PDA

View Full Version : Legal weed Oct 17

NissanFanBoy
06-20-2018, 01:30 PM
So what happens if I get caught today with weed I normally buy from my unlicensed seller?:D

rage2
06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
So what happens if I get caught today with weed I normally buy from my unlicensed seller?:D
You get separated from your children.

nismodrifter
06-20-2018, 01:45 PM

Well done sir.

ROFLAMINGO'd

vengie
06-20-2018, 01:58 PM

:rofl:

G-ZUS
06-20-2018, 02:02 PM
:clap: well done sir rage2

Buster
06-20-2018, 02:09 PM
hahahha

NissanFanBoy
06-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Damnnnn good thing I don't have kids lol

Chester
06-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Maybe you forgot that you have kids because you are stoned?

firebane
06-20-2018, 03:01 PM
Maybe you forgot that you have kids because you are stoned?

Sold them for drug money

Tik-Tok
06-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Damnnnn good thing I don't have kids lol

You get seperated from your parents then.

ZenOps
06-21-2018, 07:34 AM
Gotta figure out how to reflect enough sun in the winter to support four plants.

ExtraSlow
06-21-2018, 07:44 AM
Is this going to make that big of a difference to the number of people who use MJ or the quantity they use? Seems that everyone who was interested in this already has a supply, usually through a medical card.

Thoughts?

EK 2.0
06-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Is this going to make that big of a difference to the number of people who use MJ or the quantity they use? Seems that everyone who was interested in this already has a supply, usually through a medical card.

Thoughts?

This...

Although, it might add a small level of convenience like in being able to pop down the block to your local pot shop haha...

ExtraSlow
06-21-2018, 07:56 AM
I mean, theres already a lot of beyonders who use, and are quite open about it. Don't think thier lifestyle is going to change much.

I'd be excited if this led to a wider variety of medical research for different conditions. There's anecdotal evidence of benefit for depression, ADHD, anxiety etc, but the stigma keeps some people away.

lasimmon
06-21-2018, 08:10 AM

Thoughts?

I don't know any of my friends who plan to take it up. Those who already do get their stuff in the mail already haha.

I don't plan to get into it. Just not my sort of thing.

firebane
06-21-2018, 08:30 AM

Thoughts?

It will make be more public facing and your going to see and smell it in public a whole lot more... just like when "vaping" became popular.

FraserB
06-21-2018, 08:44 AM
It will be interesting to see all the court cases and legal challenges play out for sure. I’d bet that we’ll see a case over the provincial ability to regulate cultivation, plenty regarding DUI charges, landlord/tenant challenges when renters get prohibited from growing/smoking in a rental property and of course a case over pre-access employment testing and company zero tolerance policies

ercchry
06-21-2018, 11:26 AM
I feel like the only real increase to use will come from older folks who use to dabble back in the day but want to be law abiding citizens... they think risk isn’t worth reward (especially with what they grew up seeing for enforcement). Then a few tourist dollars, big risk buying black market if you don’t have the local connections. Might also see an uptick in nonsmokers that will think it’s fun to buy some edibles for a dinner party with their friends

Will be interesting to see what corporate drug policy changes are... might capture a larger market there too

max_boost
06-21-2018, 12:29 PM
It saves a visit to the Natural Path doctor.

I can't wait to walk into a weed store and I hope some of them are massive haha all the edibles. It'll be heaven.

So much pleasure from weed > alcohol haha pennies on the dollar and such a good high :love:

A790
06-21-2018, 12:46 PM
It saves a visit to the Natural Path doctor.

I can't wait to walk into a weed store and I hope some of them are massive haha all the edibles. It'll be heaven.

So much pleasure from weed > alcohol haha pennies on the dollar and such a good high :love:

It's even better when your buddy owns a Chinese food place ;)

killramos
06-21-2018, 01:10 PM
So has there been any talk about what kind of scale the sin taxes are going to be on this?

Everyone quotes the benefits from tax revenue but I haven’t really seen much on the topic? Is it going to be 100+% like liquor?

Is this provincial jurisdiction?

CompletelyNumb
06-21-2018, 01:12 PM
It's even better when your buddy owns a Chinese food place ;)

Oct 17 meetup :clap:

J-hop
06-21-2018, 01:52 PM
I feel like the only real increase to use will come from older folks who use to dabble back in the day but want to be law abiding citizens... they think risk isn’t worth reward (especially with what they grew up seeing for enforcement). Then a few tourist dollars, big risk buying black market if you don’t have the local connections. Might also see an uptick in nonsmokers that will think it’s fun to buy some edibles for a dinner party with their friends

Will be interesting to see what corporate drug policy changes are... might capture a larger market there too

That and you’re going to start to realize how many high functioning, intelligent and successful people around you use it but were quiet about it due to the archaic brainwashed attitudes of sheeple who bought into the media fear mongering/reglious shaming of the drug.

I think you’ll see a small uptick in usage but in terms of things like DUIs the dumbasses that drive impaired don’t care about the legality of using weed.

So much fear mongering around the DUI aspect. When you break down the stats (at least from what I’ve seen) there is no measurable uptick in weed only related DUI charges. It’s always associated with drinking in the cause of impairment but the fear mongers skew the stat interpretations to ignore that fact.

EK 2.0
06-21-2018, 02:17 PM
That and you’re going to start to realize how many high functioning, intelligent and successful people around you use it but were quiet about it due to the archaic brainwashed attitudes of sheeple who bought into the media fear mongering/reglious shaming of the drug.

Nail on the head....like this guy hahaha....

Chester
06-21-2018, 02:40 PM

This.

T-Dubbs
06-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Nail on the head....like this guy hahaha....

+1

infamous
06-21-2018, 04:12 PM

:thumbsup:

R-Audi
06-21-2018, 04:39 PM
Hopefully at some point restaurants will be able to serve infused food.. That would be awesome. Perhaps a private Beyond Chinese food night?

T-Dubbs
06-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Hopefully at some point restaurants will be able to serve infused food.. That would be awesome. Perhaps a private Beyond Chinese food night?

Maxboost??

NissanFanBoy
06-21-2018, 06:02 PM

I think you’ll see a small uptick in usage but in terms of things like DUIs the dumbasses that drive impaired don’t care about the legality of using weed.

So much fear mongering around the DUI aspect. When you break down the stats (at least from what I’ve seen) there is no measurable uptick in weed only related DUI charges. It’s always associated with drinking in the cause of impairment but the fear mongers skew the stat interpretations to ignore that fact.

So true, I'm still scared tell anyone at work, but I suspect I'mnot the only one. But after Oct 17 I'll befree to talk about it without fear of persecution lol although I'm neither successful or intelligent, but still function okay.

Star1995
06-21-2018, 06:35 PM
I wondering how long it will be before someone starts adding things like nicotine or caffeine to their products to get people addicted thus ensuring life long customers.

max_boost
06-21-2018, 07:13 PM
So true, I'm still scared tell anyone at work, but I suspect I'mnot the only one. But after Oct 17 I'll befree to talk about it without fear of persecution lol although I'm neither successful or intelligent, but still function okay.

lol Yes like when Trump got elected everyone came out of the woodwork. Just waiting for legalized prostitution now. :devil:

And yes, someone throw a weed party and I'll bring all the ginger beef and sweet and sour chicken balls over for a party. :clap:

Tik-Tok
06-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Even legalized, it's going to be a very taboo subject in my field. I'm going to stay with the prescription to keep it a little more legit, just in case. Maybe I'll stop with the script if they can actually produce a working "breathalyzer" type device.

blairtruck
06-22-2018, 06:21 AM
On the cannabis forums im on they said. Yesterday Saskatoon had a bunch of check stops set up testing with saliva testers for intoxication.

90_Shelby
06-22-2018, 07:10 AM

I disagree that there will be a sudden change in the perception of users with the upcoming legality. I also can’t see “successful and professional” users coming out, so to speak, with the legality. In my mind, legal or not, there is still the stereotypical stoner image that goes along with this drug and it doesn’t change with the legality.

On that note I have friends that are successful, white collar, lawyers etc. and I could be wrong about my thoughts. Currently, they smoke on occasion, don’t publicly announce it, don’t talk about it etc. They simply smoke a joint every once and awhile and obtain their pot from a dispensary for “medical” reasons. I don’t think any of their current behaviour has anything to do with legality but it will be interesting to see if i’m wrong.

Thaco
06-22-2018, 07:43 AM
I disagree that there will be a sudden change in the perception of users with the upcoming legality. I also can’t see “successful and professional” users coming out, so to speak, with the legality. In my mind, legal or not, there is still the stereotypical stoner image that goes along with this drug and it doesn’t change with the legality.

On that note I have friends that are successful, white collar, lawyers etc. and I could be wrong about my thoughts. Currently, they smoke on occasion, don’t publicly announce it, don’t talk about it etc. They simply smoke a joint every once and awhile and obtain their pot from a dispensary for “medical” reasons. I don’t think any of their current behaviour has anything to do with legality but it will be interesting to see if i’m wrong.

this... the stigma wont vanish in a day.... it still wont be socially acceptable, especially with regards to workplace relationships

ercchry
06-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Will be interesting to see the types of establishments that start to open up. I think it’s going to take a few high end eatery type places to start serving infused dishes to break down those stereotypes... really too bad they will not allow pot and alcohol sales together though as this will slow those efforts... an infused cocktail lounge would be fantastic to see and would go a long way if done correctly

R-Audi
06-22-2018, 08:50 AM
And yes, someone throw a weed party and I'll bring all the ginger beef and sweet and sour chicken balls over for a party. :clap:

You misunderstood.. I want you to cook the chinese food with weed IN IT! Ginger WEED beef. Sweet and Sour and WEED chicken balls.

J-hop
06-22-2018, 08:59 AM

Yea I don’t mean to suggest the perception will change overnight when it’s fully legalized but I do think people will be looser about talking about it which will eventually dissolve a lot of the stigma.

100 years of media brainwashing is hard to reverse quickly.

max_boost
06-22-2018, 09:16 AM
Oh god lol it’s weed and not thin white lines which is the true white collar recreational choice lol

CompletelyNumb
06-22-2018, 10:37 AM
Oh god lol it’s weed and not thin white lines which is the true white collar recreational choice lol

After a decade of being in oil and gas, which provided many opportunities to party with the white collar side of the coin, I can attest to blow being the drug of choice at all parties I attended.

Blue collar side were mostly just alcoholics.

blairtruck
06-22-2018, 02:57 PM
one of the stores listed on the AGLC website. Has had opening soon signs for months. Today i drove by and it had a flashing led sign saying OPEN. Hmmmmm