GingeRRRBeef
04-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Who's seen it? Let's discuss!

tcon
04-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Oh snap

Tik-Tok
04-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Came for the spoilers, left disappointed.

94CoRd
04-28-2018, 01:55 PM
I never read the comics, so I rely solely on the movies to take me through the Marvel universe. I have no idea what the next ones are going to entail. How are people going to come back from the ol' finger snap? I know the thread says spoilers, but I just don't feel right diving in to who what where.. maybe once more people have seen it..

holden
04-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Who plays Adam Warlock?

Tik-Tok
04-28-2018, 06:25 PM
Who plays Adam Warlock?

He's not in the film.

KLCC
04-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Well....I guess the gravy train ends for many hollywood stars in this movie....I never seem the comic, but who is Captain Marvel?

Tej.S
04-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Well....I guess the gravy train ends for many hollywood stars in this movie....I never seem the comic, but who is Captain Marvel?

In simple terms, it's basically MCU's superman.

jampack
04-28-2018, 11:37 PM
In simple terms, it's basically MCU's superman.

Or superwoman.. Or I guess Wonderwoman? She just doesn’t have weapons/gadgets like her. Hehe.

CompletelyNumb
04-29-2018, 02:26 AM
Just watched it.

Worst part: people next to us took off their shoes and socks for the movie. Coughing like they had TB. Sipping every last drop out of the pop cans they smuggled in.

Best part: movie was pretty dope.

BavarianBeast
04-29-2018, 12:14 PM
I went last night and really enjoyed it.

I’m no marvel expert but I think that the Avengers will be able to recover the time stone and to back to where Thanos snaps his fingers. I just can’t see them ending that many characters, but who knows.

GingeRRRBeef
04-29-2018, 02:06 PM
The action in the movie was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, there's really no lasting impact when characters die because, just like in the comic books, a snap of the fingers can bring everyone back.

BigDannyCool
04-29-2018, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the ones that faded to dust are the ones coming back and the ones that were left are gonna be leaving the mcu. The ones that are gone still have future movies in the works

CompletelyNumb
04-29-2018, 03:13 PM
The ones left will all have PTSD and need to retire, the ones who died will come back like nothing every happened to them. My guess.

Captain Marvel in the next film will be pretty epic.

89coupe
04-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Just watched it, a lot going on, tons of action, Thanos was badass.

Great movie, look forward to part II.

The one scene he was on that planet alone, I thought for a second he was going to meet death, I was wrong.

jampack
04-30-2018, 02:43 AM
Just watched it, a lot going on, tons of action, Thanos was badass.

Great movie, look forward to part II.

The one scene he was on that planet alone, I thought for a second he was going to meet death, I was wrong.

I actually thought of Death too before seeing the movie if she’s gonna be shown.

Tej.S
04-30-2018, 10:01 AM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.. DC - take notes.

bball2
04-30-2018, 02:21 PM
It was awesome, probably my favourite Marvel movie so far!

That ending though... theatre was dead silent even through the credits.

max_boost
04-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Really fun movie! Would watch it again.

redline
04-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Spoiler... they win

colinxx235
05-02-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.. DC - take notes.

But they clearly have... just suck at it

Wonder Woman (Captain America with flipped sexes)

Justice League (oh Avengers threw in comedy, lets do that too)

Aside from the Nolan Batman series, quite often fall short.

max_boost
05-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Spoiler... they win

Journey, not destination :devil:

EK 2.0
05-03-2018, 08:01 AM
*SIGH*....

I teared up 3 times man....come on Marvel....you can't do this to me...

I don't follow the comics, or know of the lore behind characters; where they end up timeline and story wise...

But this movie was AMAZING in tying shit together for me....I was a little confused at times with the jumping around....but man oh man too good!!...

And that OLD SKOOL flip phone....I saw that and it click immediately why Stark kept it on his person all the time.

But, it doesn't matter what, how, why or when...when you need it, the homies, the family will always be there for you.....*sniff sniff*....

killramos
05-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Great entertainment. Didn’t enjoy the ending but I can think of a better way to do it.

Stark Spidey combo and Thor Rocket Raccoon were my favourites for sure.

Star lord fucked it all up that A hole

Kg810
05-03-2018, 09:50 AM

But did he?

Recall the initial spat between Stark and Dr. Strange on Ebony's ship, what Dr. Strange said about the odds of winning and then how the fight on Titan panned out.

rx7boi
05-03-2018, 10:33 AM
They really did a disservice for the Black Order. Made em out to be super pimp baddies at the beginning of the movie and got whooped like numpties at the end of the film.

Even Yondu lasted longer in space than Ebony Maw.

killramos
05-03-2018, 10:34 AM
They better come up with some mindfuck reason why they couldn’t just use the time stone to stop Thanos in the first place.

As soon as they start bringing changing the past into ti it’s not even really worth speculating as it makes literally anything possible.

suntan
05-03-2018, 12:24 PM

flipstah
05-03-2018, 01:05 PM
I gotta watch it in IMAX.

Did Dr. Strange see all possible scenarios and went, 'this is the best one IMO'?

I kinda went to the washroom around that scene.

Kg810
05-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Did Dr. Strange see all possible scenarios and went, 'this is the best one IMO'?

No. He looked into the future at all possible outcomes, which was like 14 million and out of the 14 million outcomes there was only 1 where they won.

94CoRd
05-03-2018, 03:23 PM
No. He looked into the future at all possible outcomes, which was like 14 million and out of the 14 million outcomes there was only 1 where they won.

Maybe giving Thanos the time stone is/was the only scenario that they win...

Kg810
05-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Maybe giving Thanos the time stone is/was the only scenario that they win...

:thumbsup:

beecue
05-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Sucks Cap and likely everyone else alive is going to actually die in the next one. I wonder if Fury paged Captain Marvel in space or in the past.

Tej.S
05-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Great entertainment. Didn’t enjoy the ending but I can think of a better way to do it.

Stark Spidey combo and Thor Rocket Raccoon were my favourites for sure.

Keep in mind, this is part 1 of 2. Consider the ending to be more of an intermission :)

94CoRd
05-04-2018, 05:48 AM
Keep in mind, this is part 1 of 2. Consider the ending to be more of an intermission :)

I just heard that - and the Directors or Producers or whatever, are keeping the name of the movie under wraps because it gives too much away. :clap:

SilverRex
05-04-2018, 07:00 AM
I heard from an interesting comment from other discussion that all the people you see vanished actually are the ones that did not die but the ones you still see standing are actually dead It would be such a twist imo but I doubt it. lol

flipstah
05-04-2018, 08:35 AM
I heard from an interesting comment from other discussion that all the people you see vanished actually are the ones that did not die but the ones you still see standing are actually dead It would be such a twist imo but I doubt it. lol

Valid argument. Damn, that's good.

Quizzes
05-04-2018, 12:43 PM
This is like the HBO show The Leftovers.

BigMass
05-04-2018, 07:37 PM
This felt like what The Last Jedi wished it was, an epic fantasy space opera. One of, if not the best Marvel movie so far. Best theater experience in a long time.

shakalaka
05-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Was avoiding this thread until now. Just got back from it. Loved it. Was left feeling a little crappy at the ending but it is what it is. Would be interesting to see what happens in the next one. Ideally everyone that died comes back and the ones that didn't get to stay too. lol.

After scene credit when fury sends that message, any idea what/who it was to?

BigDannyCool
05-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Captain marvel

max_boost
05-05-2018, 12:03 PM
Captain marvel

lokJkv32EUA

:love: :love: :love:

Tej.S
05-05-2018, 12:13 PM
lokJkv32EUA

:love: :love: :love:

I love how they don't even have the decency to put fan made in the title. This click-bait trailer shows absolutely no representation of captain marvel.

max_boost
05-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Oh damn. Oops haha :facepalm:

pheoxs
05-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Edit: nvm

89coupe
05-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Was avoiding this thread until now. Just got back from it. Loved it. Was left feeling a little crappy at the ending but it is what it is. Would be interesting to see what happens in the next one. Ideally everyone that died comes back and the ones that didn't get to stay too. lol.

After scene credit when fury sends that message, any idea what/who it was to?

Captain Marvel

taemo
05-07-2018, 09:21 AM
watched it yesterday, probably the best Marvel movie for me as it kept me entertained the whole time.
glad that I watched Black Panther first before this as it explains the character and Wakanda more.

I'm guessing we are looking forward to 2019 for Captain Marvel, Infinity War 2 and Game of Thrones in 2019!

Xtrema
05-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Just watched it. It met expectation given so many characters and arcs. It's just the technical plot holes that got me slightly out of it.

- Don't like how they turn the Hulk into a wimp.
- given the baddies has tractor/transportor beams, that should have been the weapon of choice to defeat most characters instead of hand to hand combat. That massive land battle could be won in seconds the minute shield is opened and they just transport everyone out of the way.
- why the hell can't Dr Strange just sling ring everyone off that ship and back to earth?

lilmira
05-14-2018, 08:04 AM
It's quite enjoyable. It's a simple story that floats pretty well in general. I think the comic relief helps a lot.
There were three scenes that I find annoying.

Gamora wanting Starlord to kill her to save the day. FFS just kill yourself in the first place if you are so determined. No, not wait till you are captured by Thanos. Then later flip-flopped to save Nebula? I know the story needs her for the father daughter thing but it would have been better without her sacrifice speech.
Starlord freaking out when the group was trying to take the gauntlet. They won't beat Thanos anyway. He deserves better. Let him fight with emotion and lose.
Come on Scarlet Witch, what's the point of trying to save Vision? To let Thanos kill him and everyone moment later. I'd rather see them take Vision first and Scarlet Witch goes nuts.

Tej.S
05-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Question: do we need to include spoiler tabs even though SPOILERS is in the title of the thread?

hurrdurr
05-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Question: do we need to include spoiler tabs even though SPOILERS is in the title of the thread?

Probably not but it's respectful so why not :dunno:

Xtrema
05-14-2018, 03:32 PM
It's quite enjoyable. It's a simple story that floats pretty well in general. I think the comic relief helps a lot.

Gamora wanting Starlord to kill her to save the day. FFS just kill yourself in the first place if you are so determined. No, not wait till you are captured by Thanos. Then later flip-flopped to save Nebula? I know the story needs her for the father daughter thing but it would have been better without her sacrifice speech.
Starlord freaking out when the group was trying to take the gauntlet. They won't beat Thanos anyway. He deserves better. Let him fight with emotion and lose.
Come on Scarlet Witch, what's the point of trying to save Vision? To let Thanos kill him and everyone moment later. I'd rather see them take Vision first and Scarlet Witch goes nuts.

- Macguffin to get Soul Stone.

- They almost did get the Gauntlet. Starlord freaking out over Gamora is in line with how his character reacted when he found out Ego killed his mom. I have no problem how it went down that Starlord's emotion cost the team a potential win.

- Scarlet doesn't know Thanos got the time stone to rewind and kill Vision again. And she only kills him to prevent Thanos to get the stone. Also the way Suri runs off and the grey out body of Vision probably mean Vision will return in some form of android that will be much less powerful.

All Marvel movies have plot holes. HISHE will find it and make fun of it.

Tej.S
05-14-2018, 10:23 PM

They can't really use scarlet witch's powers because she can literally alter reality itself. If she wished for thanos to not exist, she could make it so. A lot of the characters have to be dumbed down because they're just stupid OP in the comics. We wouldn't really have much a MCU otherwise.

Probably not but it's respectful so why not :dunno:

That's what I figured, fair enough.

Jeeper1986
05-14-2018, 11:05 PM
having hulk be a puss after he got beat up was kinda annoying, watching the movie I was waiting for him to come out of banner and smash the hell out of that bigger monster guy, having that hulk buster didn't fit in with the movie at all, but I guess hulk had his time in the last avengers movie

Tej.S
05-15-2018, 06:49 AM
having hulk be a puss after he got beat up was kinda annoying, watching the movie I was waiting for him to come out of banner and smash the hell out of that bigger monster guy, having that hulk buster didn't fit in with the movie at all, but I guess hulk had his time in the last avengers movie

Apparently, according to the directors, that was not how the hulk was meant to be perceived. Those scenes were meant to show that the hulk was just tired of being used whenever there were big baddies to fight.

Xtrema
05-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Apparently, according to the directors, that was not how the hulk was meant to be perceived. Those scenes were meant to show that the hulk was just tired of being used whenever there were big baddies to fight.

Exact quote:

“We thought it’d be more interesting to explore Banner as a hero rather than someone that whines to get help from his alter-ego who he dislikes,” Joe Russo added. “The Hulk is not interested in helping [Banner] anymore. These two have reached an impasse with each other.”

https://www.inverse.com/article/44602-avengers-infinity-war-hulk-bruce-banner-spoilers-transformation

BerserkerCatSplat
05-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Well, then they failed. Hulk seemed like he was terrified of Thanos after his initial beating - which is kinda antithetical to the whole Hulk=angry=power thing.

Wakalimasu
05-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Dr Strange could've ended it at any time. He has portal slicers o doom.

pheoxs
07-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Bringing this back because I didn't feel like making a new thread but has anyone scene the new Ant Man?

Holy shit the ending. So many people in the theater screamed

ZenOps
01-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Thanos is my hero.

asp integra
01-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Thanos is my hero.

Is he really that bad a guy? He's just trying to help with a population crisis

Xtrema
01-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Greater the suffering, longer the peace.

Tik-Tok
01-09-2019, 12:37 PM

In the films, it was the limited resources crisis, which made no sense. I wish they stuck to the original story line.

ZenOps
01-09-2019, 12:51 PM
*shrugs shoulders* :dunno: I always thought people were resources.

Throw 10,000 maggots at that trench boys!

lilmira
01-09-2019, 01:50 PM
So what happened to his floating throne thingy? Did he trade it in for the gauntlet?

BerserkerCatSplat
01-09-2019, 06:04 PM
So what happened to his floating throne thingy? Did he trade it in for the gauntlet?

Stuck it in the back of a barn at the Thanos Interstellar Retirement Farm.

Misterman
01-10-2019, 06:44 PM
In the films, it was the limited resources crisis, which made no sense. I wish they stuck to the original story line.

Limited resources and over population are kind of the same thing. Less people or more resources solves either issue.

Gman.45
01-14-2019, 05:10 AM

I realize you're joking, for anyone really interested in the thrones however:

This is "film" canon, not comic - if you watch the first Guardians of the Galaxy film, when they first show Thanos in that floating throne, when Ronan the Accuser is summoned, there is an info bar that pops up which says "Sanctuary, Domain of Thanos". During Infinity War, when we see a throne that isn't floating but solidly built into some sort of larger surface - that's aboard Thanos's ship, which is called "Sanctuary Two". The first area in Guardians I believe is more of a home base area (floating throne), while the Sanctuary Two is again a very large ship and mobile base which Thanos built, which has the other throne.

Looking forward to the next Avengers 4. Some are a bit apprehensive after some of Kevin Feige's recent statements: I too hope he doesn't go down the same road as Kathleen Kennedy(Star Wars), and go full social justice mode like they have, with their new 'leader" of the franchise, Capt Marvel. I have no problem with a woman leading the Avengers, so long as it's more a Sigorney Weaver type deal, and less a Vice Admiral Holdo type deal. Looking forward to Capt Marvel too, but again, hoping they don't go down the same road as SW did. I think Feige is smarter than that, and some of his recent comments have just been taken negatively due to the Star Wars TLJ fiasco.

JordanEG6
01-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Looking forward to the next Avengers 4. Some are a bit apprehensive after some of Kevin Feige's recent statements: I too hope he doesn't go down the same road as Kathleen Kennedy(Star Wars), and go full social justice mode like they have, with their new 'leader" of the franchise, Capt Marvel. I have no problem with a woman leading the Avengers, so long as it's more a Sigorney Weaver type deal, and less a Vice Admiral Holdo type deal. Looking forward to Capt Marvel too, but again, hoping they don't go down the same road as SW did. I think Feige is smarter than that, and some of his recent comments have just been taken negatively due to the Star Ward TLJ fiasco.

I really hope they don't go this route. It will ruin the entire franchise and the 10 years audiences have gone through getting to know the characters only for someone new to wash Thanos and save the day.

SW: TLJ bothered me because of this. It was clearly pandering to the extreme left as far as I can tell. Also: if you weaponize warp speed, why not do that for everything? But that's another discussion in another thread.