PDA

View Full Version : First Supercharged 350Z in the city.

90_Shelby
03-26-2004, 06:47 PM
I figured some of you might like some pics of our newest project. This will definetly not be the first supercharged 350Z in the city.

P.S. Rage, let me know if you are cool with this post.:thumbsup:

90_Shelby
03-26-2004, 06:48 PM
:D

EK 2.0
03-26-2004, 06:49 PM
are you guys gonna use the STILLEN Kit??...or fab up some crazy ass S/C set-up??

90_Shelby
03-26-2004, 06:51 PM
:)Vortech supercharger kit, the highest quality supercharger kits available.

Redlyne_mr2
03-26-2004, 07:34 PM
It's a track pack as well ..the only way to go

Toms-Celica
03-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Why do I have a feeling that's Kennys new car? :confused:

three.eighteen.
03-26-2004, 08:01 PM
is that all the pipes in that one pic?!

90_Shelby
03-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
is that all the pipes in that one pic?!

No.

962 kid
03-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica

keep guessin ;)

kenny
03-27-2004, 12:22 AM

Lol.... its not white, so nope :) That car is also way too rich for my blood haha. :D

CKY
03-27-2004, 01:56 AM
any pics of the engine?? :hitit:

Toms-Celica
03-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Lol.... its not white, so nope :) That car is also way too rich for my blood haha. :D

I'm on to you and your game :D

eNeRgY
03-27-2004, 03:19 AM
thats not gonna be the first superchareged 350 cuz i see a lot of rich guys already super charge there 350 at my work even the convertable ones but its very fast man cuz my buddy at work installed one and test drove it, he said i was really fast..the guy he installed the super charger had a full cat back exhaust system...the super charger and labour cost about $10,000, and the cat back $2000 not including labour

googe
03-27-2004, 03:31 AM
that car would be awesome supercharged
N/A its kind of sub-par

i want one :D

Redlyne_mr2
03-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by eNeRgY
thats not gonna be the first superchareged 350 cuz i see a lot of rich guys already super charge there 350 at my work even the convertable ones but its very fast man cuz my buddy at work installed one and test drove it, he said i was really fast..the guy he installed the super charger had a full cat back exhaust system...the super charger and labour cost about $10,000, and the cat back $2000 not including labour
10K for the s/c and 2K for exhaust wow he got taken for a ride

Gondi Stylez
03-27-2004, 04:48 AM
:eek: that will be damn fast after!! be sure to post more pics!! esp. engine!! :burnout:

afchack
03-27-2004, 04:59 AM
lolo, a FMU, thats what you get for buying a kit.

Speed_Dreams
03-27-2004, 08:25 AM
post some dyno resulsts when that kits installed. In the SCC ultimate sports car challange the supercharged Z was slower than stock in the 1/4

Ben
03-27-2004, 01:11 PM
I was under the assumption that this was the first SC 350Z in Calgary:

taken last september

90_Shelby
03-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry, first centrifugal supercharged 350Z.

hjr
03-27-2004, 04:56 PM
haha, so the first properly s/c 350 then? haha, im sure some roots guy is gonna jump on this

Fluidic
03-27-2004, 06:58 PM
That black 350z is hot. Far better looking then the first one.

Ben
03-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it even had a Carbon hood to accomodate the Blower on top, looked incredible!

Phuqu
03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Does it matter which one is the first?

Well I guess it is only important when it's added to a sig.

eNeRgY
03-28-2004, 02:12 AM
<ben> hahaha yeah thats the black 350 that my friend had installed a super charger....but there one thing wrong with that 350 is that, that guy who owns it had droven into a big puddle and had sucked 3L's of water...he got lucky that he didn't wreck a 50k car!!:banghead:

90_Shelby
03-29-2004, 01:51 PM
We have an Infiniti G35 booked in for a blower aswell as of Saturday.

Hollywood
03-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
:)Vortech supercharger kit, the highest quality supercharger kits available.

High quality?

Rising rate fuel pressure regulator=Ghetto, especially when dealing a 45K+ car.

Here is a better option.It will have a proffessionally tuned ecu.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/newsImages/G35TURBOSEETHRUCAR2ndlayout.jpg

To update you on the JWT 350Z/G35 Twin Turbo system, we have completed development and are in the final tuning & emission cert. process. This system uses a pair of JWT 530BB Ball bearing turbos JWT presently offers for the Z32 TT. While the package is targeted at 400HP, the 530BB turbos are designed for 530HP, offering a lot more potential with internal engine mods. Check back here, as we get closer to the release. Thanks for your patience; we are sure it'll be worth the wait!

R-Audi
03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Thats some serious intercooling!

90_Shelby
03-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood

High quality?

Rising rate fuel pressure regulator=Ghetto, especially when dealing a 45K+ car.

Here is a better option.It will have a proffessionally tuned ecu.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/newsImages/G35TURBOSEETHRUCAR2ndlayout.jpg

To update you on the JWT 350Z/G35 Twin Turbo system, we have completed development and are in the final tuning &amp; emission cert. process. This system uses a pair of JWT 530BB Ball bearing turbos JWT presently offers for the Z32 TT. While the package is targeted at 400HP, the 530BB turbos are designed for 530HP, offering a lot more potential with internal engine mods. Check back here, as we get closer to the release. Thanks for your patience; we are sure it'll be worth the wait!

Whats that kit worth, installed?

Vortech=Quality.

When you've done as many forced induction installs as we have, you realize the quality and reliability of a reputable manufacturer.:thumbsup:

I'm speaking from experience, not an assumption. If you are concerned with the A/F ratio, feel free to cotact me and you can personally come down and witness the dyno runs.:thumbsup:

P.S. Whats a Viper GTS ACR worth?

Hollywood
03-30-2004, 01:06 AM

Whats that kit worth, installed?

Vortech=Quality.

When you've done as many forced induction installs as we have, you realize the quality and reliability of a reputable manufacturer.:thumbsup:

I'm speaking from experience, not an assumption. If you are concerned with the A/F ratio, feel free to cotact me and you can personally come down and witness the dyno runs.:thumbsup:

P.S. Whats a Viper GTS ACR worth?

Not sure what the kit is worth as it is still in development, will be more than the super charger kits I imagine.

I should restate what I said, it's not that I find Vortech is poor quality, just their choice in poor fuel management on a upper priced car like the 350z. Honda's you can get away with it cause a lot of kids can only afford so much.

If you can afford a 350z, and afford to mod it, the should be prepared to spend that little extra for a better way of fuel management to take care of your investment IMO. Dont take take it as me being a hater, you guys do nice work.

P.S. After I'm done tuning on toma's dyno, I need to make a dynojet run as well, I will call you guys when I'm ready, as I have never even seen the shop.

Toma
03-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Vortech has been hacking with FMU's forever. All the common supercharger stuff is FMU... PAxton, Whipple, Powerdyne etc.. it is crude, but it is cheap, no hassle, and works ok.

The blower in the black car looks like a whipple....if it is, it's not a roots blower, and is superior to the centrifugals in terms of efficiency and boost response. Its a Lysholm compresser, or autorotor. We are talking efficiency in the 85% range.

Inzane
03-31-2004, 01:23 PM
This will be the first supercharged 350Z in the city.

As already mentioned... nope, sorry. :poosie:

90_Shelby
04-06-2004, 03:19 PM
On the dyno today.........

90_Shelby
04-06-2004, 03:22 PM
FMIC

Toms-Celica
04-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Dyno sheets or STFU :D

EarthWake_Audio
04-06-2004, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben
I was under the assumption that this was the first SC 350Z in Calgary:

taken last september [/QUOTE

The black 350Z just got out from getting a full custom stereo install at soundsaround...man is it hot...that car is intense a good mix of show...and go!:thumbsup:

EarthWake_Audio
04-06-2004, 07:11 PM
the whole ass end is fiber glassed and packed with both audio and video...

90_Shelby
04-06-2004, 07:41 PM
It made over 100hp to the rear wheels from stock. And we still have to tune it. It's sitting at 335rwhp and should end up close to 350rwhp considering the tune up as it sits.

Toms-Celica
04-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Torque? HP peak @ what RPM?

Gripenfelter
04-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Thats awesome.

If I had a 350Z it would be supercharged/turbo'd.

90_Shelby
04-07-2004, 10:09 AM
340rwhp @6500 and 300ft/lbs @5000

Stock was 235rwhp and 235 ft/lbs.

rc2002
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
:eek: That's some sweet gains!

Is that thing going to Race City this season?

EarthWake_Audio
04-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
:eek: That's some sweet gains!

Is that thing going to Race City this season?

I think they better bring that thing out

sputnik
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM

Isnt he working on an S2000 right now?

90_Shelby
04-07-2004, 12:05 PM
It's a customers car so I have no idea if he will race it or not.:dunno:

P.S. It has an externally vented BOV and it sounds awesome when you let off.:bigpimp:

MM99lude
04-07-2004, 12:29 PM
hey 90_shelby, can u guys post a video of a dyno run??

we wanna see that thing screeeaaamm!!!

Toms-Celica
04-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Isnt he working on an S2000 right now?

I heard he is doing a Tauraus

Toms-Celica
04-08-2004, 04:52 PM
SPOTTED: At the Nissian dealership one 350Z Ragtop with raised hood with a Front Mount Intercooler :D

90_Shelby
04-08-2004, 06:38 PM
SPOTTED: At the Nissian dealership one 350Z Ragtop with raised hood with a Front Mount Intercooler :D

Thats at Brasso, I saw it yesterday when I was down there. It has a Stillen blower. The front mount is the radiator for the water to air intercooler under the intake manifold.

googe
05-05-2004, 08:20 PM
bump for a progress update :)

pinoyhero
05-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Whoa sweet!

90_Shelby
05-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, I didn't have time to snap pictures of it, but he was in today with his new 19" Racing Harts, A nice body colored spoiler and Stillen front lip. With the car being lowered and the slightly deep dish 6 spoke wheels the car almost looks like a Porsche, and it has the power to back it up. The car looks unreal!!!!! I'll snap pics next time he stops in.

We also just completed the Blower install on the 2 door Infiniti G35...................:thumbsup: Is this the first blown G35 in the city??

Inzane
06-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Well, I didn't have time to snap pictures of it, but he was in today with his new 19&quot; Racing Harts, A nice body colored spoiler and Stillen front lip. With the car being lowered and the slightly deep dish 6 spoke wheels the car almost looks like a Porsche, and it has the power to back it up. The car looks unreal!!!!! I'll snap pics next time he stops in.

Sounds like the car & owner I just met at our annual Z Club Show n' Shine here in Edmonton this past weekend. So his car was done in Calgary... ? I wasn't sure if he lived in Calgary or Red Deer, I had thought Red Deer. Seemed like a nice enough guy (John, right?). Also met his buddy with another modded 350Z.

So was he disappointed to learn that he WASN'T "the first supercharged 350Z in Calgary", as your beginning of this thread implied?

90_Shelby
06-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

Sounds like the car &amp; owner I just met at our annual Z Club Show n' Shine here in Edmonton this past weekend. So his car was done in Calgary... ? I wasn't sure if he lived in Calgary or Red Deer, I had thought Red Deer. Seemed like a nice enough guy (John, right?). Also met his buddy with another modded 350Z.

So was he disappointed to learn that he WASN'T &quot;the first supercharged 350Z in Calgary&quot;, as your beginning of this thread implied?

Yup, thats him. I don't think whether or not he was the first was ever a concern to him, nor was it mentioned. From what I've seen, his is the most powerful supercharged 350Z............ (Flame suit on.):angel:

Inzane
06-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I don't think whether or not he was the first was ever a concern to him, nor was it mentioned.

Haha... but YOU mentioned it. It was you (and your shop?) that made that claim at the start of this post, over SIX MONTHS after the real "first supercharged 350Z" was already displayed publicly at the biggest single gathering of Z enthusiasts in Calgary - The Calgary Z Club's annual Show n' Shine back in September.

I'm not knocking John's car, not at all. Its awesome. But the inadvertent false claim made in this thread was kinda funny 'cause everyone in the know in the local Z scene would already know the other car existed and would tell you "Uhh.. no its not".

No big deal, its just a little pie in the face for you, that's all. :tongue:

Cheers.

M_Power
06-10-2004, 03:06 PM

Haha... but YOU mentioned it. It was you (and your shop?) that made that claim at the start of this post, over SIX MONTHS after the real &quot;first supercharged 350Z&quot; was already displayed publicly at the biggest single gathering of Z enthusiasts in Calgary - The Calgary Z Club's annual Show n' Shine back in September.

I'm not knocking John's car, not at all. Its awesome. But the inadvertent false claim made in this thread was kinda funny 'cause everyone in the know in the local Z scene would already know the other car existed and would tell you &quot;Uhh.. no its not&quot;.

Cheers.
WTF? it was an innocent comment, dont be a prick about it. im sorry were all not "in the know" like you and your superior Z owners seem to be.

BumpinTalon
06-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by M_Power

WTF? it was an innocent comment, dont be a prick about it. im sorry were all not &quot;in the know&quot; like you and your superior Z owners seem to be.

Well put.
Very very nice car though. I'd be more excited to see one with turbo power though :D

Hollywood
06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
"YEA, Im the first triple turbo 350z in the fucking solar system YEA!"

...."you've got mail....YEA!"

:drama: :whocares:

90_Shelby
06-10-2004, 11:24 PM

Haha... but YOU mentioned it. It was you (and your shop?) that made that claim at the start of this post, over SIX MONTHS after the real &quot;first supercharged 350Z&quot; was already displayed publicly at the biggest single gathering of Z enthusiasts in Calgary - The Calgary Z Club's annual Show n' Shine back in September.

I'm not knocking John's car, not at all. Its awesome. But the inadvertent false claim made in this thread was kinda funny 'cause everyone in the know in the local Z scene would already know the other car existed and would tell you &quot;Uhh.. no its not&quot;.

Cheers.

No big Deal Hey?

:drama:

P.S. I beg for the Z communitys acceptance of my most sincere apologies. I am dirt, and I promise I will check with the Z community before any and all further notions towards their vehicles. Some day, oh some day I wish to be "in the know.":D :D ;)

Inzane
06-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by M_Power

WTF? it was an innocent comment, dont be a prick about it. im sorry were all not &quot;in the know&quot; like you and your superior Z owners seem to be.

WTF is with you? I wasn't being a prick about it. Do my smily and cheers at the end of the post not count for anything? Can I not poke a little fun at something?

Sure it likely was an innocent comment. But just as often in the car scene in Alberta (as small a market as it is) you also can often come across many braggarts.. If I happen to know something on a given topic I will call a person on their claims... there's no harm in that.

Inzane
06-11-2004, 08:57 AM
No big Deal Hey?

Yeah, no big deal. Obviously my comments were not well received.

Ridelikeme
06-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

10K for the s/c and 2K for exhaust wow he got taken for a ride
man i was looken at special edition borla titanium exhaust for the 350z and g35 and it was right around 2 grand... im pretty sure it was borla anyways, it was dual catback, it may have encluded headers too though... hmmm

Originally posted by eNeRgY
&lt;ben&gt; hahaha yeah thats the black 350 that my friend had installed a super charger....but there one thing wrong with that 350 is that, that guy who owns it had droven into a big puddle and had sucked 3L's of water...he got lucky that he didn't wreck a 50k car!!:banghead:

man... u spell like a 8 year old with adhd... go take your dexx' and sit in a quiet corner