PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Motorcycle Parking?

300havoc
06-02-2018, 09:47 PM
So, I ride my motorcycle into work downtown, park on 3rd st. I come back to my bike this evening and find this car parked in the motorcycle parking. Not in the handicap parking, but straight up in the motorcycle parking. Am I reading the sign wrong and it's only dedicated motorcycle parking for 7-6 mon-sat? Or is it designated motorcycle only all the time? I get that you have to pay from 7-6 Monday through Saturday.

I get that after 6 street parking is free in the core, but I usually get there around 5 so I seek out the bike parking because it's cheaper.

killramos
06-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Never heard of motorcycle only parking in dt Calgary on the street.

Bet it’s an honest mistake as they obviously are not common and that pretty specific to a spot where the lane narrows.

I call it a slow news day, it’s Saturday there’s lots of parking dt. Don’t worry I’m sure he got fined for it.

ExtraSlow
06-02-2018, 10:09 PM
There's a small number of motorcycle only areas during the warmer months. They are pretty obvious to people who work near them, because there will be 47 bikes in the space of three cars.

Sugarphreak
06-02-2018, 10:29 PM

300havoc
06-02-2018, 10:38 PM
I'm only downtown Friday/Saturday evenings. Now if you were walking by containR in Sunnyside, you would see my bike more often haha.

Yeah, It's not really a big deal, there was only one other bike parked there, but I just found it weird. I thought the sign was pretty clear, but maybe it isn't.

bjstare
06-03-2018, 06:37 AM
I'm 99% sure the sign only applies during the hours stated on it. Just like all the areas that are 2h max - that only applies 7am-6pm or whatever.

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Having parked in that spot for years before getting monthly parking, it's only motorcycle parking until 6pm. You'll sometimes roll up at 7am and find cars still parked there from overnight. We usually block them in.