PDA

View Full Version : america, canada?

continuation
03-26-2004, 07:37 AM
ok so if i am an american and i live in america, and you are canadians then you should live in canadia, right? but its not that way so from now on can i call your wonderful country canadia? it makes more sence to me.

Gonthro
03-26-2004, 07:55 AM
well, you're an idiot, so im suprised anyhting makse SENSE to you

Ben
03-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by continuation
ok so if i am an american and i live in america, and you are canadians then you should live in canadia, right? but its not that way so from now on can i call your wonderful country canadia? it makes more sence to me.

United States of America

Canada

America = American

Canada = Canadian

America is an actual Title (United States of America). Someone says their from America, thats just the same as saying their from Canada...It's not like Canada is known as the United Provinces of Canadia, or something dumb like that. Wait, WTF am I even explaining this for, you're an idiot

QuasarCav
03-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Is this guy serious??

If I lived in england and was called english does that mean canadians should be canadish.

Cause that is about all I can get out of your senseless post:guns: :banghead:

NickGT
03-26-2004, 09:28 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Human intelligence has just found a new low. :banghead:

rc2002
03-26-2004, 09:50 AM
you're an idiot :werd:

Your rambling makes this joke sound good: If you're standing outside the bathroom and you're American, then what are you when you're inside? Your-A-Peein...

thich
03-26-2004, 09:50 AM
oh my goodness this is stupid... :thumbsdow

new low is right... holy cow that was dumb

benyl
03-26-2004, 10:31 AM

Looks like some high quality Americano intelligence. Only in America.

continuation
03-26-2004, 12:50 PM
wow i thought that some of you would get it, it was a joke, ha ha get it? i guess not, look it was funny.

Gonthro
03-26-2004, 12:52 PM
i love how stupid americans try to cover thier tracks

Hakkola
03-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Did he post something somewhere else to piss everyone off? I don't see what the big deal is.

BebeAphrodite
You do know that America also refers to Canada/United States/Mexico? Which means we're American too. Actually, it even refers to South America as well since you didn't specify which "America".

continuation
yeah none of you thought that was funny? i guess no one got it. so i guess you call everyone that lives in the united states of america United States of Americaans? right? or do you call us america and our country america?

Hakkola
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
He has a point, what else would you call them? When I was younger I was annoyed about them calling themselves Americans but not anymore.

The joke was pretty much harmless, even if it wasn't that funny, who cares.

Gonthro
03-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
You do know that America also refers to Canada/United States/Mexico? Which means we're American too. Actually, it even refers to South America as well since you didn't specify which "America".

have you ever refered to your self as an american?

the term american relates to the name of thier country, not the continent

continuation
03-26-2004, 01:06 PM
i call my self an american i live in minnesota i think of me and my neighbors as americans even that weird guy down the steet with 50 cats. it was a joke.

Super_Geo
03-26-2004, 01:22 PM
i call my self an american i live in minnesota i think of me and my neighbors as americans even that weird guy down the steet with 50 cats. it was a joke.

Thanks for the laughs, Seinfield.

Melinda
03-26-2004, 01:57 PM
wow i thought that some of you would get it, it was a joke, ha ha get it? i guess not, look it was funny.
No, it wasn't. :whocares:

Ben
03-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

have you ever refered to your self as an american?

the term american relates to the name of thier country, not the continent

Yeah, when refering to America as a whole, its generally referred to as "The Americas", but as a Country, "Americans" is the coined title. USAians and Statians and junk just doesn't work.

QuasarCav
03-26-2004, 02:11 PM

I'm sure if you post this on a US forum cletus will laugh so hard he'll stop screwing his sister!!!

(oh that was a joke)

NickGT
03-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I'm sure if you post this on a US forum cletus will laugh so hard he'll stop screwing his sister!!!

(oh that was a joke)

:rofl: :rofl:

benyl
03-26-2004, 02:16 PM
It was a pretty dumb joke... and offensive really.

You should try that joke on a South American board... they'll love it if you call their countries Peruvia, Brazillia, Argentinia, etc...

ZorroAMG
03-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Continuation,

I actually thought you were from Jabronia.

Fucktard :)

1badPT
03-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Continuation,

I actually thought you were from Jabronia.

Fucktard :)

I hear they make some great pasta there :nut:

benyl
03-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Isn't it Jabrona?

warden
03-26-2004, 03:01 PM
benyl, you look like a ninja in your avatar.

Wildcat
03-26-2004, 03:27 PM

there is not the slightest hint of humor in this, stop trying to cover your tracks you dumb shit.

:whocares:

ZorroAMG
03-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Isn't it Jabrona?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No it's actually The Peoples Republic of Jabronia

Hakkola
03-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see how this is offensive?

I've actually heard Canadian people say Canadia before jokingly.

1badPT
03-26-2004, 05:00 PM
When you make fun of someone's nation, it had better be a fantastic joke. His joke is anything but :thumbsdow . So now he gets to face the wrath of everyone he made a target of with his joke. :dunno:

Hakkola
03-26-2004, 05:18 PM
He's not making a joke about our nation, it's more like an anecdote playing with words, it doesn't say anything about the people, there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't think he came on here trying to piss everyone off. Although upon reading it again I can see how some people might not like it.

1badPT
03-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah I doubt he was intending to piss people off, but I hope if anything he's learned that a person's nation can be sensitive topic.

TheBiz
03-27-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by 1badPT
Yeah I doubt he was intending to piss people off, but I hope if anything he's learned that a person's nation can be sensitive topic.

Yet anyone on this board or in canada for that matter that has ever entered into a political discussion involving the usa in any way; each post is marked with a personal attack on the us peoples, and or gouvernment?
Sorry dude no dice.

But a good political joke to lighten the air in here.

As the last days loomed above P.M John Chretiens' head, he decided to take one last stroll down parlementary hill early one morning, on the way he spotted the most beautiful sunset he had ever seen before in his life... he questioned the sun; sun, sun in the sky; who is the best prime minister of them all?
The sun answered, but it is you sir!
Exhuberantly P.M Chretian continued his walk. Later that day as P.M Chretian was making his way back up to parlement, he saw the sun setting, and decided he need the ego boost, he once again questioned the sun; sun, sun in the sky, who is the best P.M of them all? The sun replyed, it certainly is not you.

Confused and ditraught P.M Chretien asked, well then why is it that in the morning I was the best, yet now I am the worst? The sun replyed: In the moring I was looking at you from the east, as now I am looking at you from the west!

I hope some off you more intelligent members get it!