PDA

View Full Version : How long until I can pay a ticket?

ExtraSlow
05-29-2018, 04:38 PM
Got a "fail to obey a traffic control device" ticket on may 17th near red deer from RCMP. Yellow ticket, A####R number sequence. Voluntary payment option is checked.
I don't plan to contest this ticket, I just want to pay it. Problem is my ticket is not found on the tickets.alberta.ca system. What gives?

I know I can pay at a registry, just wondering if anyone has insight on why this might not be in the online system, or what that means, if anything.

colsankey
05-29-2018, 05:01 PM
I got a parking ticket ticket once that never got filed in the system(had a pass but was 2min late in throwing it on the dash). Checked once a month until registration and it never showed up, think they saw me putting on the pass and tossed it, or lost it... but never did get entered. Most other tickets have been online within 2 business days.

G-ZUS
05-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Got a "fail to obey a traffic control device" ticket on may 17th near red deer from RCMP. Yellow ticket, A####R number sequence. Voluntary payment option is checked.
I don't plan to contest this ticket, I just want to pay it. Problem is my ticket is not found on the tickets.alberta.ca system. What gives?

I know I can pay at a registry, just wondering if anyone has insight on why this might not be in the online system, or what that means, if anything.

usually takes about 2 weeks, sometimes longer in the rural system

phil98z24
05-29-2018, 05:15 PM

It takes a bit to be entered as the charge actually has to be sworn in and recorded with the court, and as the Mounties probably need royal assent before any ticket is entered, it takes forever and a day. ��

ExtraSlow
05-29-2018, 05:22 PM
Thought it would be within a few business days. Guess that's too optimistic.

Suppose there's no chance it just fails to be filed or something?

MR2-3SGTE
05-29-2018, 05:35 PM
It's possible, If the officer forgets or decides not to file it. I got a ticket over a month ago and it's still not in the system. Court date isn't for a another 3 weeks so I'll just have to wait a bit more and see

cet
05-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Speaking of tickets. I got one just over a week ago from the Sheriffs. The court is in Turner Valley. Is it the same process as in Calgary if I'd like to speak to the JP about getting the fine and/or the demerits reduced?

MPowered
05-30-2018, 09:35 AM
It's possible, If the officer forgets or decides not to file it. I got a ticket over a month ago and it's still not in the system. Court date isn't for a another 3 weeks so I'll just have to wait a bit more and see

It does take a while to get in the system but will typically show up about a week before the court date.

G-ZUS
05-30-2018, 01:39 PM
Speaking of tickets. I got one just over a week ago from the Sheriffs. The court is in Turner Valley. Is it the same process as in Calgary if I'd like to speak to the JP about getting the fine and/or the demerits reduced?

You would have to show up on the court date shown on the ticket, otherwise same process pretty much

ExtraSlow
06-19-2018, 06:57 PM
It does take a while to get in the system but will typically show up about a week before the court date.

Finally showed up, so I paid it.

swak
06-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Finally showed up, so I paid it.

Well thats a crappy ending to this story.

ExtraSlow
06-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Yeah, it's a boring story now. And I'm too much of a boring guy to contest tickets.