out and so many people flaked it didn't work well.

As for driving distances I can only confirm Nam and the CjBlair was only at a sim. I prefer to hold the record for the further club toss personally :rofl:

pf0sh0
05-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Haha, I wasn't really active in this thread last year ( or much at all lately) but it seemed like the golf thread was quite active. Thought maybe there was one... someone should set it up, someone who isn't me though.

npham
05-17-2018, 08:50 AM
You probably couldn't get a tournament together, but like 8-12 guys could be doable. Would have to have it at a course that isn't someone's home course, so no one could bitch about it. Or if someone wants to put it together, then they can pick their course, since we are all too lazy to put something together. I'd be down for it though.

bjstare
05-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Was gonna post these in the latest purchase thread, but they'll probably be more appreciated here. Got 7 of these babies a little while ago, builder finally finished with them this week and I got them to the range yesterday.

Let's just say, not a lot of help on mishits :rofl:

npham
05-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Can't wait for you to hit one out towards the toe and have it go 20 yards short...I'll buy them at a 50% haircut.

bjstare
05-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Can't wait for you to hit one out towards the toe and have it go 20 yards short...I'll buy them at a 50% haircut.

If I miss that bad, it's usually a shank, and that's as bad on one club as the next haha. These ones actually don't penalise too bad if you hit near the heel.

pf0sh0
05-18-2018, 10:01 AM
Anyone have any iron suggestions?

I am looking to upgrade from my Callaway Razr set. I have been shopping around and have been thinking about the Titleist AP2, Taylormade M2, and Callaway Apex. Anyone have thoughts on these?

For reference, I usually finish around the 90s and occasionally break 90 (not often).

lasimmon
05-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Anyone play Kananaskis yet?

Got a tee time for tomorrow morning there. Curious on the condition of the course.

colinxx235
05-18-2018, 10:27 AM

I am looking to upgrade from my Callaway Razr set. I have been shopping around and have been thinking about the Titleist AP2, Taylormade M2, and Callaway Apex. Anyone have thoughts on these?

For reference, I usually finish around the 90s and occasionally break 90 (not often).

From personal experience I would say the AP2 are a bit better of a handicap than you are at currently.

For reference I'm usually around 11.5-12 HCP and I play a set of 714 AP1's with KBS 120 tour stiffs in. So I'd give a vote for the AP1 or as well if you are going new those AP3's look beautiful and a good bridge between AP1 to AP2. Granted the newer AP2 are much more forgiving than the 712's I was trying but ultimately whatever feels comfortable for ya!

bjstare
05-18-2018, 10:41 AM

AP2 are quite different from Apex and M2. Personally, I think the M2's are garbage. More of an exercise in marketing than anything. AP and Apex line are an entirely different thing (quality forged club). You also need to decide what kind of club you want - AP2 is more comparable to an Apex Pro - these are players irons. If you're a decent ball striker, I'd recommend one of those (or Srixon 765 - I have a set and they're great), or try Taylormade P770 or 790. If you are not a super strong ball striker, then look at AP1 which is a competitor to the Apex (or Srixon 565). Like Colin said, AP3 might be a nice happy medium. You could also look at Ping i200. Either way, I would recommend you hit Srixons while you're deciding. Lots of people like them.

pf0sh0
05-18-2018, 10:51 AM
I meant AP1 in my post. Thats my bad.

Maybe i will try out Srixons. Problem is I haven't been able to get out and hit some of these clubs. I need to make some time. Basically just have been doing internet research.. which isn't always the best strategy haha

thanks for the suggestions!!

npham
05-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Anyone play Kananaskis yet?

Got a tee time for tomorrow morning there. Curious on the condition of the course.

Take some pics, I'd love to hear how the conditions/layout turned out. I've got some tee times booked this year as well.

lasimmon
05-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Take some pics, I'd love to hear how the conditions/layout turned out. I've got some tee times booked this year as well.

Yah will do. I actually just looked on tuesday for a tee time and thought I would take a look at kananaskis and there was a 4 some available at 8:15 so I jumped on it.

bjstare
05-18-2018, 12:41 PM
I meant AP1 in my post. Thats my bad.

Maybe i will try out Srixons. Problem is I haven't been able to get out and hit some of these clubs. I need to make some time. Basically just have been doing internet research.. which isn't always the best strategy haha

thanks for the suggestions!!
Internet research is a great place to start, but make sure you hit a few before you decide. Also, just my 2c but when testing try not to focus on distance numbers, focus on dispersion.

colinxx235
05-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Internet research is a great place to start, but make sure you hit a few before you decide. Also, just my 2c but when testing try not to focus on distance numbers, focus on dispersion.

That and feel, some guys will sit there and keep adjusting the hands/not liking the swing but say "oh well the numbers from trackman are there, guess i'll take it"

And yah, i'll also double up on fuck TM irons. Mine lasted ~4 seasons and 4 of them snapped at the hozzle due to rust before I said fuck it and swapped to Titleist. I like my AP1s a lot, but I'm not dishing out enough free income for AP3/2s :rofl:

bjstare
05-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Tried to play in that wind yesterday; course was empty so I just ran out on my own. Shot 46 on the front 9, then quit cause the wind wasn't slowing and I started getting cold. And I wasn't setting any scoring records. haha

pf0sh0
05-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Well its good to know there is general consensus on F TM.. haha

I agree, while I do do a lot of internet research, it always comes down to testing the clubs out, which can be disappointing in reality after performing extensive internet research lol

npham
05-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Well its good to know there is general consensus on F TM.. haha

I agree, while I do do a lot of internet research, it always comes down to testing the clubs out, which can be disappointing in reality after performing extensive internet research lol

While their irons aren't great, at least in the cavity back/game improvement area, their drivers and woods are awesome. Also their blades are really nice too, I wouldn't hesitate to play their blades(MMProtos, Rory or TW blades).

Colin and I played yesterday too. Fucking battle out there, but we finished. Definitely didn't break any scoring records either.

bjstare
05-20-2018, 02:47 PM
While their irons aren't great, at least in the cavity back/game improvement area, their drivers and woods are awesome. Also their blades are really nice too, I wouldn't hesitate to play their blades(MMProtos, Rory or TW blades).

Colin and I played yesterday too. Fucking battle out there, but we finished. Definitely didn't break any scoring records either.

Agreed, I love my TM Driver. And would absolutely play their P730 irons (probably should be, they aren't too much different than the ones I've got now other than half the price haha).

Also, I think you meant to say Rors Proto, here's a pic of MMProto for reference :rofl::

pf0sh0
05-22-2018, 07:08 AM
I went and played Serenity for the first time this weekend. I have never been attacked by so many mosquitoes in my life before.. It was very frustrating haha

colinxx235
05-22-2018, 09:19 AM
The mosquitoes have definitely been bad this season so far, I keep getting ate up at Elbow.

Saturday was definitely interesting for Nam and I, that wind was not very kind. I was almost 20 strokes better on Sunday :rofl: ended up canceling the Monday round to do a bunch of yard work. Every time I'm like yah I should get a new driver I have a round like I did Sunday mashing the ball and go... meh do I really want to drop $700+ haha

Also I have a feeling Nam will be selling some wedges soon here Craig only 2-3 rounds of usage on them :devil::rofl:

lasimmon
05-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Played at Kananaskis on saturday. Was the first group out for the day (8:15, turned to 8:25 with a frost delay). We played quickly in about 3.5 hours, which was nice. Course was in fantastic shape and the views were amazing.

Biggest complaint being them mowing all the grass on a Saturday morning of the long weekend.. Totally ruined the experiance IMO. No peace and quiet just constant mowers on the fairways/tee boxes/rough. We chased them essentially till the 14th or 15th hole.

Why the hell can't they start at 18 and work backwards so to only piss people off for 1 or 2 holes and not their whole bloody round?

We did see a bear so that was pretty cool.

bjstare
05-22-2018, 11:01 AM
The mosquitoes have definitely been bad this season so far, I keep getting ate up at Elbow.

Saturday was definitely interesting for Nam and I, that wind was not very kind. I was almost 20 strokes better on Sunday :rofl: ended up canceling the Monday round to do a bunch of yard work. Every time I'm like yah I should get a new driver I have a round like I did Sunday mashing the ball and go... meh do I really want to drop $700+ haha

Also I have a feeling Nam will be selling some wedges soon here Craig only 2-3 rounds of usage on them :devil::rofl:

Awesome, I will be all over those things if he sells them! Yeah mosquitoes are awful this year. I even got bit a couple times after putting on repellent yesterday.

Had a very frustrating round yesterday, shot 43-49. First 8 holes I was striking the ball very well but no putts were dropping. Had a pile of 3-putt bogeys, and a blow up on 9. Hit a 300yd drive to a good spot in the fairway, had a hybrid 2nd shot into the green (par 5) that I hit fat, followed by a shanked pitch shot. I lost all motivation after that.

Got off the tee pretty well on the back 9, but hit another 3 shanks and didn't get a single par.

vengie
05-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Awesome, I will be all over those things if he sells them! Yeah mosquitoes are awful this year. I even got bit a couple times after putting on repellent yesterday.

Had a very frustrating round yesterday, shot 43-49. First 8 holes I was striking the ball very well but no putts were dropping. Had a pile of 3-putt bogeys, and a blow up on 9. Hit a 300yd drive to a good spot in the fairway, had a hybrid 2nd shot into the green (par 5) that I hit fat, followed by a shanked pitch shot. I lost all motivation after that.

Got off the tee pretty well on the back 9, but hit another 3 shanks and didn't get a single par.

What app is this?? very cool

killramos
05-22-2018, 11:42 AM
That’s the garmin. Major golf nerd stuff it’s awesome.

sl888
05-22-2018, 12:59 PM
I went and played Serenity for the first time this weekend. I have never been attacked by so many mosquitoes in my life before.. It was very frustrating haha
It was unbearable last Tuesday, I left after the first hole.

pf0sh0
05-23-2018, 06:56 AM
It was unbearable last Tuesday, I left after the first hole.

It was nuts man. I have never had to reapply more bug spray in my life and still got eaten.

wintonyk
05-23-2018, 11:13 PM
Just booked K country for mid june... looking forward to it, looks stunning. Have got Bootleg Gap, Wildstone, St Eugenes and Shadow Mountain this weekend.

bjstare
05-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Had a silly round today. Was striking the ball great, and putting good as well... +6 through 15 holes (which is good for me), then went +5 through the last 3 holes. I had a great shot at dipping into the 70s - which I rarely do - and completely blew it haha.

Oh well, I suppose if it wasn't frustrating, it wouldn't be golf.

sl888
06-06-2018, 10:48 PM
48 putts yesterday :banghead: now that's frustrating!

bjstare
06-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Pretty quiet in here.

This year has been absolutely brutal for wind. Not as bad as the summer that it rained like every day, but pretty close haha.

Went out this morning, shot my new best round. Highlights for me were dunking a bunker shot for bird, and 2' away from an ace.

colinxx235
06-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Pretty quiet in here.

This year has been absolutely brutal for wind. Not as bad as the summer that it rained like every day, but pretty close haha.

Went out this morning, shot my new best round. Highlights for me were dunking a bunker shot for bird, and 2' away from an ace.

Nice, so we're both down to +4 as the best round :devil:

I haven't been playing as much, I'm waiting for an ultrasound on my wrist but they are suspecting a TFCC tear. It has been extremely painful to golf somedays and when it really flares up during the round despite taping it up a ton I just start blading the ball as my body just refuses to contact the ground.

SOAB
06-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Played at Delacour last sunday from the Silver tees. started out on fire with 3 pars and a birdie. ended up shooting a 40 for the front 9 (personal best) and it all came crashing back down to earth on the back nine with a 47. only 1 triple bogey. my putting was was great that day. still had a personal best of 87.

bjstare
06-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Nice, so we're both down to +4 as the best round :devil:

I haven't been playing as much, I'm waiting for an ultrasound on my wrist but they are suspecting a TFCC tear. It has been extremely painful to golf somedays and when it really flares up during the round despite taping it up a ton I just start blading the ball as my body just refuses to contact the ground.

Daaamn that sucks. Get some graphite shafts put in, that's what everyone else with wrist/joint pain does haha.

trieu
06-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Do you guys have putter fitting recommendations in Calgary? I'm open to any brand but would like to see what works best for my stroke.

bjstare
07-01-2018, 10:33 PM
I read that ted and dave's custom golf does it. Haven't used them myself though, so don't take that as a strong recommendation.

On another note, I got out today shot an 82 with a bunch of bogeys and a couple narrowly missed putts. Finally dropped me into the single digit index club, hopefully I can get it down to a 5 or 6 by the end of the year. Gets tougher and tougher though.