PDA

View Full Version : Hoyme Damper?

nzwasp
07-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Anyone got this installed? any ballpark estimate of cost to install ie how do i know whats a good price.

We have a 2 story 2000 square foot home, once furnace.

ianmcc
07-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Why not install one yourself? It's a couple of sheetmetal screws and some 24 VAC wires.
Read through this and see if you can follow.

https://www.hoyme.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106&Itemid=122
I did my own when we first built our house. Best money spent aside from a natural gas BBQ line

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-10-2018, 09:40 AM
What exactly are they for?

jeffh
07-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Its for folks who (usually) have a low or mid efficient furnace and gravity vented hot water tanks. Its to make the combustion air pot/terminal not continually dump cold air into the furnace room. This damper only opens when the gas valves open up.

nzwasp
07-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Turns out I wanted a zone control system and an extra thermostat. The manufacturer is my employer but they don’t give us any discounts on our own hardware :rolleyes:

eblend
07-10-2018, 01:02 PM
I installed one myself last winter, found it for cheap on Kijiji. The relay in it was dead I came to find out, so contacted the seller and he gave me like $60 off in etranfer for the trouble, was a $5 relay I bought in store and just resoldered it in. Think my cost came out to $50, does what it says it does, opens when heating only, made a big difference in my furnace room.