PDA

View Full Version : Help selecting a road bike!

J-hop
06-04-2018, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, so looking to finally pull the trigger on a road bike. I will strictly be using this for gran fondo rides, no commuting as my commuter right now is working great.

I’m trying to stay $1500 or under, I know this limits my selection a fair amount but I don’t feel I’m to the level to justify dropping huge coin on a bike. Other than that I don’t really have any requirements, a decent gearset would be a plus but I’m on a base model Kona dew so I’ve got the lowest of the low quality components, so really anything would be an improvement. I would prefer non-full hydraulic brakes for ease of repair, mechanical with hydraulic calipers is fine.

I’ve looked at a couple (online) that interest me, but not sure what people think;

-GT grade alloy expert - seems to have decent components at a reasonable price

-Ridley x-trail a60

Any other suggestions?

bjstare
06-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Wait until after RTCC and buy something used? haha jk

But not about the used part. I got a lightly used Ridley Fenix C50 from a member on here for much less than the new price. Would recommend.

D'z Nutz
06-04-2018, 08:36 PM
I'm a big fan of Giant's offerings. I feel they have a lot to offer for the price. If I didn't build up my road bike this year, I probably would have picked up a Defy Advanced 2.

How about this TCR and with the money saved, upgrade parts as needed?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2385679/

redline
06-04-2018, 08:38 PM
I would be looking at the used market with that budget.

www.pinkbike.com

The most important thing with a road bike is comfort and getting any bike setup correctly for you. Having a shop that will take the time and change the bike for you with a proper fitting is critical to your enjoyment of the bike. Calgarycycle.com is my recommendation on a shop.

J-hop
06-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Yea pinkbike is a good call, stupid me didn’t even think about them and road bikes, I’ve only bought stuff for my DH bikes off there!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a big fan of Giant's offerings. I feel they have a lot to offer for the price. If I didn't build up my road bike this year, I probably would have picked up a Defy Advanced 2.

How about this TCR and with the money saved, upgrade parts as needed?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2385679/

Hmm, going to look at the sizing chart for that bike. Thanks!

Penguin_Racecar
06-04-2018, 08:56 PM
There's two ways you can go here - you can buy new at that price point but likely end up with Tiagra components at best. It would be a solid foundation to start with and gets you warranty and hopefully at least a basic bike fit of some sort. I know MEC is pretty good at taking the time to ensure saddle height and reach is set properly. I've seen them swap out stems and make other adjustments that I wouldn't see at most shops unless you buy a bike fit (or if a bike fit is included in the price).

The other way to go would be buying used off pinkbike.com (or kijiji if you're willing to sift through it). I picked up a Ridley Fenix Carbon bike in pristine condition for $1800. Your pricepoint should get you a very nice road bike. Potentially carbon frame, 105 or Ultegra groupset, perhaps upgraded wheels. The problem is you don't get a bike fit, but that could be purchased later if needed. Buying a bike that's the right frame size is the most important when buying used as usually there are only 2 adjustments needed that would incur costs afterwards (a stem and a saddle).

Penguin_Racecar
06-04-2018, 09:06 PM
To add to this - I would spend my money on a more modern bike. That Giant's wheelset probably doesn't support an 11 speed cassette, which means you'd have to upgrade wheels if you wanted to upgrade the drivetrain. Chances are that the older carbon giant frames aren't particularly compliant (comfortable), while modern carbon frames tend to have some movement in the chainstays to soak up small bumps.
I see better value in something like this (keep in mind that this might be slightly big for you): https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2291573/

Modern aluminum frames are great too - Cannondale is doing some great stuff with aluminum road bikes.

msommers
06-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Are CAAD10s over $1,500? I seem to remember paying around that for a new one...

Penguin_Racecar
06-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Here's another one that screams "Long days in the saddle" https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2288768/

J-hop
06-04-2018, 09:24 PM
To add to this - I would spend my money on a more modern bike. That Giant's wheelset probably doesn't support an 11 speed cassette, which means you'd have to upgrade wheels if you wanted to upgrade the drivetrain. Chances are that the older carbon giant frames aren't particularly compliant (comfortable), while modern carbon frames tend to have some movement in the chainstays to soak up small bumps.
I see better value in something like this (keep in mind that this might be slightly big for you): https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2291573/

Modern aluminum frames are great too - Cannondale is doing some great stuff with aluminum road bikes.

Thanks for the feedback. Yea I’m almost tempted to buy a mediocre bike new and get a fit as I have never ridden bikes that were the right size for me so I don’t know what ‘right’ feels like. With the exception of my dew which fits me great but the sizing is completely different from a road bike it seems

Penguin_Racecar
06-04-2018, 09:26 PM
A CAAD with 105 groupset is $1950 now :(

Penguin_Racecar
06-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Did you buy your Dew brand new? If so, from where? If it's from Bow Cycle I'd go take a look to see what they have for 2017 bikes left in stock. If they have a road bike near your budget from 2017 you can casually mention you bought your Dew from there and ask them what the absolute lowest is they'll go. Bikes shops are pretty keen on clearing out last years stock.

J-hop
06-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Did you buy your Dew brand new? If so, from where? If it's from Bow Cycle I'd go take a look to see what they have for 2017 bikes left in stock. If they have a road bike near your budget from 2017 you can casually mention you bought your Dew from there and ask them what the absolute lowest is they'll go. Bikes shops are pretty keen on clearing out last years stock.

Good call, yes bought both mine and my gf’s dew at bow so worth a try.

997TT
06-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Damn that seems like a good deal. May give the guy a call.
For used bikes do you guys ask for receipt or how do you know the bike isn’t stolen. Any other things to ask when buying used.
Hoping the 54 cm frame fits. I’m 5’10.

Penguin_Racecar
06-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Damn that seems like a good deal. May give the guy a call.
For used bikes do you guys ask for receipt or how do you know the bike isn’t stolen. Any other things to ask when buying used.
Hoping the 54 cm frame fits. I’m 5’10.

54cm should fit you well assuming regular leg proportions. i'm 6' and ride a 56cm most of the time.
You can definitely ask for a written receipt. You also can request the bike's serial number and check on this site to see if it's reported stolen: http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformbikes.cfm

Other things to ask when buying used: Has it been crashed, does it need anything. Take the bike for a spin and run it through all the gears. Check for creaks when pedaling hard out of the saddle. Make sure shifting is crisp and not lazy. Make sure the brakes work as they should. If it's a carbon frame do a visual check for cracks.

Brent.ff
06-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Here's another one that screams "Long days in the saddle" https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2288768/

that's a sweet bike.. and 105 for 1500 is a good price

997TT
06-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Thx for the info. I’ll text him to see if still available.

So would that bike be equivalent to the E5 comp based on the ad saying it was $2600 originally. In terms of diff btw my current JTS how much ride difference would I notice? Spec wise I see the hydraulic disc brakes and maybe it’s a slightly lighter frame maybe better wheels. Just trying to see where the extra $$ would be spent on that bike compared to mine.

Brent.ff
06-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Guess the question is what are you wanting it for. That thing looks pretty JTS-ey to me and is more cyclo-crossy then roadie, and you probably wouldn't notice a ton of difference weight wize. Seems similar to the E5 Comp.

Guess the question for both of you is do you want speed or comfort on the road. If its comfort, i don't see how the JTS would be replaced by that Diverge.

Strider
06-05-2018, 10:41 AM
If you're looking at used on pinkbike or kijiji, expand your search to Edmonton (and Kelowna if you're willing to go that far). There tends to be a lot more mid-higher end bikes in those areas.

I just picked this up yesterday: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2373111/
It's definitely overkill for my level, but for spending $1500 I figured I might as well have carbon and ultegra.

D'z Nutz
06-05-2018, 01:11 PM
If you're looking at used on pinkbike or kijiji, expand your search to Edmonton (and Kelowna if you're willing to go that far). There tends to be a lot more mid-higher end bikes in those areas.

I just picked this up yesterday: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2373111/
It's definitely overkill for my level, but for spending $1500 I figured I might as well have carbon and ultegra.

Yeah, that's what I do too. I find BC, especially the inner part of it, has a lot of good stuff that comes up frequently.

J-hop
06-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Any thoughts on this opus triton? Have to get more details on sizing but looking at their website at a similar bike it should be around the right size for me.

Opus Triton cycling bike, medium frame on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-road-bike/calgary/opus-triton-cycling-bike-medium-frame/1360473587?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

Penguin_Racecar
06-06-2018, 04:20 PM
Looks like pretty good component spec - 105 all around and mavic wheels. I'm a bit confused by their frame design though - the chainstays aren't bridged in front of the rear tire. To me that seems like a place to have a lot of flex when applying power...

J-hop
06-06-2018, 08:08 PM
Looks like pretty good component spec - 105 all around and mavic wheels. I'm a bit confused by their frame design though - the chainstays aren't bridged in front of the rear tire. To me that seems like a place to have a lot of flex when applying power...

Good point, and I’m a bit of a grinder too I love sprinting and tend to be hard on cranks.

Went to bow tonight, do you know anything about cube bikes? I was looking at the cube attain w/105. Also looked at the cannondale synapse w/105

I think I’m opening up to around 2k budget

Penguin_Racecar
06-06-2018, 09:54 PM
When I last spoke to the marketing director for Bow he said Cube was really upping the game on getting value for your money component spec wise.
I like both options you listed. I'd personally be leaning toward the Cannondale but ONLY because of brandwhoring. Cannondale has a lot of pedigree and has been in the game a long time.

Both have excellent component spec. The Cube has a press fit bottom bracket, while I can't find whether the Cannondale is threaded or press fit. I specifically looked for a bike with a threaded BB because of the creaking issues I've had with press fit. That said, a properly installed press fit BB should give you no issues.

I would go test ride both bikes and any other ones they suggest and are in your price range. Don't skip the Norco Valence 105 either. It's actually less expensive at 1700 MSRP with full 105 components. Also looks like threaded bottom bracket. Possibly slightly heavier wheels but that's the first thing I upgrade on bikes anyway.

J-hop
06-06-2018, 10:01 PM
When I last spoke to the marketing director for Bow he said Cube was really upping the game on getting value for your money component spec wise.
I like both options you listed. I'd personally be leaning toward the Cannondale but ONLY because of brandwhoring. Cannondale has a lot of pedigree and has been in the game a long time.

Both have excellent component spec. The Cube has a press fit bottom bracket, while I can't find whether the Cannondale is threaded or press fit. I specifically looked for a bike with a threaded BB because of the creaking issues I've had with press fit. That said, a properly installed press fit BB should give you no issues.

I would go test ride both bikes and any other ones they suggest and are in your price range. Don't skip the Norco Valence 105 either. It's actually less expensive at 1700 MSRP with full 105 components. Also looks like threaded bottom bracket. Possibly slightly heavier wheels but that's the first thing I upgrade on bikes anyway.

Thanks for all your help. Yea I got watching a lot of vids on the cannondale and it looks like a good option. I was a bit wary of the cube bikes as I’ve never heard of them (guy said they were/are big in Europe and are just breaking in to Canada). Also the cube was full hydraulic, while the cannondale was cable. I’ve serviced the hydraulic brakes a couple times on my downhill bikes and hated doing it so that put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

I will take them for a spin this weekend hopefully. GF needed a bike lock so I used that as an excuse to go drool over bikes for a bit tonight. I will add the norco to my list as well.

Penguin_Racecar
06-06-2018, 10:20 PM
The Cannondale is cable actuated hydro - they're pretty sweet.
Are disc brakes a must? MEC has Ridley Heliums for $1575 with 105 components and rim brakes. There is also the Fenix A20 Disc for $1725, though it has Tiagra components instead. The Fenix should have decent tire clearance also and is more of an endurance road bike than the Helium.

What are some of the other needs? Disc? 105 minimum? Tire clearance? Comfort? Weight?

J-hop
06-06-2018, 10:38 PM
The Cannondale is cable actuated hydro - they're pretty sweet.
Are disc brakes a must? MEC has Ridley Heliums for $1575 with 105 components and rim brakes. There is also the Fenix A20 Disc for $1725, though it has Tiagra components instead. The Fenix should have decent tire clearance also and is more of an endurance road bike than the Helium.

What are some of the other needs? Disc? 105 minimum? Tire clearance? Comfort? Weight?

Yea I saw the helium for 1575 but unfortunately looks like they are clearing out stock as can only select XL frame size. Fenix looks like a really nice bike

Don’t need disc, as for gearset I’m not picky for reference my bike has tourney TX and I have no complaints haha. For tires I’m running 32s on my dew and was going to go smaller if I was going to use it for distance riding. Comfort is not super high on the list but I would be using it strictly for longer distance so wouldn’t want to go to something super uncomfortable. Weight, anything 25lbs and under, not super concerned as I have another 30lbs id like to drop off my body so 2 lbs off a bike probably won’t be too noticeable.

Kind of open parameter I know

lilmira
06-07-2018, 12:02 AM
Used well known brand bike with 11spd 105 should be within your budget. New bike will be around 2000 or more. It should be under 20lbs.

Penguin_Racecar
06-07-2018, 07:40 AM
As a sidenote - I run 28c tires on my road bike. Smaller tire doesn't really necessarily mean faster. You tend to run a higher pressure for a smaller tire to prevent punctures, which means bumps are more likely to be translated into upwards movement of the bike. A 28mm tire will roll better on non-perfect surfaces than a 23mm tire will. That said, a 28mm tire of the same brand/model + tube will also weigh more than a 23mm so arguably slower for long climbs and for acceleration. Love the comfort, though.

msommers
06-07-2018, 07:58 AM
J-hop don't dismiss comfort. After 40-50km and depending on your flexibility, a critical bike vs. distance may have you re-thinking about your choices.

105 minimum would be my biggest suggestion. And get out and try bikes, you'll know when something doesn't feel great vs. 'nearly' there.

Seems I might have to try 28's here...

buh_buh
06-07-2018, 08:47 AM
not all framesets will fit a 28, especially some of the older ones (I'm talking pre-2017 when wider started becoming more popular) so make sure you have the clearance first, especially if you're pairing it up with a wider rim.
And Cannondales have a press fit bb and are prone to creaking. At least the CAADs are.

997TT
06-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Damn that helium is only xlarge as mentioned. Really want a 2nd bike too but want it on sale/good used price. Haha. Cheap Asian in me

Brent.ff
06-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Damn that helium is only xlarge as mentioned. Really want a 2nd bike too but want it on sale/good used price. Haha. Cheap Asian in me

call around.. most places will have a year or two year old bike they are sick of looking at. Wheel Life in okotoks is great place to start

D'z Nutz
06-07-2018, 08:54 AM
call around.. most places will have a year or two year old bike they are sick of looking at. Wheel Life in okotoks is great place to start

Not just that, but if you know what you want you can call some places and see if their distributors have any old stock taking up space. Sometimes you can find 2 or 3 year old bikes still, possibly even older.

997TT
06-07-2018, 08:56 AM
I’ve been on websites and popped into speed theory, mec and the bike shop the pst week. Bike shop has some specialized and ST was trying to clear out 2017 Felt FR bikes. Just avg sale ... maybe they can move a bit more maybe not. I’d only ask if I was dead serious about purchasing. I’ll start making some calls starting with wheels life. Bored at work anyways.

Brent.ff
06-07-2018, 09:22 AM
ya MEC won't move on stuff, but the smaller shops like wheel life and the such need to move merch out..

Penguin_Racecar
06-07-2018, 09:28 AM
How about this one? https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2379538/

Brent.ff
06-07-2018, 09:44 AM
sweet find..

D'z Nutz
06-07-2018, 09:47 AM
ya MEC won't move on stuff, but the smaller shops like wheel life and the such need to move merch out..

He could always sign up for a race he doesn't intend on doing just for the 10% discount! :rofl:

Brent.ff
06-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Lol they changed their wording on that after I exploited it...can’t add the 10% to already discounted

997TT
06-07-2018, 11:04 AM

Looks decent. Quick google search and if I’m right it’s the C3 model. How is that $950 rank in terms of a good price? Def cheap as I was budgeting a lot more so coming in under $1k is great

Penguin_Racecar
06-07-2018, 11:58 AM
$950 looks like a damn good price for a 105 equipped modern carbon road bike. New I would guess it retailed for ~2500.

lilmira
06-07-2018, 12:10 PM
I think mine is a 2013 Valence C3 as well. I paid about 2000 back then. Should be 10spd 105 stock. Those look like stock wheels too. 10spd 105 will do fine. 11spd 105 will be a nice upgrade and parts are reasonable cheap if you feel like it down the road.

ZeroGravity
06-07-2018, 01:30 PM
$950 looks like a damn good price for a 105 equipped modern carbon road bike. New I would guess it retailed for ~2500.

I would be tempted too if it is a smaller size.

New bike prices seems to have climbed quite a bit last couple of years. The CAD dollar probably contributed to the increase some what.

997TT
06-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Ya I may be off but it seems like ultegra spec, carbon frame with decent wheels is on sale at $3kish.
Some models are pushing 105 at that price.

Speed theory guys said the Felt Fr3 at $3100-3400 (rim vs hydraulic disc/better wheels) is a good value. From what I’ve seen they are correct at least as far as new bikes are concerned

J-hop
06-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Damn ran out of data on my phone and missed a lot of convo.

That is a great find, might go take a look.

997TT
06-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Any of you guys have experience or know of ppl who have a felt? As mentioned ST has the fr3 for $3k+. Found a shop in TO clearing it out for $2700.

https://www.brownssports.com/home/2636-felt-fr-3-2017.html

Called them and they want $200ish for s&h. Will pop by ST to see if they can do anything on their price but could only find a few reviews online. Seems like a decent bike. Rear rim brake behind/under seems odd but it supposedly helps.

Lilmira that strava follow request was me this morning. Haha. Saw we take a similar route abeit mine much shorter

lilmira
06-08-2018, 10:05 AM
It's a racier bike. You won't be as upright as riding on endurance bike. It's 52/36 crank, again racier gearing compared to 50/34. Pricing is reasonable for Ultegra bike. That rear brake location is kinda weird.

You weren't the one wheelsucking me from Edworthy, were you lol?

997TT
06-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Nope don’t think so. At least not this morning. But I’m always down for conserving energy!

D'z Nutz
06-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Aren't those direct mount rear brakes? From what I've read, having direct mount rear brakes can be kind of a pain in the ass cause you're more likely to get rocks jammed in them just based on the brake location and maintenance is a pain in the ass cause the crank is in the way. I'd hate to have to remove the crank/chain just to adjust the brake cable or change pads.

997TT, you seem to have a lot of difficulty with a lot of even basic bike maintenance. I would think for you getting a bike locally from a shop that provides free maintenance, whether limited or lifetime, would be a big sell for you.

997TT
06-08-2018, 10:17 AM
997TT, you seem to have a lot of difficulty with a lot of even basic bike maintenance. I would think for you getting a bike locally from a shop that provides free maintenance, whether limited or lifetime, would be a big sell for you.

#truth. I’m a mechanical retard but I try!

Penguin_Racecar
06-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Maybe you were a triathlete in your previous life?

J-hop
06-08-2018, 10:25 AM

Bike mechanics can be tough, I have no problem wrenching on my cars but as soon as I get working on the bike and I have no idea what 5nm feels like I get lost haha.

997TT
06-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Maybe you were a triathlete in your previous life?

Those cats are a whole new level of being in shape. Put the avg person to shame.

kJUMP
06-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Any of you guys have experience or know of ppl who have a felt? As mentioned ST has the fr3 for $3k+. Found a shop in TO clearing it out for $2700.

https://www.brownssports.com/home/2636-felt-fr-3-2017.html

Called them and they want $200ish for s&h. Will pop by ST to see if they can do anything on their price but could only find a few reviews online. Seems like a decent bike. Rear rim brake behind/under seems odd but it supposedly helps.

Lilmira that strava follow request was me this morning. Haha. Saw we take a similar route abeit mine much shorter

if you don't mind ordering a bike and getting it shipped, look at wheels of bloor in toronto. i bought my cervelo s2 from them 3 seasons ago now and had it shipped without any issues.

they have both the cervelo R2 and S2 105 for $1999. also a felt fr6 for $1499...

http://www.wheelsofbloor.com/specials/

http://www.wheelsofbloor.com/specials/road/cervelo/r2-105

http://www.wheelsofbloor.com/specials/road/felt/fr6

997TT
06-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Damn that s2 would be a nice 2nd bike. Looks like it cut costs on the crank, brakes and wheels but can always upgrade those parts later

Penguin_Racecar
06-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Those cats are a whole new level of being in shape. Put the avg person to shame.

I meant from an inability to work on bikes standpoint. I've never seen anyone less capable of working on a bicycle than a triathlete.

997TT
06-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Haha did not know that fact. Heading to ST now to see if I’d fit a 56cm Cervelo and then I’ll call the Toronto shop for a s&h quote

Just called. $250 s&h and hst bc bike was sold in Ontario. Brings tab up to $2550. Def benefits to buying local

kJUMP
06-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Haha did not know that fact. Heading to ST now to see if I’d fit a 56cm Cervelo and then I’ll call the Toronto shop for a s&h quote

Just called. $250 s&h and hst bc bike was sold in Ontario. Brings tab up to $2550. Def benefits to buying local

interesting, my shipping cost was $100. did pay the HST though. maybe try to negotiate?

kJUMP
06-08-2018, 01:31 PM
actually, just looked at the photo of my receipt... shipping was $80! had got the blue on black S2 with full Ultegra, a good deal at the time

997TT
06-08-2018, 04:27 PM
That’s awesome. They must’ve raised 3x in the past 3 yrs.
man I wish we had some of those TO deals here in yyc. S&h and hst kills most if not all the savings

J-hop
06-16-2018, 06:37 PM
Ended up with something completely different than I thought. I thought I wanted to go more race but ended up with more of a cross bike. Bought a Norco Search 105, super comfortable bike that felt right and didn’t break the bank. Other thing that sold me on it was the threaded BB as opposed to a press fit.

I will definitely upgrade the wheels soon but for now I can’t believe how freaking fast it is compared to the Dew! I’ve been wondering why guys casually pass me on their road bikes while I am working my butt off on my dew.

Going to try to get out for a 40km ride tomorrow once I get the seat height dialed

Penguin_Racecar
06-17-2018, 05:11 PM
The search is a great bike. Throw some 28mm road tires on there for all day comfort for road rides. Use the tires it came with for gravel grinders / cross. Nice purchase!

997TT
06-21-2018, 09:13 AM
Picked up a used 2013 Scott CR1 Team from pink bike. Few scratches but overall for the price I’m happy with the purchase. Had it been in mint condition I’m sure it would’ve been a few hundy more.
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2392065/?directtolastphoto

After 3 rides compared to my Jake, differences are subtle ... faster off the line, can hammer it and bike responds well, feels like it rolls a lot better. I’m assuming all of these are due to the weight, aerodynamics and frame. Comparing strava times it’s not that much faster even though I have gotten a few prs. Still getting used to the front derailleur again and the bike in general so my times could improve. Overall happy with the bike sub $1k. Guy I bought it from was a super nice guy

taemo
06-21-2018, 09:42 AM
^nice bike for the price!
I take 2x10, 50-34 with 12-25 or 11-28?
should feel faster and lighter than your jake, you will probably not notice much time difference but acceleration and cadence should be alot easier and edworthy too.

how are you liking the 54cm frame with a 90mm stem?

997TT
06-21-2018, 09:56 AM
The rear is 12x30. I’m definitely leaning forward a lot more than my Jake but not enough that I really notice except when braking and have to reach for my brakes. It does roll a lot easier that’s for sure!