PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2018 Russia

Pages : [1] 2 3

tonytiger55
06-02-2018, 11:47 AM
World Cup starting this month..
Anyone watching?
Who's your favourites to win..? Italy not in it this year.... bahahahahaha. :rofl:

Just watching the England vs Nigeria Friendly on a stream.. Very different England team...

Kobe
06-02-2018, 12:15 PM
I'm out in Poland right now so obv gunna be rooting for Polska

I looked at flights to Kazan, Russia to Watch Poland vs Colombia but the hotels are so expensive, the fights were like $400-500 round trip but was paying like 300+ a night for hotels :(

Def not worth going just for one game.

Got to be in Poland for Euro 2012 though was fun AF traveled around and saw some games.

#Polska

tonytiger55
06-02-2018, 02:32 PM
A few friends of mine go to every world cup. They make good Mooola.
They got tickets to a few of the games in Russia this year. Im temped to fly to London and watch the games at home with my parents.

Will be interesting for sure this year. You think Poland will make it past the group stages..?

eblend
06-02-2018, 11:24 PM
I don't much cheer for anyone or care about soccer in general, but do watch it during world cups, and going to first world cup ever this year. Actually leaving Calgary on 9th, a few days in Irkutsk and Lake Baikal, then trans siberian over to Moscow for a week where we will watch Germany VS Mexico and then st Petersburg for Brazil VS Costa Rica (or maybe it's the other way around, don't remember which match is where). It's very expensive to go, but will be worth it. I planned on visiting Russia for a long time, no better time to go than now, aside from the cost. Good thing is that the world cup tickets get you a fanid, which is essentially a visa for entry into Russia, and transportation between host cities is free, so the train from moscow and st. Petersburg is all free, which is very nice and pays for fifa tickets in itself. We rented airbnb in Moscow and st. Petersburg and its roughly $450 a night, pricey but it's for a group of 5 so isn't toooo bad. I always root for the underdog, so go whoever!

DonJuan
06-03-2018, 07:17 AM
Every world cup I cheer for Argentina but sigh this year is not gonna be it. Germany and France are strong. As is Spain again. I still don't trust the Brazilians after the last cup.

BTW Portugal can go F themselves. I hope they are the first team out.

ryanwalker
06-03-2018, 09:44 PM
I'm with the underdogs too. Last Euro, I cheered for Wales and they almost made it. Italy lol

Skyline_Addict
06-04-2018, 12:45 AM
France and Belgium look pretty crazy on paper. Germany team is looking pretty different these days, but will still be a favorite. Other than that, looking forward to seeing some surprises and up and comers. Messi needs this if he wants to be GOAT, so hopefully Argentina does well.

DonJuan
06-04-2018, 06:48 AM
France and Belgium look pretty crazy on paper. Germany team is looking pretty different these days, but will still be a favorite. Other than that, looking forward to seeing some surprises and up and comers. Messi needs this if he wants to be GOAT, so hopefully Argentina does well.

I dunno about Messi being GOAT, another Argentinian holds that, but he needs this to beat out the plastic Portuguese pretty boy. I just don't think Argentina has the talent otherwise to surround Messi with. He can't do everything, he's not Maradona.

tonytiger55
06-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Anyone watching the Portugal - Spain game..?

Half time.. What a game.

arktrance
06-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Diego Costa's goal was unreal. So glad they kept the play going and didn't review or overturn the goal. I knew that piece of shit Pepe was flopping, stupid cunt. I hate him so much.

tonytiger55
06-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Diego Costa's goal was unreal. So glad they kept the play going and didn't review or overturn the goal. I knew that piece of shit Pepe was flopping, stupid cunt. I hate him so much.

That goal was great. His balance and being able to hold off the two players on him. Just brilliant.
I actually want Spain to loose. If they get further than England I have to make a friend Lamb curry for the 3rd time.

Brent.ff
06-15-2018, 01:12 PM
stream fails today..arrrggghhh

tonytiger55
06-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Fuck... they just scored..

austic
06-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Watched every game so far. Advantage of working from home with a newborn being constantly up. Best part of the Russian game was them cutting to putin after every goal who was sitting with someone from SA (assuming the king or sultan etc).

Spain / Porto game have been unreal 2-2

Cheering for Argentina....Please dont play Germany again!

arktrance
06-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Wow, what a game! Spain takes the lead!

tonytiger55
06-15-2018, 01:17 PM

austic
06-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Portugal going to make a comeback or Spain going to take it?

tonytiger55
06-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Portugal get it forward but don't know what to do with it.
Their set plays are a bit all over the place. Spain seem more direct.

max_boost
06-15-2018, 01:35 PM
I'm loving this game. I appreciate soccer so much more after watching Real Madrid and FC Barcelona last year.

And which country has the hottest fans? :love:

arktrance
06-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Oh my god ronaldo

max_boost
Oh my god ronaldo

haha I was just gonna say the same thing!

lilmira
Woah

tonytiger55
GOOOOAAAAAL!!!!
What a free kick!!!!

austic
Team Ronaldo

tonytiger55
06-15-2018, 01:57 PM
What a game.
Two of those goals were just brilliant..

arktrance
06-15-2018, 01:58 PM
What a game.
Two of those goals were just brilliant..

Fantastic game indeed. I love the World Cup. Hope we have many more games like this... and it's just getting started!

BerserkerCatSplat
06-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Unbelievable game, one of the best I've ever watched. Ronaldo vs. Spain.

schocker
06-15-2018, 02:28 PM
That free kick was amazing.

Skyline_Addict
06-15-2018, 04:25 PM
That free kick was amazing.

Spectacular game with 2-3 very memorable goals....

Costa's solo effort, Nacho's first-time strike with the outside boot, Ronaldo's clutch free kick.

That goal was great. His balance and being able to hold off the two players on him. Just brilliant.
I actually want Spain to loose. If they get further than England I have to make a friend Lamb curry for the 3rd time.

Costa's attributes compliment the Spanish team and style of play really well. As a finisher, they need someone with his strength, physicality and aggression to be at the end of their mesmerizing build up play.

taemo
06-17-2018, 09:39 AM
france vs australia and argentiva vs iceland was nice yesterday.

germany vs mexico is turning out to be an exciting game too this morning.
looking forward for brazil vs switzerland later today though

tonytiger55
06-17-2018, 10:31 AM
just tuned into the Mexico game... Wow..
Kinda surprised by how Germany are playing in the last part. Its like when they get to the Mexico box they don't know what to do..

DonJuan
06-17-2018, 12:00 PM
just tuned into the Mexico game... Wow..
Kinda surprised by how Germany are playing in the last part. Its like when they get to the Mexico box they don't know what to do..

this

tonytiger55
06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Well earned victory by Mexico..
I was watching on BBC (stream) and the after game pundits got it spot on. Germany just were sloppy and had too many touches on the ball.

Anyone watching the Brazil game...?

Swiss equalised against the Samba batty boys..
My stream keeps stopping..:(

ZenOps
06-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Nelson laugh *haha* Germany.

tonytiger55
06-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Look who's playing today...!!! Whoot whoot...

The small country that thought it could and did rule the world.. (at one point)
The only country that has tea making facilities in all it battle tanks as standard...
The country that brought you Chicken Tika Masala...
Yes by Beyond brethren... Only today the World Cup really truly begins..

Watch as we show the world how it is done.. :poosie:

dirtsniffer
06-18-2018, 01:53 PM
last minute win for the English.

KLCC
06-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Its tunisia. If england can't beat them, they might as well forfeit the entire tournament. England should have no problem with Panama for that matters as well.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Not to downplay how badly England needs to fix their game (they do), but the officiating was horrible. Tunisia was playing rugby in the box while England played soccer.

tonytiger55
06-18-2018, 02:44 PM
What a game.

The Tunisian goal keeper collapsed in shock at how mighty the English attacks were. The second time the keeper fell.. it was bad, it was great tactical manoeuvre by Harry Kane. All those weeks eating baked beans, he knew it would pay off. He had just farted in that space a few seconds earlier...it left the keeper gasping.. the poor bugger had smelt the end, it as too much for him. He needed to be substituted.

England showed great displays of their television culture by incorporating it in their attacking football. It was just like the Benny Hill show. The international crowds were gasping at such entertainment joy.
When England finally did score, the camera cut to the Tunisian manager.. even he was clapping at the great skill that was displayed.

Then the Tunisian attacker walked into the English defender as he was in awe of such strength in defence that was displayed. He fell over, he must have thought it was like the riot police back home. Soon he will be claiming asylum in the UK as he feels his display of being a pussy will cause him to be persecuted in his homeland.

The English keeper had the penalty covered. But as a great display of English sportsmanship he let it in. His mum was proud, at half time she was jovially telling reporters in her yourkshire accent.. 'thats ma son, we taught him prouuud'.

In the second half the English brilliantly showed to the world their history of how shit they USED to play football. Then nearing the end the England manager looked over at Harry Kane and gave him a nod. Now was the time. Harry knew what he had to do.. all the planning, the baked beans, the pub crawls.. it was time..He stood up on the world stage and the Harry Kane showed them the NEW ENGLAND.

Tomorrow there will be a reaction of fear, dread and anxiety amongst rival camps. The managers will look to their team, wide eyed.. the kind that knows the horrors that awaits them....and they will announce in a sorrowful voice... the three lions have arrived..

England has has roared its arrival to the land of Babuska's. The world cup has now finally begun..

C4S
06-18-2018, 02:47 PM
They barely won .. but 3 pt is 3 pt!

Good job England!

NissanFanBoy
06-18-2018, 03:53 PM
Tony's new name...EnglandFanBoy.

taemo
06-19-2018, 07:36 AM
Columbia managed to score 1 goal against Japan, Moreno lucky that Escobar is dead

BerserkerCatSplat
06-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Oh my god Colombia haha, who takes a DOGSO handball six minutes into the match? Japan played a very strong game but the card was the difference-maker.

tonytiger55
06-19-2018, 08:39 AM
Daaang... Cocain cartels got beat by samurai...did not see that coming. I mean I knew it would be a good match but Columbia loosing to the J-Legue..?

tonytiger55
06-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Where is Kobe..? His team is playing Senegal now..

Brent.ff
06-19-2018, 08:53 AM
What a game.

England has has roared its arrival to the land of Babuska's. The world cup has now finally begun..

Well at least reading that was more entertaining then the 75 minutes between England goals..

Kobe
06-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Where is Kobe..? His team is playing Senegal now..

Watching ;)

Saw the Colombia game 2..

Brent.ff
06-19-2018, 01:25 PM
jesus my bracket is blown up.. and i did a last minute change from russia to egpyt to be runner up... crap

tonytiger55
06-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Watching ;)

Saw the Colombia game 2..

Mate.... like... what happened..?
Just saw the highlights and I have to ask what was the Polish Keeper doing? Why did he come running out..? Did he miss breakfast or something and think the football turned into a giant bowl of Bigos..? Was that the reason..?

The first goal was a accident.. fair enough...but the second..*sigh*:facepalm:

Kobe
06-19-2018, 02:15 PM
Mate.... like... what happened..?
Just saw the highlights and I have to ask what was the Polish Keeper doing? Why did he come running out..? Did he miss breakfast or something and think the football turned into a giant bowl of Bigos..? Was that the reason..?

The first goal was a accident.. fair enough...but the second..*sign*:facepalm:

Personally think they get free Vodka in Russia and the Russians got them drunk they were either still drunk or hungover, it's honestly the only explanation I saw, the last 10 minutes they played well when they sobered up :D

tonytiger55
06-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Cartoon. :rofl:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/jun/19/david-squires-on-england-var-and-the-rest-of-world-cup-2018-so-far

jabjab
06-20-2018, 04:09 PM
The more I watch the more I believe the World Cup is rigged...

arktrance
06-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Anyone watching the Argentina game? What is Caballero doing!?

KLCC
06-21-2018, 01:25 PM
boneheaded mistake. Argentinian pulled a Karius move

tonytiger55
06-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Am watching...

Croatian technique in the first goal was brilliant... but the second...? Genius...
That Argentine payer should have been red carded for that kick..

max_boost
06-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Impressive Croatia.

Don't cry for me Argentina

tonytiger55
06-21-2018, 02:01 PM
What a game. Argentina... bahahahahahaa!

Argentina lost this bad. Their heads dipped when they should have shown the world how its done.... but noooooooo. The passing was so bad.. their attacks were nothing more than fish farts..

Fun fact.. its Argentinas first loss in a group stage since 2002... thier last loss was when they lost to ...wait for it...England..:poosie::poosie::poosie:

Edit... Croatia could be cunts and let Iceland beat them... Croatia would still finish top and Iceland might go through second on goal difference, providing Argentina don't score too many...

austic
06-21-2018, 02:08 PM
That game hurt... As in I wish i didnt leave my conference early to watch that dogshit of a performance. Losing is one thing but the childish behavior was just embarrassing. Kicking a player when down.... just all around dogshit.

I need a drink.

tonytiger55
06-21-2018, 02:11 PM
I need a drink.

Too right...! It feels like im going to die of joy..! Im putting the kettle on and im making myself a cupoooo TEA!!

arktrance
06-21-2018, 03:35 PM
My bracket is completely busted now. I had Argentina choking after the group stages but it looks like they'll try to show themselves out earlier.

C4S
06-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Would think this is easy group for Argentina ... bye Messi!

Go Iceland!

dirtsniffer
06-22-2018, 07:37 AM
Fuckinh Brazilians love diving all over.

taemo
06-22-2018, 07:55 AM
brazil got lucky

ganesh
06-22-2018, 08:49 AM
brazil got lucky
They didn't stop playing. you play until the whistle goes off. If you call that as lucky sure they did.
They were also robbed on the last game.

taemo
06-22-2018, 09:20 AM
They didn't stop playing. you play until the whistle goes off. If you call that as lucky sure they did.

true, dont get me wrong I was cheering for Brazil to win and they were pushing hard to score the 2nd period which finally paid off after 90minutes, just felt that costa rica deserved to tie for holding them off for that long

tonytiger55
06-22-2018, 11:51 AM

How were they robbed in the last game?

Im at the ship if anyone is around...Zerg vs Swiss cheese about to start..

ganesh
06-22-2018, 12:03 PM
How were they robbed in the last game?

Im at the ship if anyone is around...Zerg vs Swiss cheese about to start..
So what is your opinion on,
1) non-calls on a push inside the area before Switzerland's equalizer
2) Non call on pulling Jesus down in the area

dirtsniffer
06-22-2018, 12:19 PM
i didnt watch the first game but if they acted like they did in the second it would take a blatent foul for me to blow the whistle. bunch of pussies. diving in the box should be an automatic card

ganesh
06-22-2018, 12:26 PM
i didnt watch the first game but if they acted like they did in the second it would take a blatent foul for me to blow the whistle. bunch of pussies. diving in the box should be an automatic card
Well then there will be no players left in any team :) It is a common disease.

tonytiger55
06-22-2018, 12:29 PM
So what is your opinion on,
1) non-calls on a push inside the area before Switzerland's equalizer
2) Non call on pulling Jesus down in the area

Did not see it but will look on clips when I get home and respond.
But clarify your argument that Brazil were robbed.

ganesh
06-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Did not see it but will look on clips when I get home and respond.
But clarify your argument that Brazil were robbed.

Well I thought it was clear. If the push was called then there s no equalizer goal. Therefore Brazil would have won the game.
Had they made the call on pulling Jesus down in the area it would have been a a penalty shot.
So in my opinion they were robbed of a win.

arktrance
06-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Ma boi Xhaka with the equalizer for the Swiss (Arsenal fan btw haha)

tonytiger55
06-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Well I thought it was clear. If the push was called then there s no equalizer goal. Therefore Brazil would have won the game.
Had they made the call on pulling Jesus down in the area it would have been a a penalty shot.
So in my opinion they were robbed of a win.

Fair enough. But I disagree.

In the box there will be a bit of push and tussle. The ref has to balance this out and make a split second judgement. I don't think it will be 100% perfect but the refs are not stupid.
The issue is not so much the push but what is the defender doing to allow that positioning to happen..? I see the defender at fault here.
WTF was the defender doing with his back to the striker...? Was he waiting for the Swiss striker to rub his dick on his ass for some samba batty play..?
It's shit defending. He should be side ways, eye on ball and eye on the defender. At this level this is basic. Im surprised no other pundit picked it up except Wenger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVIFAVRT-Io

What makes it worse is that he is wearing a Brazil shirt hence he of all people should know better.
Brazil are also making it harder from themselves but wearing their girlfriends underwear while they play. I mean they keep falling over and crying for every play. I get other teams are doing it, but Brazil are letting this overtake their game.
This leads to the ref making a judgement by giving the benefit of the doubt to the opposition as he is seeing Brazil fall over all the time. The refs are not stupid, they get briefed they talk to each other.

The Swiss did a great job holding Brazil's game play. Neymar struggled with the physical play..either that or Neymar forgot to wash his fanny.. the pungent whiff kept making him nauseated to fall over.
I don't think Brazil were robbed. They just did not play well.
Brazil should have done better. They don't have a right to win or have calls made their way. They need to balance this out with their play. I think they are riding their luck, Im waiting for them to play a real technical European team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWYriTMcXg

Another example is the penalty in the England game. It was a bit harsh but I call to question the defender should not have positioned himself like that.

As for the Swiss game... fucking hell.... I missed the equaliser as I walked to a friends. But had the Serbian defender not fell... he could have stopped it... lol
But the winning goal... bloody hell!

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 11:10 AM
Have Belgium peaked too early..?

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 12:00 PM
Ikea vs Bratwurst... about to kick off... anyone watching..?

taemo
06-23-2018, 12:15 PM
been watching since the first game, tunisia made too many mistakes and paid the price.

feel bad for SK, ikea vs bratwurst turning out to be an exciting game

taemo
06-23-2018, 12:33 PM
wow ikea!

adam c
06-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Recent discussions with my coworker, nobody had the answer

How does their hair stay so perfect, they are running, sweating and heading the ball yet they look like they just walked out of the tunnel

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 12:41 PM
wow ikea!

Is it me or does the Swedish manager look like Matt Damon?

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 12:50 PM
Half Time! What a game...!
Im gona make some boiled eggs and some tea!

adam c
06-23-2018, 12:53 PM
how about some meatballs?

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 12:54 PM
how about some meatballs?
:rofl:

taemo
06-23-2018, 01:54 PM
wow nice winning goal by germany

btw those sweddish chicks:love:

max_boost
06-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Oh man Zee Germans did it!

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 02:10 PM
Oh dear... looks like its Bratwurst on the menu tonight instead of meatballs.
Those swedish supporters..:nut:

schocker
06-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Phew, was hoping for a late goal and what a goal that was.

tonytiger55
06-23-2018, 03:02 PM
England Vs Panama pre game amble....

My beyond brethren....
After Englands brilliant win against Africa's Football Zulu's.. Let us set the tone, take a moment of solace and listen to the theme by John Barry. Let us sit in grandeur and savour the great battle that comes next.....:guns::guns::guns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qydHIjL7iMg

Yes my footballing fellowmen....the land of the famous Panama hats awaits...

The world cup is to be taken to another level.. the second games we have been watching have been nothing... just chicken fluff... peasants shuffling around swatting flies..

Tomorrow morning ...I shall make the great pilgrimage to the football mecca that is the Ship and Anchor. Yes my fellowmen....You are all welcome to come witness the greatness that will be shown...Come forth and join me..

Bladeh
06-23-2018, 06:27 PM
Bloody Germans! Swedes let them off the hook in the 2nd half.

COME ON ENNNGGEEEERRRLLLAND!

tonytiger55
06-24-2018, 05:59 AM
Anyone awake?
Its about to begin..! So much excites...:nut:

taemo
06-24-2018, 07:04 AM
didnt even bother tuning it lol

NissanFanBoy
06-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Japan!!!!!!!!

arktrance
06-24-2018, 01:37 PM
Columbia third goal.... omfg what a pass by Rodriguez.

Kobe
06-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Colombia played so well.... Well deserved like a bunch of rabbits on cocaine..

That Cuadrano guy needs a fucken raise he destroyed the Polish team..

GG WP'ED... Back to drinking vodka we go..

ianmcc
06-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Maybe its just me but it seems that the South and Central American teams are the worst divers and open-mouthed shin clutchers. Glad to see Neymars penalty kick retracted by VAR.

dirtsniffer
06-25-2018, 06:34 PM
Crazy stuff with group b this afternoon. Too bad I missed it. Darn meetings

C4S
06-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Absolutely crazy!

I on and off watched it till the 90's min .. assumed Port will be top, Spain second .. then walked away ... but crazy finish! :eek:

Iran almost took Portugal in the 94th min!! And Spain was inch away from losing the game in the 92th min! (So damn close offside/onside call!)

tonytiger55
06-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Did not see the games. I was a bit shocked by the Spain result. Shame Morroco could not hold it on.

Soooooo.... Did you all bask in the glorious football England played... eh eh eh? Harry Kane did not even have to look where to score...it just happened.
To be honest judging by that standard of referring I was surprised the penalties were given.
I would have thought Southgate would have told his players to keep the goals down as finishing second is better. Oh well.

As for south American teams diving a lot. I totally agree. I would also say they complain a lot more.
The sad thing about Brazil in particular is that they don't have to. The quality of the players they have is that don't need to dive or fight for every call. They can keep the ball so well and dictate the pace of the game they could beat or challenge every team. I think FIFA need to take action after the game, it sets a bad example for kids as the whole world is watching.
This behaviour distracts from the game and as they progress I wonder if this will play against them in terms of decisions.

arktrance
06-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Did not see the games. I was a bit shocked by the Spain result. Shame Morroco could not hold it on.

Soooooo.... Did you all bask in the glorious football England played... eh eh eh? Harry Kane did not even have to look where to score...it just happened.
To be honest judging by that standard of referring I was surprised the penalties were given.
I would have thought Southgate would have told his players to keep the goals down as finishing second is better. Oh well.

As for south American teams diving a lot. I totally agree. I would also say they complain a lot more.
The sad thing about Brazil in particular is that they don't have to. The quality of the players they have is that don't need to dive or fight for every call. They can keep the ball so well and dictate the pace of the game they could beat or challenge every team. I think FIFA need to take action after the game, it sets a bad example for kids as the whole world is watching.
This behaviour distracts from the game and as they progress I wonder if this will play against them in terms of decisions.

Yeah, I agree with the point on South American teams diving and falling a lot easier. I can't find the clip of it but Brazil's last game, there was a moment where Neymar had a brilliant chance to take a shot on goal but decided to fall instead, hoping for a penalty shot I suspect? Regardless, the guy should have taken the shot; would've been a goal IMO.

max_boost
06-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Whoa Argentina! Might pull it off here.

arktrance
06-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Whoa Argentina! Might pull it off here.

Hahaha, not sure why Rojo was so far up front but he did it!

Poor Nigeria, they had a lot of chances but couldn't sustain. Super young team though, I'm sure they'll be back. Did any of you guys take a look at their goalkeeper? He's only 19 years old!! Doesn't look 19 though haha.