PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Truck Issues - Dealership Service

JfuckinC
05-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I had my truck in for some work in February because my front right axle got fucked up while i was driving in 4x4 (one wheel dry pavement other wheel snow, my fault had no problem paying for the fix). So they replaced my front right axle hub(i think it was), and while they were in there they did the struts and tie-rod ends as well.

Fast forward to now, both my front tires are fucking pooched, the insides of both are so worn the studs all ripped out and there is no sipping left. Now my front left wheel bearing is toast and it fucked up some other components from being loose as well.

Am i crazy to think that they did a bad alignment after the previous work resulting in these issues? They are saying the right tire is worn from the issue before(front right axle), and the left tire is worn from this new issue, but its the exact same wear, and after the last issue i went straight to the dealership, didn't put more than 20km on the vehicle so how is the tire worn? same with this issue as soon as it started making a weird noise i drove it right to the dealer, no time for weareing the tires down like that...

It just doesn't add up to me.. Am i crazy? I'm not some clueless ass that has no idea about how vehicles are put together and work, but i'm also not a suspension guru.. It has a level kit, but that's been on with no issue for 110,000+ KM....

Going in to chat with them this afternoon, just want to know if I'm completely out to lunch on what i think is happening. i know going to the dealership was a mistake but i don't have a mechanic i prefer.

Ca_Silvia13
05-03-2018, 01:46 PM
110,000k? - Take it somewhere else. You are correct about the tire wear, inside worn = alignment

revelations
05-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Is the alignment listed on the invoice with all that front end work?

Good luck - this is why I avoid dealerships. They fuck you over with costs and then fuck things up and refuse to unfuck their fuckups.

Mitsu3000gt
05-03-2018, 02:26 PM
A Dodge dealership is the last place on earth I would take a vehicle for work that wasn't warranty. Sorry I know that doesn't help you but I would try to find a good third party shop for future maintenance/issues. Does sound like bad alignment but good luck getting the dealer to admit to anything.

Masked Bandit
05-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Out of warranty means no dealership visits for me. I use LAD's auto and have been very happy. They've even got a ex-dodge dealership service advisor working the counter now.

JfuckinC
05-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Ya they weren’t playing ball at all. Wether the bearing is related to the fuck up job of an alignment or not they wouldn’t admit the alignment was shit and fucked my tires. Tried to tell me it was from the other issues, which I honestly just can’t believe. Said they’d fix it and do my brakes for $3,000 :rolleyes:

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Ya they weren’t playing ball at all. Wether the bearing is related to the fuck up job of an alignment or not they wouldn’t admit the alignment was shit and fucked my tires. Tried to tell me it was from the other issues, which I honestly just can’t believe. Said they’d fix it and do my brakes for $3,000 :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to my friend at Nissan. A private mechanic confirmed the dealership F'd up, and then the dealership offered to fix their mistake for an additional $5000. He's still fighting them them. Dealers are just the absolute worst. Highest possible price for incompetent work.

Lex350
05-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Good ol' Dodge/Chrysler dealerships bending people over. In a world so full of uncertainty and change you can still count on something that never will.

JfuckinC
05-04-2018, 09:25 AM
They gave me the work order for what needs to be done so I'll just do it myself and get it towed to a decent place for an alignment.

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2018, 10:10 AM
They gave me the work order for what needs to be done so I'll just do it myself and get it towed to a decent place for an alignment.

You'll probably find most of that "work order" doesn't actually need to be done.

JfuckinC
05-04-2018, 10:13 AM
You'll probably find most of that "work order" doesn't actually need to be done.

It's actually not bad if i do it... $3200 for them, $750 for me(that includes doing all my brakes which are probably in need anyway). I'll pull it apart and have a look, My wheel bearing is pretty fucked so i could see it messing with some other stuff back there as well. I need to tow it to my dads place now that's the shitty part.. Can i use AMA to tow from the dealership to my house? haha

revelations
05-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Just ready yourself for the inevitable discovery that "the dealership completely fucked the front end". :(

Ill bet the dealership saw the name of their Tech on the W/o and immediately went into automatic deny everything mode. Practically an art.

JfuckinC
05-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Just ready yourself for the inevitable discovery that "the dealership completely fucked the front end". :(

Ill bet the dealership saw the name of their Tech on the W/o and immediately went into automatic deny everything mode. Practically an art.

loll when i was asking to speak to the manager the first time i stopped in the lady behind the service desk was already telling me it was my fault and because i have a level kit and such. i just laughed at how quick they go on the defensive.

Like i said, even if the bearing issue is completely unrelated to the alignment, they still coulda owned up to that!

G-ZUS
05-04-2018, 01:46 PM
It's actually not bad if i do it... $3200 for them, $750 for me(that includes doing all my brakes which are probably in need anyway). I'll pull it apart and have a look, My wheel bearing is pretty fucked so i could see it messing with some other stuff back there as well. I need to tow it to my dads place now that's the shitty part.. Can i use AMA to tow from the dealership to my house? haha

Not sure if that would look fishy, maybe drive it out of the lot onto the street or into an adjacent parking and call?

legendboy
05-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Dealers are just the absolute worst. Highest possible price for incompetent work.

Service rates are around $160/hr now days? Only time I would ever consider taking my vehicle to dealer service would be for some special diagnostic. I usually buy oem parts however.

revelations
05-04-2018, 08:28 PM
OP was this East Side Dodge by chance?

JfuckinC
05-05-2018, 01:42 AM
Ya.

Replaced the wheel bearing tonight and the sway bar linkage on that side, it took a bit of a beating cause of the play in the bearing. the steering knuckle was just fine they wanted to replace, as was the linkage on the other side.. so that’s $400 in parts saved, couple thousand in labour lol.

Booked for an alignment somewhere else Monday. Overall won’t cost me tooooo much now, just pissed about my winter tires at this point haha.

Oh well, what do you do right?

killramos
07-05-2018, 08:19 AM
Thought I would bump instead of starting new.

Are any of the FCL dealerships in town worth walking through the door of? Mostly wondering if I should start a relationship with one for remainder of warranty and any recall work on the Jeep. We previously serviced in Kelowna but car is from Varsity.

Or are they all garbage and I should just hold my nose and go to the nearest one?

I am so excited to own a Chrysler product :rolleyes:

ExtraSlow
07-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Unless you need warranty work, don't set foot in any of them.

GOnSHO
07-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Really just need to have a good relationship with someone who works at the dealership. My buddy is the sales & finance manager and ive NEVER had an issue taking my truck in there other than the stupid manifold bolts snapping off JUST after my warranty expired, they did the work for me and covered the labour, i just had to cover the parts with was like $200.

spike98
07-05-2018, 10:05 AM
I was having issues with the FCA dealership locally as well. They were blaming the common highway vibration on some better shocks I installed.

Needless to say, I'm in a GMC now.

Mitsu3000gt
07-05-2018, 10:43 AM
Thought I would bump instead of starting new.

Are any of the FCL dealerships in town worth walking through the door of? Mostly wondering if I should start a relationship with one for remainder of warranty and any recall work on the Jeep. We previously serviced in Kelowna but car is from Varsity.

Or are they all garbage and I should just hold my nose and go to the nearest one?

I am so excited to own a Chrysler product :rolleyes:

Based on everything I have ever read, and a few personal experiences, I wouldn't be caught dead in a FCL dealership or product.

killramos
07-05-2018, 10:56 AM
I’m planning on doing most routine maintenance myself, it’s not exactly a complicated vehicle and I have been treating it as my project and having fun with it. I mean honestly the whole thing is held together with electrical tape and zip ties :rofl:

But being a FCL product I expect there to be recalls.

JfuckinC
07-05-2018, 11:54 AM
My Exhaust manifolds are toast again i think, probably snapped the bolts AGAIN.. Anyone ever done this work yourself? My driver side is loud as fuck now. If i didn't just buy a car i'd be getting a new truck ASAP.

GOnSHO
07-05-2018, 12:07 PM
My Exhaust manifolds are toast again i think, probably snapped the bolts AGAIN.. Anyone ever done this work yourself? My driver side is loud as fuck now. If i didn't just buy a car i'd be getting a new truck ASAP.

its not super hard, but time intensive to get the snapped bolts out of the block. Im tempted to upgrade my bolts to a heavier duty set before it does it again

spike98
07-05-2018, 12:36 PM
its not super hard, but time intensive to get the snapped bolts out of the block. Im tempted to upgrade my bolts to a heavier duty set before it does it again

Upgrade the manifold. Fixes the problem.

never
07-05-2018, 01:32 PM

Depends where the bolt snapped...if it's protruding from the block, it's pretty easy once the manifold is off. If it's in the block, then it sucks more.

JfuckinC
07-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Upgrade the manifold. Fixes the problem.

and suggestions on a decent upgrade? will it make my truck sound any different if i upgrade to headers or because it's stock exhaust will it sound the same?