PDA

View Full Version : LF: LPN Position

adam c
05-13-2018, 06:21 PM
Posting this on behalf of my wife

She has recently graduated from Columbia College with a focus on LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
She’s willing and able to start ASAP

Not quite sure what else to put here but hoping some beyonders may know of something, if you know of something, want to see her resume or want to speak further please pm me

Thanks!

leftwing
05-13-2018, 09:00 PM
apparently from what I have been told LPN is a shitty job that is grossly underpaid

You didn't tell your wife?

adam c
05-13-2018, 09:06 PM
It's better than what she was doing before and what she wanted to do

also that comment is almost 7 years old

speedog
05-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Kind of odd that someone would bother to quote a seven year old post.

Regardless, maybe have your wife look into some of the many extended/long term care facilities in the city - here's one in Redstone, http://covenantcare.ca/careers/calgary-opportunities.

Kijho
05-14-2018, 07:12 AM
It took my GF months to get an interview as an RN in a hospital. My advise; Seek smaller long term care facilities and don't limit yourself in the city. I'm not sure if it's the same for LPN's as it is RN's but she needs a certain number of hours over a certain number of years to maintain her license - So she took every opportunity she could (even though it meant a 45 minute drive each way). It's very much so a ladder that you need to climb, and she's finally gotten a casual spot in a hospital here.

From what I understand there's hundred of thousands of nurses willing to work and looking for jobs here. Healthcare spending cuts have really affected the field of work, too.