PDA

View Full Version : Kia bait and switch on CBC. Or was it?

Pages : [1] 2

rage2
05-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Heard this on the radio this morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/car-kia-fine-print-sorento-missisauga-1.4626419

What the article doesn't tell you is that the couple was shown the 2019 Kia Sorento brochures as the 2019's are available early this year with the fancy LED lights. MY2019 Sorento is a mid year refresh, which gets the updated LED headlights and taillight clusters along with a whole bunch of other stuff. Instead of picking up a 2019, they decided to cheap out and buy the 2018 Sorento which is being cleared out with huge incentives and 0% financing because the 2019's are already available. Of course, the 2018 doesn't come with said LED tail lamps even with the upgraded packages. Whine and moan, and get $1000 back from Kia after getting on the news.

Kia's response also doesn't make sense, but probably just a canned response from someone once pressed for more info. Sometimes I wish reporters would do a little more fact checking before writing shit like this.

heavyD
05-14-2018, 11:05 AM
Eric Kim and Yondy Lam are speaking out about a loophole they say marred the purchase of their dream car.

It's a Kia Sorento.

They paid an extra $2,500 for upgrades on their new SUV based on what was in a Kia ad brochure.

What exactly were these upgrades based on the brochure? Was this some sort of top of the line package but on a 2018 that didn't come with LED tails? At the end of the day it does fall on the buyer to do their homework when buying a new car. If you are looking at a 2019 brochure but decide to get a discounted 2018 you better take a look at the 2018 brochure to see what you get as these things change annually.

dj_rice
05-14-2018, 11:13 AM
Canada Goose Jackets...buying Kia Sorrento

heavyD
05-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Talk about coincidence. I just saw this come up on the TV in the lunch room. The story discussed the "fine print". If the bill of sale showed a 2018 model and the brochure they were looking at was for a 2019 I fail to see what was hidden in fine print?

rage2
05-14-2018, 11:35 AM
What exactly were these upgrades based on the brochure? Was this some sort of top of the line package but on a 2018 that didn't come with LED tails? At the end of the day it does fall on the buyer to do their homework when buying a new car. If you are looking at a 2019 brochure but decide to get a discounted 2018 you better take a look at the 2018 brochure to see what you get as these things change annually.
Trim upgrade. The base 2019 Sorento comes with standard tail lamps, while EX and higher trims get the LEDs. 2018's and earlier never came with LED tail lamps at all in North America, period.

Serves me right for cruising the Kia forums because of the Stinger and knowing way too much about Kias. :rofl:

rage2
05-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Talk about coincidence. I just saw this come up on the TV in the lunch room. The story discussed the "fine print". If the bill of sale showed a 2018 model and the brochure they were looking at was for a 2019 I fail to see what was hidden in fine print?
Oh I've never seen the video. I picked up on what happened from the written article and radio and put 2 and 2 together.

Stupid journalists.

lilmira
05-14-2018, 11:36 AM
What’s the difference? They likely won’t use either the headlight or taillight.

Sugarphreak
05-14-2018, 11:37 AM

Xtrema
05-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the context. Something about that story rubs me the wrong way. It's stupid buyers. Can't believe that warranted an on air segment.

Kia should have simply said the wrong brochure is shown instead of these fine print BS.

Tik-Tok
05-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Don't most places offer a 7 or 10 day period where if you want to return the vehicle for something else you can? If they really wanted LED lights, they could have taken the car back and just ordered a 2019 MY.

Well yeah, but then they wouldn't get 0% financing or $5g off the sticker price. :rofl:

spikerS
05-14-2018, 11:55 AM
I would place the blame squarely on the dealership and salesman (no surprise...). The salesman knew they were looking at the new 2019 catalogue, and was showing them a 2018, and it is a big part of his job to know the differences, especially with a mid year refresh. There is probably better incentives to the sales floor to get the 2018s off the lot and have an increased commission. I wouldn't necessarily expect a customer to know that difference, if they are not well informed or car enthusiasts, but the salesman should have explained it once the MY18 was being discussed.

heavyD
05-14-2018, 11:55 AM
Trim upgrade. The base 2019 Sorento comes with standard tail lamps, while EX and higher trims get the LEDs. 2018's and earlier never came with LED tail lamps at all in North America, period.

Serves me right for cruising the Kia forums because of the Stinger and knowing way too much about Kias. :rofl:

You looking at a Stinger?

Xtrema
05-14-2018, 11:58 AM
Canada Goose Jackets...buying Kia Sorrento

Well, now they got extra $1K from dealer, hubby can afford one too and be accepted in the Asian community.

Tik-Tok
05-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Well, now they got extra $1K from dealer, hubby can afford one too and be accepted in the Asian community.

But he doesn't own the newest Kia Sorrento, and everyone will be able to tell without the LED lights. He brings shame to his family that no Canada Goose jacket can repair.

rage2
05-14-2018, 12:11 PM
You looking at a Stinger?
I'm not no. A couple of my friends are, and I was helping them out by reading Kia forums in my spare time.

Disoblige
05-14-2018, 12:11 PM
but he doesn't own the newest kia sorrento, and everyone will be able to tell without the led lights. He brings shame to his family that no canada goose jacket can repair.
lmao.

The only way I would side with the customer here is if the salesman told them that the '18 they were buying had the LEDs.
Otherwise yeah, customers should have done their DD.

lilmira
05-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Disrespect the family, that's no good lol. Don't KIA'd on nobody.

heavyD
05-14-2018, 12:31 PM
I would place the blame squarely on the dealership and salesman (no surprise...). The salesman knew they were looking at the new 2019 catalogue, and was showing them a 2018, and it is a big part of his job to know the differences, especially with a mid year refresh. There is probably better incentives to the sales floor to get the 2018s off the lot and have an increased commission. I wouldn't necessarily expect a customer to know that difference, if they are not well informed or car enthusiasts, but the salesman should have explained it once the MY18 was being discussed.

If they asked the saleseman if the car they were getting had the LED's and he said yes then I would blame the salesman but if they were looking in the brochure of the 2019 in his office and he says; "I have some 2018's left over that are heavily discounted if you are interested in that" then it's up to the buyer to ask what differences there may be. If the salesman told them the 2018 was identical to 2019 then again the blame falls on the salesman but if you are purchasing a 2018 model and there's 2019's on the lot its kind of your responsibility to look into what differences there may. The fact that they haven't brought up any light on the salesmen outright lying to them tells me they simply didn't do their homework and jumped on what they perceived as a great deal without comparing the 2018 to 2019.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-14-2018, 12:40 PM
Too little info to say who was at fault. It's entirely possible the salesdroid screwed up and told them the upgraded 2018 came with LED tails when it didn't, equally possible he was describing the 2019 and the buyers didn't understand.

Brent.ff
05-14-2018, 12:40 PM
How do you get the thing home before noticing the taillights...? No walk around before accepting it? Sure sounds like they just wanted to go to the news with it off the bat

benyl
05-14-2018, 12:52 PM
This happened to us year ago. Sales guy showed us a car on the sales floor. My brother wanted black. He said he had on in the back lot. Sale floor car has keyless entry. We made a deal based on the car in the showroom.

Sales guy said the car had keyless entry. on delivery day, there was no fob in the key set. Refused delivery and walked out even though car was registered. That was the closest my brother ever got to a new car. He's been driving clunkers since.

NissanFanBoy
05-14-2018, 01:31 PM
But he doesn't own the newest Kia Sorrento, and everyone will be able to tell without the LED lights. He brings shame to his family that no Canada Goose jacket can repair.

I'm Asian and I laughed when I saw the Canada Goose coats... then I saw they bought a Kia and got confused.

rx7boi
05-14-2018, 01:46 PM
Value's all relative.

I remember several people in my community living in low 200's condos driving 435i's when they first came out.

Plus, asians love keeping warm :rofl:

C4S
05-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Well .. Chinese .. (or Korean .. whatever Asian) ..

Of course play dumb and want the whole farm free ...

Again, as a Chinese, I still don't understand the North American Chinese (or North American Asian) culture ... my parents always teach me not to cheap out, not to negotiate, and be nice and generous to retail business and sale people .. hard working money ... but somehow.. somehow .. North American Asian is quite the opposite to "Asia-Asian" ... thus sometimes I hardly communicate with Asian here ... :rofl:

:confused::confused:

(By the way, what is the big deal on Canada goose? are they popular? I saw many people from china and brown people wear them here, but again, I am more "asia Asian" .. so, don't know much .. they just look very heavy to me .. )

Strider
05-14-2018, 02:34 PM
I don't understand the comments on the Canada Goose given the number of CG coats and LV bags that can be spotted on the C-train on a daily basis.

Xtrema
05-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Well .. Chinese .. (or Korean .. whatever Asian) ..

Of course play dumb and want the whole farm free ...

Again, as a Chinese, I still don't understand the North American Chinese (or North American Asian) culture ... my parents always teach me not to cheap out, not to negotiate, and be nice and generous to retail business and sale people .. hard working money ... but somehow.. somehow .. North American Asian is quite the opposite to "Asia-Asian" ... thus sometimes I hardly communicate with Asian here ... :rofl:

:confused::confused:

I think it's not geographical Asian but more about how easy the money flow in.

People that make good money would care less able value/bang for the bucks. People who slave it out to feed a family of four tends to be more stingy.

That's why the mainland immigrants/students spends like they have bottomless pit of money while NA Asians tends to be cheap. I'm sure there is a group in the middle but they are being outnumbered by either end of spectrum right now.

killramos
05-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Some people buy overpriced cars, some buy overpriced coats.

I also do not understand why these things are mutually exclusive.

People have different priorities?

Tik-Tok
05-14-2018, 02:47 PM
I don't understand the comments on the Canada Goose given the number of CG coats and LV bags that can be spotted on the C-train on a daily basis.

Some people buy overpriced cars, some buy overpriced coats.

I also do not understand why these things are mutually exclusive.

People have different priorities?

I forgot we aren't allowed to make jokes based on racial stereotypes anymore. Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled serious internet business.

Mitsu3000gt
05-14-2018, 03:06 PM
Too little info to say who was at fault. It's entirely possible the salesdroid screwed up and told them the upgraded 2018 came with LED tails when it didn't, equally possible he was describing the 2019 and the buyers didn't understand.

Based on my experience in Kia dealerships, they have zero product knowledge beyond a quick flip through the brochure - no way in hell would they know if one model came with LED or not haha - way too small of a detail. Probably just said "yeah, sure" to get the sale when asked if the 2018 had LED lights. They are probably both at fault, the customer probably did zero due diligence, and the dealer probably just told them whatever they wanted to hear. A 10 second google search is far to much effort for most customers to bother with despite dealerships being some of the places you should be doing the most due diligence at. There is just more onus on the dealer to have some integrity.

Last time I was in there they kept telling me about the "Anonymous" cruise control and how awesome it was, and how the V6 Sorento had a turbo and a dual clutch transmission. We started to ask questions we knew the answer to just to see how much BS they were willing to feed us. The manager seemed to treat both his employees and the customers like children the whole time, it was a very awkward experience. Sales people had to go ask permission to initiate test drives, and we were given some little form to fill out written like it was to a 5-year-old about what vehicle we wanted. That form was then taken to the manager, who discussed it with the salesperson, and 20-30 minutes later we were finally on a test drive...They finished with the classic push to get you to make a deal 'today' despite having told them numerous times they were one stop on a long list of dealers.

Xtrema
05-14-2018, 03:13 PM
I forgot we aren't allowed to make jokes based on racial stereotypes anymore. Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled serious internet business.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starterpacks/comments/7qdlbt/rich_chinese_kids_in_north_america_starter_pack/

Disoblige
05-14-2018, 03:16 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/starterpacks/comments/7qdlbt/rich_chinese_kids_in_north_america_starter_pack/
Don't forget the G-Wagon.
99.9% of G-Wagon owners I've seen are from mainland China :rofl:

C4S
05-14-2018, 03:55 PM

No way! Do you mean GLS? Seeing G wagons all the time, parents drop off kids, pick up kids, playgrounds, McDonald, Timmy .. everywhere, mostly brown people, and still bunch of white people ...

Odd parts is, all the Hot Chicks/Hot moms are driving Range Rover, X6, Macan, but G wagon seems like sausages' magnet ... hardly see women drive them ... *_*

schocker
05-14-2018, 04:25 PM
I love what makes news lately. Ripped off because it had the wrong tail-lights as things change on paper (I am guessing it was always up to date on the website and seeing it with EYES) and they gave then $1000 already to cover the difference.

ExtraSlow
05-14-2018, 06:17 PM
I'd take 1000 to have the wrong taillights every time. What a deal.

rage2
05-14-2018, 07:59 PM

No way! Do you mean GLS? Seeing G wagons all the time, parents drop off kids, pick up kids, playgrounds, McDonald, Timmy .. everywhere, mostly brown people, and still bunch of white people ...

Odd parts is, all the Hot Chicks/Hot moms are driving Range Rover, X6, Macan, but G wagon seems like sausages' magnet ... hardly see women drive them ... *_*
Ya I also see mainlanders driving G. Other day there was a G63 drifting between lanes going 30 in a 70 zone on shaganappi. Mainlander chick completely lost trying to figure out where to go. What a waste.

C4S
05-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Wait ..

It doesn't sound right ..

Just finished a Korean TV drama .. the guy, walked in to a Mercedes dealership .. and bought tons of AMG model, one of each .. without even negotiation ... didn't even bother to pick the colour .. just one of each .....

Not one, but MOST .. MOST of the Korean drama .. the actors/actress shop like that ... go to department store, get the same size shoe ... in diff colour .. dress .. suit .. etc .. and have to be latest and greatest .. :eek:

So .. TV is fake? LOL :rofl:

killramos
05-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Ya I also see mainlanders driving G. Other day there was a G63 drifting between lanes going 30 in a 70 zone on shaganappi. Mainlander chick completely lost trying to figure out where to go. What a waste.

I personally feel like G is way more of a white/brown phenomenon too.

Also major dick magnet, fuck I want one.

heavyD
05-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I'm not up to speed on the ethnic stuff. Is a mainlander a wealthy Chinese recent immigrant?

Disoblige
05-15-2018, 09:33 AM
I'm not up to speed on the ethnic stuff. Is a mainlander a wealthy Chinese recent immigrant?
Doesn't have to be recent, and doesn't mean they're wealthy just from the term mainlander. Just means they're from mainland China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainland_China#/media/File:MainlandChina.png

klumsy_tumbler
05-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Which? G or dick?

Sorry... couldn't resist. I'll show myself out now :burnout:

Buster
05-15-2018, 10:18 AM

I had to google supreme.

C4S
05-15-2018, 12:28 PM
I had to google supreme.

Same here .. first time noticed Supreme from the $450K Mclaren 720S + Audi R8 crash from Toronto couple day ago .. (Supreme Sticker in the car)

I guess Calgary is WAY ... behind ... lol :rofl::rofl:

( I only got Traxxas, Losi, HPI, Tekin, Associated stickers ... :D )

Disoblige
05-15-2018, 12:34 PM
I can't imagine how crazy the chinese kids were over the whole Supreme x LV collaboration, lol.

C4S
05-15-2018, 12:37 PM
By the way, I googled "Supreme" too ..

It is SKATEBOARD brand !!

When was last time anyone saw a chinese with Skateboard ?? :confused::confused: I don't understand why rich chinese like Skateboard stickers?? I asked my son to learn skateboard .. he just said rather get a electric shooter .. :confused::confused:

rage2
05-15-2018, 12:50 PM
When was last time anyone saw a chinese with Skateboard ?? :confused::confused: I don't understand why rich chinese like Skateboard stickers?? I asked my son to learn skateboard .. he just said rather get a electric shooter .. :confused::confused:
Sounds like he's the perfect demographic for the brand. :rofl:

heavyD
05-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Doesn't have to be recent, and doesn't mean they're wealthy just from the term mainlander. Just means they're from mainland China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainland_China#/media/File:MainlandChina.png

Well if it's not to do with wealthy how do you determine a mainlander from any other Chinese person?

ercchry
05-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Well if it's not to do with wealthy how do you determine a mainlander from any other Chinese person?

From my white guy on beyond understanding of it... seems to be used similar to “new money/wealth” ...flashy, not as reserved, etc... since the only other option is HK... which has been a financial hub forever

rage2
05-15-2018, 01:50 PM

schocker
05-15-2018, 02:04 PM

How many snacks they take from the kitchen and the condition of their desk/monitors (Pop sneezed all over, wtf) from what I have found :rofl:

Xtrema
05-15-2018, 02:16 PM
By the way, I googled "Supreme" too ..

It is SKATEBOARD brand !!

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/mar/29/how-streetwear-styled-the-world-from-hip-hop-to-supreme-and-palace

It's a life style. Probably just like Jordans and Yeezy, just a life style brand that took off. So many Chinese vehicles can be easily ID'd with Supreme neck pillows and stickers.

I only knew of Supreme when they released a $30 brick that end up fetching at high as $1000 on ebay.
https://hypebae.com/2016/10/supreme-brick-house-cost

From my white guy on beyond understanding of it... seems to be used similar to “new money/wealth” ...flashy, not as reserved, etc... since the only other option is HK... which has been a financial hub forever

Hongers were flashy in the 90s, may be early 2000s. But they are much more reserved now.

Mainland Chinese are privileged and think they got enough money to do whatever the hell they want. Once I was having dim sum at Central Grand and a customer just dump the car in the middle of upper parking lot and threw the restaurant front desk the key. Blocking everyone.

Buster
05-15-2018, 02:22 PM
So supreme is one of those brands that everyone thinks is cool except for actual cool people?

Sugarphreak
05-15-2018, 02:35 PM

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-15-2018, 03:18 PM
I don't even see rich Hong Kong types in Vancouver anymore.... I think the majority of them came over before the turnover and their kids have blown through all the money at this point

Come hang out downtown with me. I see them all the time outside Holt when I walk past on Howe.

Sugarphreak
05-15-2018, 03:33 PM

rage2
05-15-2018, 03:55 PM
So.... I was just wondering, you guys do realize that not all mainlanders are not disgusting pigs right?
Not all, just many. No offense to your wife.

benyl
05-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Not all, just many. No offense to your wife.

Mainlanders must have invaded HK when I was there 10 years ago. It was pretty filthy. Plenty of Asian Squatters too. haha

Sugarphreak
05-15-2018, 04:21 PM

ercchry
05-15-2018, 04:42 PM
Hongers were flashy in the 90s, may be early 2000s. But they are much more reserved now.

Mainland Chinese are privileged and think they got enough money to do whatever the hell they want. Once I was having dim sum at Central Grand and a customer just dump the car in the middle of upper parking lot and threw the restaurant front desk the key. Blocking everyone.

Yeah, Asian version of “new money” ...like on modern family when they got those new neighbours that owned a dispensary and parked their boat out front :rofl:

Or you know... the typical rig pig during the boom

Maxt
05-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Eric Kim and Yondy Lam are speaking out about a loophole they say marred the purchase of their dream car.
Marred when they were Mar'ing...

Xtrema
05-15-2018, 08:10 PM
haha no offence taken, er... on behalf of my wife, or something, lol

We ran into a surprising amount of discrimination when my wife transferred into Van. I think one of the people handling the transfer was a Cantonese guy and he assumed my wife was a rich mainlander piece of trash. I'd always thought it was more of a joke, but there are a lot of people out there that have taken these stereotypes to heart.

Just haters. It just like 1st Gen immigrant hate Hongers when they start showing up in 80s and 90s.

Now both Vancouver and SoCal are dealing with the influx.

https://youtu.be/aoeUxzUR4ec

Unfortunately the stereotype is there for a reason. Just like the rig pig and ugly American stereotype.

Sugarphreak
05-15-2018, 09:32 PM

Disoblige
05-16-2018, 06:57 AM
Lol, I was wondering when the stereotypes were going to come out about the differences.

But to answer this question, it probably sounds bad but most of the time you can really tell (as most have posted already).

bjstare
05-16-2018, 09:29 AM

I saw a G550 4x4^2 last night on Stephen Ave. Just about lost my mind, no idea we had one in Calgary. Also there's a handful of G wagons at our golf course, have yet to see a non-white person behind the wheel.

killramos
05-16-2018, 09:34 AM
I saw a G550 4x4^2 last night on Stephen Ave. Just about lost my mind, no idea we had one in Calgary. Also there's a handful of G wagons at our golf course, have yet to see a non-white person behind the wheel.

I think there is like a half dozen of them actually, country hills had one in the showroom recently.

G Wagen is definitely one of my dream cars. Hopefully one day, ironically I don’t even want the AMG. “Just” the V8 and put AT tires on it to boot. I would actually buy the diesel if it was sold here. Race trucks not my thing.

rage2
05-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Yea, there's a handful of G550 4x4's in Calgary. They were selling for $350k.

dirtsniffer
05-16-2018, 09:51 AM
I have to wonder if the owners even know what portal axles are.

bjstare
05-16-2018, 09:52 AM
Haha I had no idea there were a few here. That's awesome. Would love to see someone take one to mclean creek or something, it would run circles around all the purpose built jeeps and 4runners.

Sugarphreak
05-16-2018, 10:03 AM

rage2
05-16-2018, 10:15 AM
That is the sad irony of these vehicles, they are wasted on the ignorant rich
No doubt. They'll never see anything other than pavement to starbucks. Might jump a curb or something but not on purpose. Working that suspension setup hard!

killramos
05-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Same difference as all the AMG owners who don’t know anything about dynamic engine mounts or limited slip differentials.

Such is life.

Disoblige
05-16-2018, 10:37 AM
No doubt. They'll never see anything other than pavement to starbucks. Might jump a curb or something but not on purpose. Working that suspension setup hard!
But at least they will look like they've been used; all that wheel curb rash! Although, assume they use the self-parking feature, maybe not :(

I've seem lots of cars/SUVs scrap their rims against the platform when filling up for gas though, so there's that.

Sugarphreak
05-16-2018, 10:38 AM

killramos
05-16-2018, 10:51 AM
At least they've made some of the AMG models at a price point where they are more accessible to actual enthusiasts. They really need an affordable stripped down version of the G-Wagon for enthusiasts IMO.

I certainly wouldn’t complain.

Mitsu3000gt
05-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Isn't the G550/63 4X4 the non-baller variant? What about the G65 6X6? I am not sure I have ever seen one in Calgary, if it was ever even sold there.

killramos
05-16-2018, 01:28 PM
It’s a G63 and yea it’s the same car with only 4x4 for half the cost.

I think I heard there is one in the city but cannot confirm. I think 90% of those went to Dubai.

Xtrema
05-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Isn't the G550/63 4X4 the non-baller variant? What about the G65 6X6? I am not sure I have ever seen one in Calgary, if it was ever even sold there.

4x4 is the hard core off road variant. Pricing from low to hgih, it's G550, G63, G65, G550 4x4.

killramos
05-16-2018, 01:30 PM
4x4 is the hard core off road variant. Pricing from low to hgih, it's G550, G63, G65, G550 4x4.

G63 6X6 is above all of those.

Disoblige
05-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Is there even a 6x6 in Canada? It would be the worst car to drive in the city. You could give me that for free and I'd never drive it on pavement. Yuck.

Sugarphreak
05-16-2018, 02:25 PM

ercchry
05-16-2018, 02:34 PM
The 6x6 varients have been re-selling for well over a million dollars.. they are totally out of the range of anybody that actually wants to use them, which the exception of some sheikhs

I dunno... Dan seems to make great use of his :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
05-16-2018, 02:38 PM

The G65 has the TT V12, I am pretty sure it costs more than the G63 variant of the 6X6.

The 6X6's cost way more than the 4X4's unless I am totally missing something.

taemo
05-16-2018, 02:39 PM

Which? G or dick?

Sorry... couldn't resist. I'll show myself out now :burnout:

confused too, not judging I'm http://s3.amazonaws.com/pix.iemoji.com/images/emoji/apple/ios-11/256/rainbow.png friendly

Tik-Tok
05-16-2018, 02:43 PM

You can do that with a normal pick-up. I want to see those chicks holding on for dear life as he's jumping off 50' sand dunes.

killramos
05-16-2018, 02:55 PM
The G65 has the TT V12, I am pretty sure it costs more than the G63 variant of the 6X6.

The 6X6's cost way more than the 4X4's unless I am totally missing something.

They don’t make a G65 6X6. “Just” the TT V8. G65 has also been discontinued overall, not sure if the new gen will even get one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_G63_AMG_6x6

Ps: best Kia thread ever

Disoblige
05-16-2018, 03:03 PM
They don’t make a G65 6X6. “Just” the TT V8. G65 has also been discontinued overall, not sure if the new gen will even get one.

I think the G63 4X4 is more expensive than the G65 anyways.
But to Mitsu's defense, he never said there was a G65 6X6, and there is a 2018 G65 in the US. There are articles online stating the V12 will be phased out soon, but doesn't look like there is a firm year when.

Edit: Nvm, yes he did :rofl:

Xtrema
05-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Limited production, can't even buy one if you have the cash.

killramos
05-16-2018, 03:14 PM
I think the G63 4X4 is more expensive than the G65 anyways.
But to Mitsu's defense, he never said there was a G65 6X6, and there is a 2018 G65 in the US. There are articles online stating the V12 will be phased out soon, but doesn't look like there is a firm year when.

Yes he did lol

Anyways I think those G65’s in the US are last year’s models. I don’t think there is a 65 of the new one which was just released, no point engineering a new one if the engine is donezo .

rage2
05-16-2018, 03:25 PM
That's the even more rare Brabus version.

I believed these were federalized for the US market, but they were actually never sold there new. MB ended production pretty early on to keep the numbers low to increase exclusivity.

Not sure about Canada, but probably none sold new here either.

Mitsu3000gt
05-16-2018, 03:36 PM

They made one, I don't think this is some sort of one-off custom:

http://www.gpluxurycarhire.com/mercedes-rental/166-rent-mercedes-g65-amg-6x6

As for 2018/2019 I have no idea if they are still offering the V12, I don't imagine it's popular enough to justify.

killramos
05-16-2018, 03:40 PM
They made one, I don't think this is some sort of one-off custom:

http://www.gpluxurycarhire.com/mercedes-rental/166-rent-mercedes-g65-amg-6x6

As for 2018/2019 I have no idea if they are still offering the V12, I don't imagine it's popular enough to justify.

Those guys are legit wrong I’m pretty sure those pictures even say V8 on the fender. Seriously.

I am 99.99999% sure they never made a V12 6x6. Would love to see a source for that from Mercedes.

Mitsu3000gt
05-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Those guys are legit wrong I’m pretty sure those pictures even say V8 on the fender. Seriously.

I am 99.99999% sure they never made a V12 6x6. Would love to see a source for that from Mercedes.

Hmm you might be right, the picture is to crappy but that kind of does look like a V8 badge doesn't it. I know they make/made a G65 4X4, I could have sworn I also saw a G65 6X6 somewhere.

ercchry
05-16-2018, 03:48 PM
You can do that with a normal pick-up.

sure... but make sure you install some helper bags in the back... cause the girls will be a little bit larger than the ones you'd pickup with the 6x6!

killramos
05-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Hmm you might be right, the picture is to crappy but that kind of does look like a V8 badge doesn't it. I know they make/made a G65 4X4, I could have sworn I also saw a G65 6X6 somewhere.

Actually the 4X4 that everyone is talking about isn’t even technically an AMG. Not G63, It’s a G500/550 ( the two numbers confuses me as I’m pretty sure they are the same car?). Still all AMG underneath though which is funny.

No G65 4x4^2 either.

G65 is its only standalone thing.

Basically the nomenclature of this car is the most messed up thing ever.

bjstare
05-16-2018, 04:29 PM
Actually the 4X4 that everyone is talking about isn’t even technically an AMG. Not G63, It’s a G500/550 ( the two numbers confuses me as I’m pretty sure they are the same car?). Still all AMG underneath though which is funny.

No G65 4x4^2 either.

G65 is its only standalone thing.

Basically the nomenclature of this car is the most messed up thing ever.

It's not that hard to follow. You posted the correct hierarchy on the last page.

Just seems that mitsu is getting confused every way possible with it haha.

Another way to look at it would be the G550 4x4^2 is a standalone product. The 6x6 is it's own standalone product.

Then there's the G550, G63, G65 in ascending order. All of these are 4x4's, not to be confused with a 4x4^2.

ExtraSlow
05-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Thread starts with a KIA and gets to MB AMG Brabus 6x6. Yup......

Mitsu3000gt
05-16-2018, 04:37 PM
It's not that hard to follow. You posted the correct hierarchy on the last page.

Just seems that mitsu is getting confused every way possible with it haha.

Another way to look at it would be the G550 4x4^2 is a standalone product. The 6x6 is it's own standalone product.

Then there's the G550, G63, G65 in ascending order. All of these are 4x4's, not to be confused with a 4x4^2.

I am not confused, I just thought the big 6X6 version was available with a TT V12 and it's looking like that is incorrect. I thought I had seen it on an episode of Head2Head but I double checked and that was the 'regular' G65 and not a 6X6.

rage2
05-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Which G gets LED taillights?

Xtrema
05-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Which G gets LED taillights?

Don't ever get that order wrong, it's won't be just a simple news story and a refund.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5686573/Businessman-smashes-100-000-Cayenne-dealership-row-Porsche-order.html

Skrilla
05-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Well..went from learning about LED options on KIA's, to now knowing the entire GWagon lineup :rofl:

killramos
05-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Priorities are in check

I better put this useless fountain of knowledge to work one day and actually buy one :rofl: