PDA

View Full Version : 2018/2019 Ski and Snowboard Thread

D'z Nutz
06-27-2018, 06:46 PM
Sunshine season passes are out now
http://links.sunshinevilliage.mkt7704.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MzQ4Nzc4NDES1&r=NzI0OTYzNjA3MjQ3S0&j=MTMwMjY2OTY2NgS2&mt=1&rt=0

89coupe
06-27-2018, 10:18 PM
I bought our family ski pass again for the new season, only $669 crazy cheap.

Mys73ri0
06-29-2018, 11:07 PM
https://mountaincollective.com/

got that for the first time last year and got it again this year... hoping for another epic season

D'z Nutz
11-22-2018, 10:17 PM
Sunshine Super card on sale again for Black Friday/Cyber Monday
https://store.skibanff.com/2018-19-Sunshine-Super-Card-p/1819ssc.htm

taemo
11-22-2018, 10:23 PM
^sweet, thanks for the info.

hopefully I get to go at least once or twice this season

D'z Nutz
11-22-2018, 10:58 PM
^sweet, thanks for the info.

hopefully I get to go at least once or twice this season

I worked out the math and if you're only going 2 or 3 times, it's cheaper getting passes at costco. One or 4+ times, get the card. You can always sell the card to recoup your money too.

jacky4566
11-24-2018, 12:23 AM
You can still buy the Mountain Collective at par if any needs:
https://tmccanada.ltibooking.com/

Be heading out to sunshine this sunday. Super stoked for the season!

Mys73ri0
03-10-2019, 11:51 PM
Where do people recommend for staying at Revy?

Also, Ikon Epic and MC have all released their passes this year.

D'z Nutz
08-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Source Snowboards sale starts today.

https://www.sourceboards.com/summer-sale.html

Like waking up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing, the Winter 2020 season is a brewing and will be here before you can say, "I'll take a hot cup of that joe!" With that in mind, we at The Source Skate and Snow are blowing out all our Winter 2019 Snowboard gear to help you get prepared for the shred to come. Save up to 50% in-store and 40% online with code WINTER40 on ALL WINTER 2019 SNOWBOARD GEAR, and get yourself ready for first chair. Heck, with all the money you're saving, you'll be the one buying you and your crew the coffee for the road!

School days are right around the corner, and there isn't a better time than now to get fully kitted in some new threads for that first day back.
The GIANT Back to School Sale is here to help! With select clothing, footwear, and accessories up to 70% off in store, and 40% off online with code WINTER40, now is the time to save some money and look good doing it!

BavarianBeast
08-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Is there still a source warehouse or do you have to go to the actual store for the sale?

D'z Nutz
08-23-2019, 09:24 AM
Is there still a source warehouse or do you have to go to the actual store for the sale?

Sorry, forgot to include the link. I think it's just the stores now.

https://www.sourceboards.com/summer-sale.html

g-m
08-30-2019, 10:16 AM
Got my Fernie/KH pass and headed back to Jap in Feb!

cam_wmh
08-30-2019, 12:02 PM

There's always been a warehouse, but they haven't had a customer facing, liquidating outlet for about 5 or 6 years.

Also a shameless plug, for my snowboard stuff. Burton/Analog/Ak
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/410958-FS-Snowboard-Stuff-Burton-amp-Analog?p=4814088#post4814088

Got my Fernie/KH pass and headed back to Jap in Feb!

Where did you book your accommodations? I'm thinking of booking a 3rd trip over there shortly.

cam_wmh
09-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Headed Japan in Feb again too. Booked a small cabin with a couple friends this time, vs Moiwa/Black Diamond in years past.

g-m
09-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Booked Niseko park Lodge, I've stayed there before. It's kinda expensive but if you have a group it's not as bad per person. We got a Western room with 2 beds and private bathroom this time but I've stayed in Japanese style with private bathroom and it was fine with 3 people.

Location can't be beat. Accommodations are hard but if you've got a car and are willing to drive deals can be had. But then you miss night skiing, nightlife, and the restaurants. This will be my 4th time!

When are you there? We're Feb 10-17

cam_wmh
09-16-2019, 10:39 PM
Aiming for Feb 4-19
The cabin is near Moiwa, and yeah we’re renting a vehicle again. We’ve never had an issue driving for food etc; now we gotta kitchen, and my buddy is a reknowned chef, so I’m laughing haha. We’re 9 days with this cabin, and still have days to fill. Might stay in Asahikawa again, to chase northern pow. That town gets crushed with snow.
Asahidake was dope, but only got one day in. Wanna try Furano again, as the day we went top lifts were close due to winds.

Fuck I wanna do a month. Any northern resort suggestions?

Not much for nightlife, other than a pint or so. Fucking love having a beer in the Onsen after a day.

g-m
09-17-2019, 09:03 AM
We'll have to meet up for a lap!

Furano is awesome but you need to go oob even though they say you absolutely can't go oob. Otherwise it sucks, just some supergroomers and spandex. But the oob is fantastic. Tomamu is decent of you get a powder day but the terrain gets pretty boring. Again oob, you can see some good terrain that ends in the parking lot, then head up for some more!

Ruusutu is good, best terrain outside of Niseko for lift access. Kiroro was a bit tame as well and again oob. Asahi'dake was really tame imo and wouldn't go back. We summited the mountain and skied the chute but it's a long way to go and there are better true backcountry options all over the place with better terrain imo. Honshu has better terrain but I would rather ski Red Mountain, it's a long way to go for similar snow and terrain to what we can get with a short drive

cam_wmh
09-26-2019, 06:28 PM
We'll have to meet up for a lap!

Furano is awesome but you need to go oob even though they say you absolutely can't go oob. Otherwise it sucks, just some supergroomers and spandex. But the oob is fantastic. Tomamu is decent of you get a powder day but the terrain gets pretty boring. Again oob, you can see some good terrain that ends in the parking lot, then head up for some more!

Ruusutu is good, best terrain outside of Niseko for lift access. Kiroro was a bit tame as well and again oob. Asahi'dake was really tame imo and wouldn't go back. We summited the mountain and skied the chute but it's a long way to go and there are better true backcountry options all over the place with better terrain imo. Honshu has better terrain but I would rather ski Red Mountain, it's a long way to go for similar snow and terrain to what we can get with a short drive

I should've clarified, - I meant furthest north resorts on the island.

We're staying at a big apartment again in Asahikawa again for a week or so. Great value, and a decent town for apres'. You bet on laps. There's 3 of us for now, few more skids might crash

Asahi'dake, we got lucky with deep and blue bird, and found some fun lines skiers left. You're right its far stupid though. We did a couple small mom & pop type hills NE of Asahiwaka when it was absolutely fucking blasting, but they didn't open half their lifts, and shamefully I don't recall their names.
Kiroro, I actually love! Faves; the valley OoB between the two mountains, rolling over the top of Asari, and we splitted up the shoulder of Mt Yoshiwhatreverthefuckitscalled.

So of those you mentioned that I haven't been; Rusutsu is on the docket, and Tomamu/Honshu maybe.

Around Niseko, fucking love Moiwa, and need to spend more time at Hanazono.

asp integra
09-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Freshtival dates/lineup just announced