PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy replacement garage door springs?

eblend
05-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Hi guys,

Buddy called and said he can't open his garage door. Dropped by and one of his springs has snapped. I did all my garage doors before, and offered to assist in replacement as I have done it before to save him money. Anyways, I know exactly what I need, a 273 WIRE x 2" INSIDE DIAMETER x 46-1/2" LENGTH TORSION SPRING W/Fittings, now, where can I get this locally as an end user sale, without having to have someone give me the whole talk about it being dangerous and leaving it to pros etc. Just want to go in, buy the spring, and call it a day. Plan on buying a right and a left side wound spring to replace both.

Thanks

dj_rice
05-01-2018, 10:02 PM
If you know exactly, could try ordering from Amazon and do the Prime 2 Day Shipping. But if not, locally, I found The Garage Door Depot?

eblend
05-02-2018, 07:44 AM
If you know exactly, could try ordering from Amazon and do the Prime 2 Day Shipping. But if not, locally, I found The Garage Door Depot?

I found the Garage Door Depot as well and send them an inquiry, but it seems like it's ran out of a house or something, not sure if there is an actual store front. I will look more into it.

Unfortunately it seems like these are an odd size and most places that carry these are out of the states, an unfortunately amazon doesn't list any of this size either.

EDIT: Looks like they do indeed have a location. Something on their site is broken, and after looking at it from my PC was able to find them. Will check em out.

The_Penguin
05-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Have bought parts from Garage Door Depot, seemed pretty good.

eblend
05-02-2018, 08:54 AM
They got back to me, said they don't have any in stock, but can have em made for me...for pickup this afternoon, crazy fast. Thanks everyone. $230 for two springs.

eblend
05-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Update:

Got the springs, installed, and the garage is back in business.

ExtraSlow
05-05-2018, 05:20 PM
:clap:
Yay