PDA

View Full Version : Pre-purchase inspection at 3rd party shop or Audi dealership?

rx7boi
06-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Hey fellas, I'm hoping to pick up a car this week, wanted to pick your brains about the PPI.

Should I bring the car for inspection at Royal Oak Audi or go to a shop like Riegel Tuning? Riegel was recommended by a close friend who used to work there, said they spend a good 2-3 hours inspecting the car from head to toe.

I saw the Hyundai inspection they gave to the seller when I sold my car, it was total shit. Felt bad that the guy had to pay $175 for it. Was hoping Royal Oak Audi would be different but I have no prior experience.

WWBD?

G-ZUS
06-24-2018, 10:31 PM
Tunedub

ducaudi
06-25-2018, 06:35 AM
Tunedub for sure.

Mitsu3000gt
06-25-2018, 02:48 PM
+1 for Tunedub. Nobody knows VW/Audi better and he is honest.

My understanding is that the typical dealership "150pt inspection" is done in under an hour and is entirely visual with little to no disassembly/testing. Same reason you find so many "certified" cars on used lots that have obvious issues.

rx7boi
06-25-2018, 03:47 PM
Roger that. Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the deal fell through so I'm back to looking again.

Will keep George/Tunedub in mind if I end up finding another Euro car I like.

jabjab
06-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Royal Oak Audi inspected my TT before purchased and missed alot of obvious things. I would suggest an independent specialty shop like Tunedub or Dr Dub