PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to win the World Cup..?

tonytiger55
07-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Its the last four...

France
Belgium
Croatia and
ENGLAND

In my other thread I have been neutral and honest.... but lets see what everyone else thinks..
Who is going to do it..?

Brent.ff
07-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Hoping for Belgium at this point. Great team to watch. Liked Mbappe before his stupid dive last game

GOnSHO
07-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Its the last eight...

France
Belgium
Croatia and
ENGLAND

Last 4 you mean??

HAHA this one is gonna be tough to call, all great teams, attacking style is a bit different for each team as well.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-09-2018, 12:10 PM
By all rational measures, I should say France is going to take it all.

However, IT'S COMING HOME

msommers
07-09-2018, 12:48 PM
I really want England to win, solely as a social experiment. Coupled with the potential for a CO2 shortage -- the country might implode and they'll Brexit twice.

C4S
07-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Mist likely the winner of France/Belgium...

Love to see England win... But slim chance...

tonytiger55
07-09-2018, 02:47 PM
You wankers! Who da hell is selecting options 3 and 5..!!

Swank
07-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Who da hell is selecting option 5..!!
If I had to guess I'd say native Canadians.

colsankey
07-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Soccer's just not that interesting to watch... even at this level :drama:

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Soccer's just not that interesting to watch... even at this level :drama:

It's literally the worst thing ever, I just don't get it. Oh well, go Croatia!

C4S
07-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Biggest sport event, 3.7billiin people watch, (half) but I guess Canadian just don't get it....

No one (white dude) cares nor knows what is going on at work.. only ONE...One co worker asked me about world Cup > " Oh World Cup? ..Is soccer? (Man, it is football...) how is Manchester United doing?

Well....Calgary....

Aleks
07-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Biggest sport event, 3.7billiin people watch, (half) but I guess Canadian just don't get it....

No one (white dude) cares nor knows what is going on at work.. only ONE...One co worker asked me about world Cup > " Oh World Cup? ..Is soccer? (Man, it is football...) how is Manchester United doing?

Well....Calgary....

I think it's because Canadian national team is so bad at it. If Canada was terrible at hockey and didn't even qualify for any tournaments or Olympics, if NHL didn't exist, would anyone really watch hockey games here? I doubt it.

Bladeh
07-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Well France won! 4 years to the next one in Qatar who do I put my money on? England again probably not as we will still be crying out for better players in 4 years as we do every tournament, the Premier League is killing the English team slowly every year.

No one really cares about the World Cup in Canada as much as no one really cares for American sports outside Canada/USA, I'd never even heard of the CFL until I moved to Canada, I watched some NFL in the 80's but mostly it was basketball as Michael Jordan was a mega star, never watched a hockey game until the Olympics of 88' then not again until a new UK Channel 5 started showing the Stanley Cup in the early hours of the morning sometime around 2000.... I just can't get in to hockey, I tried to watch some games for the hockey pool at work but I find it boring and can never workout who scores until the replay. American sports are built for TV to sell commercial space, its just a different culture of sport in Europe and the rest of the world.