PDA

View Full Version : Why didn’t the Rona truck cross the road?

TomcoPDR
07-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Cause it stuck under bridge :nut: :winter: :burnout:

https://image.ibb.co/frLinJ/219_D3521_0814_4_AFD_8_F02_00_B8_B1_A33_DF7.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/fLZLZy/01766_B32_E3_D3_4_FCF_B29_C_9345343179_F8.jpg

ExtraSlow
07-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Jeeze, they should put in height sensors and a big flashing sign or something to prevent this from happening.

ercchry
07-03-2018, 05:27 PM
So close! Next time just needs a little more speed :rofl:

lilmira
07-03-2018, 06:16 PM
I hope it’s not a delivery of measuring tapes.

J-hop
07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Always wondered, why don’t they air the tires right down and drive it out? I saw this happen at Northland mall when they first put the 2nd level parking lot up, could tell the guy only needed 2 inches but left the truck there for hours.

Black Gts
07-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Well that would make sense, there all sealed for delivery.

Funny story I was hauling a shack from Calgary north, had a particularly shitty drive for various reasons, knew I was fine and the fucking bridge in Leduc flashed at me saying load to high so I panicked and took the exit. Those fucking things don't tell you how to get back on the highway, didn't hit anything thankfully but I must have looked awesome splitting the gaps in the light standards with the peak of this building haha.

ExtraSlow
07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Always wondered, why don’t they air the tires right down and drive it out? I saw this happen at Northland mall when they first put the 2nd level parking lot up, could tell the guy only needed 2 inches but left the truck there for hours.

Works on a pickup truck. Anyone know if commercial truck tires can handle the low pressures?

adam c
07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
It’s probably already mostly compressed on the springs so not a lot of clearance would be gained

ExtraSlow
07-03-2018, 07:16 PM
It’s probably already mostly compressed on the springs so not a lot of clearance would be gainedSidewalls are like 8 inches high on those tires. Get half of that back and you'd be in business.

Mitsu3000gt
07-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Who the hell gets in a truck like that and doesn't find out how tall it is before driving? Or is the height of that bridge not marked maybe?

Anyway I agree - just let out half the air and get rolling.

killramos
07-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Who the hell gets in a truck like that and doesn't find out how tall it is before driving? Or is the height of that bridge not marked maybe?

Anyway I agree - just let out half the air and get rolling.

It’s marked with giant flashing signs and LCD’s telling you to stop if you are anywhere close to too tall on either side. You can see them in the picture. Easy detour with no height restriction a block to the south.

Guy shouldn’t be allowed to drive a commercial vehicle.

mzdspd
07-04-2018, 09:38 AM
It’s marked with giant flashing signs and LCD’s telling you to stop if you are anywhere close to too tall on either side. You can see them in the picture. Easy detour with no height restriction a block to the south.

This is like a monthly occurrence on the high level bridge in Edmonton. Huge flashing signs and warnings.. You can't fix stupid.

firebane
07-04-2018, 09:40 AM

According to the sign... 3.6m

The problem is that either the trucks aren't marked inside for how tall they are or the drivers aren't informed or trained.

I worked for a company once who always had new drivers and we put a giant ass sticker on the dash saying how tall the truck was empty.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-04-2018, 09:45 AM
It happens fairly regularly at that location as well (Center St bridge). Sometimes they do air down the tires and crawl out.

D'z Nutz
07-04-2018, 09:49 AM

The problem is that either the trucks aren't marked inside for how tall they are or the drivers aren't informed or trained.

I worked for a company once who always had new drivers and we put a giant ass sticker on the dash saying how tall the truck was empty.

Companies need to start hiring truck enthusiasts that would know this stuff.

EK 2.0
07-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Companies need to start hiring truck enthusiasts that would know this stuff.

But no one wants to pay to keep good employees around anymore....

J-hop
07-04-2018, 10:58 AM

I can totally see a company putting the max height in feet on their vehicles or something like that haha