PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get Bike Parts?

300havoc
04-27-2018, 12:40 PM
Hey All,

So I'm getting my bike down from the rafters after a few years of lack of use. I managed to break the connection from the seat post to the saddle and I'm looking at getting a new one. The bike I have is a 2008/09 Norco Sasquatch.

I guess I'm just wondering, where does everyone like to get their parts from? Online Vs Local?

D'z Nutz
04-27-2018, 12:45 PM
From blitz :rofl:

lilmira
04-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Online is the cheapest 95% of the time. If you know exactly what you want and you don't mind waiting for delivery it's hard to argue with the saving. What I found now is that once you build a good relationship with local shop, their pricing can be pretty good. May be it's not as good as online still but it's close enough for me to shop local.

Penguin_Racecar
04-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Hey All,

So I'm getting my bike down from the rafters after a few years of lack of use. I managed to break the connection from the seat post to the saddle and I'm looking at getting a new one. The bike I have is a 2008/09 Norco Sasquatch.

I guess I'm just wondering, where does everyone like to get their parts from? Online Vs Local?

Did you break a bolt? Those can be replaced. If you need a new seat post and don't feel like waiting or potentially getting dinged with shipping/customs charges then local would be best. If you know the seat post OD (should be written on the post) and length you can stop in at almost any shop and they should be able to help you out. Bow Cycle is my go-to, but I'm biased as they sponsor my team.

300havoc
04-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Did you break a bolt? Those can be replaced. If you need a new seat post and don't feel like waiting or potentially getting dinged with shipping/customs charges then local would be best. If you know the seat post OD (should be written on the post) and length you can stop in at almost any shop and they should be able to help you out. Bow Cycle is my go-to, but I'm biased as they sponsor my team.

Yeah I snapped the bolt, and over the years I think I lost the top bracket for the saddle as well. I don't mind waiting for parts, so online looks like it could be the option I go for. I remember buying the bike at a shop in High River that I don't think exists anymore.

ShermanEF9
04-27-2018, 02:49 PM
I usually just buy used for solid parts like that. its rare i buy new. check pinkbike or kijiji.

taemo
04-27-2018, 03:00 PM
From blitz :rofl:

this lol

if I need a piece in a hurry then MEC as it's not too far from my work.
a replacement seatpost is 20-30$ from what I recall.
50$ if you want CF or a more reputable brand.

D'z Nutz
04-27-2018, 03:04 PM
Yeah if you just need a cheap seatpost, I think Mec has one for like $13 or $17? I bought one for my winter saddle so I can swap seats easily without needing to readjust the saddle each time. MEC is pretty good with spare parts, so you might even want to just take the seatpost and saddle to their repairs department and see if they have something that will work for you. They might even just give it to you for free if they have lots laying around.

buh_buh
04-28-2018, 07:46 AM
For online, I usually buy from www.chainreactioncycles.com or www.probikekit.com