PDA

View Full Version : POD or waste bin on the road?

nzwasp
06-12-2018, 02:53 PM
So I am getting a pod to move all my mother in laws shit into a storage facility. And the city of Edmonton (where her house is) wants me to get a permit: https://www.edmonton.ca/business_economy/licences_permits/waste-bin-parking-form.aspx

However my question is they want insurance for this bin and TD already said they cant put a company or city as "additional insured" on the policy. Has anyone run into this before?

ExtraSlow
06-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Wouldn't this be covered under regular homeowners insurance?

nzwasp
06-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Apparently not because they wont list the city on a homeowners policy. When I talked to the city of edmonton they told me that I was using the right form however the insurance is actually the bin companies, the agent told me to just put some Bullshit in the form in order to submit it since they already had the companies insurance info on the form.

Funny enough the first city of edmonton person was trying to tell me i can use a waste bin residential maintenance permit and I had to call roads about it - and I was like "uuh well this other permit says storage pod though...." and he replied "well you sound like you really want to go down that route.."

phreezee
06-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Never heard of this. If it's on the street, you just need a permit from the city. If it's on your driveway, you do not need a permit.

The pod should be insured by the company that owns it. It should also cover content insurance. Similarly, if you hire a mover and they damage your stuff in transit, they have insurance for it.

nzwasp
06-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Thats essentially what the city of edmonton told me too.

phreezee
06-13-2018, 09:43 AM
What I'm saying is the POD company supplies the content insurance, not you.