PDA

View Full Version : Chilli Goma

tonytiger55
06-25-2018, 01:41 PM
Anyone else a fan of the Chilli Goma at Shikiji..?

I wanted to try and make a similar version at home. So I used a youtube recipe and had a go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIdGMX65qM

I got some of the ingredients from the asian store A Mart on MacCloud Trail.

I used sesame seed oil and a dash of fish sauce.

I used a giant thumb size of ginger.
3 garlic gloves and a half a medium onion.
I used lean minced pork from Walmart($4), I used half a tray.

1 fat table spoon of that Asian fat chilli paste.
Three table spoons of Awase Miso paste.
Threw in some ground sesame seeds.
Table spoon of sugar and salt.
Table spoon of black pepper (I did not have white)
I had to pass on the Sake as er... I did not have any.
I used three quarters of 1L Chicken broth.
I threw in a giant portabellow mushroom..(I like mushrooms)

I tried added a semi boiled egg but I ballsed that up.

I made the noodles separate. I used the fresh stuff thats refrigerated in the store. I just added to boiling water. Rinsed and added to a bowl. Then added the soup mix after with a spring onion garnish... thats all I had.

It took about 30mins to make. Its tastes fucking amazing... taste Vs Chili Goma... Id say 80%-90% there. I am a food god!

So if you'er a broke ass like me but still want good tasting shit. Give it a go.

Will add a photo in a bit.. just ate too much. It was so good and I need to take a nap.

CompletelyNumb
06-26-2018, 10:48 PM
What was your cost on all that? One thing i always noticed about making my own Pho was that it was cheaper to go out if it's just one portion.

tonytiger55
06-27-2018, 02:16 PM
Good question.

Im not entirely sure. A lot of the ingredients I did not buy individually as they are staples in my fridge/pantry. For example I usually have a bag of onions, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, eggs, spring onions, salt and sugar etc.

The main cost were the things I don't usually keep like the tub of Miso, chilli paste, noodles. From memory I spent about $24, but I did not use all the ingredients. I got a load of mushrooms, spring onions, three/four portions of noodles, tub Miso etc left over. I still have half of the minced pork in the fridge.

The portion I made was enough to feed three people comfortably (or two very fat people). I have more than enough to make this again. Also I still have ingredients left over to make other dishes.

So if im making this dish only then yes its expensive and costs more. But a load of ingredient are left over that can be used for other stuff... So I guess its cheaper. :dunno: