PDA

View Full Version : Which Jump Rope Should I Buy For Weight Loss?

Mar
06-22-2018, 01:23 PM
I see thousands on Amazon and I have no clue. I play hockey 3 times a week so my cardio is pretty good but I don't seem to be losing much weight. My diet is great, I think, but I'd like to lose 10 pounds. I've never jumped rope in my life so I need a beginner rope that is comfortable in my hands and effective for weight loss. Help, please.

G-ZUS
06-22-2018, 01:30 PM
I see thousands on Amazon and I have no clue. I play hockey 3 times a week so my cardio is pretty good but I don't seem to be losing much weight. My diet is great, I think, but I'd like to lose 10 pounds. I've never jumped rope in my life so I need a beginner rope that is comfortable in my hands and effective for weight loss. Help, please.

In4MarThread

ExtraSlow
06-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Waitlines are made in the kitchen not the gym.

But if you want to jump rope, I don't think you should overthink the purchase.

J-hop
06-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Actually a legit question, those $10 super light crappy ones suck ass for jumping rope. I would just go into sportcheck and try a few, try to get one with some decent weight to it. I like heavier ones with the small plastic handles. Many of the beefier ones have silly padded handles that have no feel

Buster
06-22-2018, 04:17 PM
https://www.roguecanada.ca/conditioning/jump-ropes

Mar
06-24-2018, 08:49 PM
https://www.roguecanada.ca/conditioning/jump-ropes

Any suggestions which one?

Sugarphreak
06-24-2018, 09:50 PM

Mar
06-25-2018, 08:51 AM
I think it is important that you select an appropriate rope that will work for you... some people might say that "Oh it is just a jump rope, and any rope can be a jump rope"... but that isn't true, that is complete bull shit from people that don't recognize jump roping for the serious exercise technique that it is. Not all ropes are made the same. The tensile strength, material layering, aesthetic coloring, wind resistance, and harmonics of the rope are nothing short of critical if you want to take professional jump roping seriously.

I'd highly recommended the Master of Blue jump rope
https://www.amazon.ca/Master-Blue-jump-rope-japan/dp/B004G09MAY/ref=sr_1_22?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1529898366&sr=1-22

Yes it is over four thousand dollars.... but if you are truly serious about getting into jump roping, this investment will pay off for you in the long run!

That's why I'm having such a hard time with it, I read all about how beginners shouldn't use the thin wire ones because they don't offer enough feedback for where the rope is in the rotation and the thicker ropes won't spin enough to give you a proper work out. You also need something that can repeatedly hit the ground and take the abuse so I want to get a beginner rope I can get the feedback from but not something that's going to shred from hitting the ground.

I had a good laugh from the link.

J-hop
06-25-2018, 09:19 AM
Haha he’s trolling. I agree don’t over think it but not all jump ropes are created equal. For Muay Thai that is one of the main warm ups and you quickly figure out which ropes are shit and they are annoying if you get stuck with them. Like I mentioned just pick up something with a decent weight to it, if you pick up a little kids light piece of crap you’re going to hate it and double unders are going to be near impossible