PDA

View Full Version : Energy Efficiency Alberta

NissanFanBoy
07-11-2018, 09:32 PM
I never signed up for this program but apparently my wife did. We got a letter in the mail saying we can qualify to receive "the free installation of LED light bulbs, low flow showerheads, smart thermostats and more"....anybody get this? Our house is 2016 build and we paid extra for led bulbs, this was before I heard of this program, but I would like the smart thermostat so I can monitor temps in the winter when we're away from the house....am I crazy and am I reading this right? Do they provide the thermostat, the wording only says "free installation", sounds like a dumb question I know but you never know...

Also, for those of you that got this program, what other free stuff can you get?

schocker
07-11-2018, 09:59 PM
My parents got a Nest E, some power bars, sink/shower things and some LED bulbs. Rebates still exist but you don't get it for free like this. Remember it's not really free though.......

BerserkerCatSplat
07-11-2018, 10:29 PM
I never signed up for this program but apparently my wife did. We got a letter in the mail saying we can qualify to receive "the free installation of LED light bulbs, low flow showerheads, smart thermostats and more"....anybody get this? Our house is 2016 build and we paid extra for led bulbs, this was before I heard of this program, but I would like the smart thermostat so I can monitor temps in the winter when we're away from the house....am I crazy and am I reading this right? Do they provide the thermostat, the wording only says "free installation", sounds like a dumb question I know but you never know...

Also, for those of you that got this program, what other free stuff can you get?

They will provide and install a free smart thermostat, but only if you currently have a basic, non-programmable thermostat installed.

Tik-Tok
07-12-2018, 03:33 AM
They will provide and install a free smart thermostat, but only if you currently have a basic, non-programmable thermostat installed.

And FYI a non-programmable thermostat is only $10 at any hardware store....

Lex350
07-12-2018, 05:32 AM
I had this done. 89 light bulbs replaced in the house. They put in a Nest thermostat and I got a couple of "smart" power bars. I declined those low flow shower heads.