PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Austrian Grand Prix

rage2
07-01-2018, 08:46 AM
Everyone miss this one? :rofl:

Solid action. First double Mercedes mechanical retirement in a long time apparently. Last one was Italian GP of 1955. :eek:

tonytiger55
07-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Just read a brief race report.... Max won.. wtf...?

phreezee
07-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Watched it live. Most exciting race of the last 3 for sure. Most on track over takes that I can remember for some time now.
Transmission can't handle the added power of the engine upgrade on a short track that requires more rapid shifts?
Bottas must have felt better after Hamilton retired, but still little comfort.

Bad birthday for Daniel. 3 podiums in a row for Max is quite the accomplishment.

McLaren and Williams still abysmal.

schocker
07-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Good race overall. Never would I want to see the silver cars out of the race :devil:
Took me like 20 laps to realize verstappen had pitted though. Was thinking it was a veryyyyyy long stint. Good form by the top three though. Bottas just can't find any luck it seems this season and first points for grosjean! Charles in the points as always.

austic
07-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Great Race, but as a red bull fan I am biased. The one point difference really sets up for some exciting races coming up.

Curious who has the advantage at silver stone

eblend
07-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Great race, my third in 24 hours....I recorded the last two races but was in Russia for the world cup and purposefully kept away from F1 news, so watched all the races last night, and the one this morning.

Today's race was by far the most exciting in the last little while.

gmc72
07-03-2018, 08:32 AM
I was watching it this weekend, but I was in Spokane and as soon as Lebron signed with the Lakers, all thoughts of F1 went away. I checked back an hour later and they were still talking about the signing. I gave up.

cycosis
07-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Was a good one for sure. I have yet to see the tires degrade in a similar fashion across most teams for several years if my memory serves me right as it did this weekend with the left rear blistering in the middle. Was good to see tires going to shit to add some more suspense.

klumsy_tumbler
07-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Was a good one for sure. I have yet to see the tires degrade in a similar fashion across most teams for several years if my memory serves me right as it did this weekend with the left rear blistering in the middle. Was good to see tires going to shit to add some more suspense.

Yeah, I don't know how long Max could've held off Kimi and Seb with his tires like that after 50+ laps on those tires... definitely the best race in a while!

ganesh
07-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Sure it is a good race because Merc is finding new ways to loose races.

OTown
07-05-2018, 12:41 AM
Crazy race indeed. Nice to see Verstappen shut up his critics as he drove one a hell of a race. Nice to see both Mercedes on the side of the road - I have hated their domination throughout the last few years and am glad to see Ferrari and Redbull challenging them