PDA

View Full Version : Cochrane Centex - Breaking Fuel Pumps

jwslam
07-19-2018, 01:04 PM
https://www.cochraneeagle.com/article/faulty-gas-at-centex-leads-to-car-breakdowns-20180719

Faulty gas at Centex leads to car breakdowns

BY AMY TUCKER (https://www.cochraneeagle.com/article/author/amytucker) JUL 19, 2018
The newly opened Centex gas station in Bearspaw is off to a rough start after multiple drivers experienced car troubles after filling up with gas.
On Thursday, the Centex shut its doors after multiple complaints of faulty gas that caused cars to work slowly or not at all.
The owner, Rahim Jooma, said they’ve sent the gas to a lab to determine the problem. On Tuesday, Jooma said all of the gas stations gas has been switched out.
“We’re still waiting on the lab test to make sure it’s 100 per cent right before we open,” Jooma said. “We’re going to make sure that everything goes right.”
Jooma added that anyone who filled up at the Centex and is experiencing problems with their car to give him a call but so far, he’s grateful that everyone has been fairly understanding.
In the meantime, drivers who filled up at the gas station are left frustrated with car issues.
Matt Denney said his wife filled up their 2012 Ford Escape last Thursday morning and the car hasn’t been the same since.
“It started acting funny, it didn’t have any power. It would kind of shake and stall out and stop,” Denney said.
“When it was low in the RPM it didn’t really have any power to get up to start moving, it had to be in a really high gear.”

Anne Foley said she filled up her tank on Saturday and by Monday evening her 2013 Toyota Sienna engine light came on and her cruise control died.
“I spent roughly $700 getting a diagnostic,” she said. “My vehicle is still not running right, I’m actually taking it back to Toyota. Now that they’ve had so many people having the same issue, they’re going to drain the tank and flush it all out.”
Barry Knobbe, a mechanic at Don’t Panic Mechanic in Cochrane, already had a few customers drop by his shop after having problems with their cars as a result of filling up from the Centex. He said he suspects a moisture problem with the fuel.
“Something’s wrong – it’s a brand new gas station. Either they’ve got lousy fuel delivered from whoever manufactured it or there’s something wrong with the tank they have in the ground,” Knobbe said.
There is a range of symptoms that drivers might notice, Knobbe explained.
“Some of the vehicles have been running pretty rough to running very poorly. And then you get to the extreme point like I have here with these vehicles that don’t run anymore, the fuel pumps themselves are burnt out,” Knobbe said.
“The fuel essentially acts as a lubricant and it cools it. These pumps are designed to pump fuel not water so the pump will basically overheat and seize.”
Knobbe estimated that costs to repair damage from fuel problems can be upwards of $2,000.
The Centex is hoping to be back in business as soon as lab results determine their new gas is clean.

Damage to vehicles caused by the faulty gas is expected to be paid for by Centex.
“We talked to head office and they will,” Jooma said.

rage2
07-19-2018, 01:06 PM
20% water, 20% extra profit.

killramos
07-19-2018, 01:11 PM
#centex

dirtsniffer
07-19-2018, 01:14 PM
$700 to diagnose the problem.. hahah fucking people are such suckers.

NissanFanBoy
07-19-2018, 01:22 PM
I'm one of those people that won't even get gas from Costco...I wonder how unfounded my suspicions are?

ExtraSlow
07-19-2018, 01:34 PM
High volume stations are always your best bet, so usually Costco and centex are fine. Suspect the tanks weren't cleaned properly prior to initial fill.

revelations
07-19-2018, 01:40 PM
For small volume, anything very new or very old should be considered suspect. High volume is also a good sign of a good product - or at least as close as the refinery allows.

J-hop
07-19-2018, 01:42 PM
20% water, 20% extra profit.

Damn beat me to it. I remember back in the day there were beyonders that actually thought Centex watered down their gas, chemistry is hard

killramos
07-19-2018, 01:44 PM
“Back in the day”

Didn’t centex only become a thing in the last 5 years or so?

Darell_n
07-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Word of advice: don't ever buy fuel from any new station. The first tank was probably 1/4 full with pipe dope still.

J-hop
07-19-2018, 01:50 PM
“Back in the day”

Didn’t centex only become a thing in the last 5 years or so?

What do you mean? Hasn’t the Centex on 16th ave across from north hill been there for 20+ years???

killramos
07-19-2018, 01:53 PM
For some reason I feel like it used to be called something else? Like centex bought them all up or something 5 or 6 years ago?

Was it fas gas?

I’m probably wrong...

J-hop
07-19-2018, 02:02 PM
For some reason I feel like it used to be called something else? Like centex bought them all up or something 5 or 6 years ago?

Was it fas gas?

I’m probably wrong...

Could be right, I just remember that one in particular people claimed regularly that they mixed water into the gas on purpose to boost profits lol.

Mitsu3000gt
07-19-2018, 02:04 PM
I suspect issues are rare everywhere, but I only ever fill up at high volume Shell stations because I am scared of things like this. No problems yet, but I have no idea if my diligence is worth it or not. Most of the gas comes from the same places.

The only time I have heard of people having issues was with the Indian Reserve gas stations.

Buster
07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
The supply behind gas stations narrows considerably. People argue about the relative quality of gas, when it all comes from the same couple of places.

rage2
07-19-2018, 02:15 PM
Shell. Co-Op. Canadian Tire.

The last of the ethanol free stations.

HiSpec
07-19-2018, 02:34 PM

I heard Costco's fuel is supplied by Shell. Legit?

killramos
07-19-2018, 02:36 PM
I think costco’s fuel is supplied by the lowest bidder, sometimes it’s from scotford (shell) sometimes it’s not.

ExtraSlow
07-19-2018, 02:36 PM
I heard Costco's fuel is supplied by Shell. Legit?Costco buys from a variety of sources. Probably some of it is shell.

HHURICANE1
07-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Shell is only "real" gas for the Ultra. Regular is up to 10% and mid is up to 5% ethanol. I just checked the other day.

killramos
07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
It’s posted right on the pump.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Been chooching along fine on Shell from various stations and towns around the province in my Corvette, but I put CO-OP diesel in my Golf generally and whatever is easiest to access in my company vehicles which hasn’t bit me yet. I did have a fuel pump on a relatively low mileage truck shit the bed after filling up at a gas station in Provost earlier this year, not sure if that was bad fuel or what.

J-hop
07-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Been chooching along fine on Shell from various stations and towns around the province in my Corvette, but I put CO-OP diesel in my Golf generally and whatever is easiest to access in my company vehicles which hasn’t bit me yet. I did have a fuel pump on a relatively low mileage truck shit the bed after filling up at a gas station in Provost earlier this year, not sure if that was bad fuel or what.

I know the article said fuel pumps but I’m trying to think how?? I think all cars have pre-pump filters so it’s not particulates

HiTempguy1
07-19-2018, 08:19 PM
but I put CO-OP diesel in my Golf generally

Diesel is diesel, I've tried every gas station under the sun, the none of the duramaxes have ever cared. Gas quality is a completely different story though.

As for fuel pumps shitting the bed... everyone always blames the fuel. It's rarely the fuel.

What I'm guessing happened is there was a lot of water in the storage tank for some reason, the tank got ran low, and then was filled with gas and lots of people pumped right after. While the gas and water normally would separate, it takes time in a huge tank and you reasonably could get quite a bit of water. Add to that that the water settles to the bottom of the gas tank where the pickup is, and voila, toast.

I like how the one woman was quoted as her "cruise control not working" :rofl: I suppose if the vehicle was in limp mode that could be a thing, but $700 for diagnostics? Give me a break.

dj_rice
07-19-2018, 09:00 PM
What does bad fuel have to do with that ladys cruise control going out? I've been buying gas from Superstore for all my cars for years. No issues.

J-hop
07-19-2018, 09:05 PM
What does bad fuel have to do with that ladys cruise control going out? I've been buying gas from Superstore for all my cars for years. No issues.

As hitemp mentioned a car in limp mode (potentially caused by misfires?) would likely disable cruise.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-19-2018, 09:14 PM
I know the article said fuel pumps but I’m trying to think how?? I think all cars have pre-pump filters so it’s not particulates

More so diesels, the fuel lubricates the pumps in some cases I’m pretty sure.

muse017
07-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Centex gets their fuel from either Shell or Esso Rack in Edmonton.

Tik-Tok
07-19-2018, 10:02 PM
Could be right, I just remember that one in particular people claimed regularly that they mixed water into the gas on purpose to boost profits lol.

Now they do it with ethanol and call it being "environmentally friendly" :rofl: Like that one station offering E85, but is charging more than regular :nut:

For premium, sure, for regular only Co-Op has no ethanol.

ercchry
07-19-2018, 10:03 PM

Use to hear that about the station on the reserve way back when

Black Gts
07-19-2018, 10:22 PM
Now they do it with ethanol and call it being "environmentally friendly" :rofl: Like that one station offering E85, but is charging more than regular :nut:

Which station is that? I was in the mid west usa last year and was tempted to try it, but it was the same price and I was already getting trash mileage from the heavy blended fuel there. It was the same price, as far as I can tell it's like making your car vegan just because.

Tik-Tok
07-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Some no name place on 17th ave. It has a greek souvlaki restaurant attached to it. Just west of crowchild.

10 whole extra hp on flexfuel engines, with only 80% of the mileage, and costs even more, lol.

never
07-20-2018, 12:18 AM
Some no name place on 17th ave. It has a greek souvlaki restaurant attached to it. Just west of crowchild.

10 whole extra hp on flexfuel engines, with only 80% of the mileage, and costs even more, lol.

But if your car is built for ethanol, there’s a HUGE power potential over pump gas. It’s basically cheap race gas with better cooling properties.

J-hop
07-20-2018, 06:33 AM
Use to hear that about the station on the reserve way back when

Sounds like a lot of people failed basic junior high chemistry.

firebane
07-20-2018, 06:39 AM

According to this.. Safeway and Co-Op

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AB

HiTempguy1
07-20-2018, 07:05 AM
Sounds like a lot of people failed basic junior high chemistry.

Exactly :rofl: Lots of people in this thread need to take some gas and water and "mix" them together.

Now, if someone said they were mixing more ethanol in, that would certainly pad profits a good deal, most cars would run worse as they aren't tuned for e15-e20, and you'd get worse mpg.

killramos
07-20-2018, 07:07 AM
Centex gets their fuel from either Shell or Esso Rack in Edmonton.

Almost certainly esso then, because Centex’s 91 is full of ethanol.

HiTempguy1
07-20-2018, 07:09 AM

Well then they are breaking the law, so I doubt it. The rules are pretty clear, ethanol must comprise a total of 5% of gas sales volume. Hence regular "may contain up to 10%" and premium has none at certain brands. Additionally, you'd be crazy not to put 10% ethanol in your gas as wholesale ethanol is much cheaper than wholesale gas.

Most people are too dumb to notice the difference between an ethanol premium and a non-ethanol premium.

Edit

Almost certainly esso then, because Centex’s 91 is full of ethanol.

Just curious as to how you came to this conclusion?

killramos
07-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Exactly :rofl: Lots of people in this thread need to take some gas and water and "mix" them together.

Now, if someone said they were mixing more ethanol in, that would certainly pad profits a good deal, most cars would run worse as they aren't tuned for e15-e20, and you'd get worse mpg.

If the gas is full of ethanol it will definitely mix with a fair amount of water.

Since I don’t know what I’m taking about, http://www.fuel-testers.com/remove_water_gas.html

J-hop
07-20-2018, 07:27 AM
If the gas is full of ethanol it will definitely mix with a fair amount of water.

Since I don’t know what I’m taking about, http://www.fuel-testers.com/remove_water_gas.html

That link states 2-3 teaspoons of water will phase separate an entire gallon of e10, that’s 0.4% by volume. They’re talking about natural absorption from the air not someone purposely putting water in. Not saying you were even remotely suggesting this, that was just what we were referring to/laughing about (people thinking it’s possible to get a garden hose and ‘mix’ water in)

Hi temps not suggesting it couldn’t have water contamination but the idea a station would ‘mix’ water into the fuel is absolutely ridiculously positively asinine

Edit: that actually could be an explaination, condensation in the tank, ethanol bonds to the water molecules and drops out of solution (and sinks). First people to pump would get a mixture of gas and ethanol bonded to water molecules sludge.

Lex350
07-20-2018, 08:09 AM
I only ever run Shell premium in my car.

HiTempguy1
07-20-2018, 08:22 AM

Never did I claim otherwise? Way to go making up an argument though. I asked you how you "knew" centex was "full" of ethanol (whatever that means, such precise language :rofl: ) Not if it was "full" of water.

Tik-Tok
07-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Well then they are breaking the law, so I doubt it. The rules are pretty clear, ethanol must comprise a total of 5% of gas sales volume. Hence regular "may contain up to 10%" and premium has none at certain brands. Additionally, you'd be crazy not to put 10% ethanol in your gas as wholesale ethanol is much cheaper than wholesale gas.

Fuel producers and importers are required to average 5% renewable, not required at the pump. Coop has it's own refinery and sells the ethanol mix to other companies while selling the ethanol free stuff for itself. Of course this may have changed by now, but as of 2015 it was true.

dirtsniffer
07-20-2018, 08:30 AM
which station is that? I was in the mid west usa last year and was tempted to try it, but it was the same price and i was already getting trash mileage from the heavy blended fuel there. It was the same price, as far as i can tell it's like making your car vegan just because.

moar power!

assuming you're ecm can utilise it

rage2
07-20-2018, 08:42 AM
Fuel producers and importers are required to average 5% renewable, not required at the pump. Coop has it's own refinery and sells the ethanol mix to other companies while selling the ethanol free stuff for itself. Of course this may have changed by now, but as of 2015 it was true.

Ethanol free was why I first started going to co-op, the cherry is full service especially in winter. Their car wash is awesome too. I've been going to co-op for over 10 years now haha.

87 and 89 definitely has some ethanol it in. Here's the latest.

http://crs.coopconnection.ca/files/PetroSpecs-GASOLINE.pdf

Tik-Tok
07-20-2018, 08:49 AM
Ethanol free was why I first started going to co-op, the cherry is full service especially in winter. Their car wash is awesome too. I've been going to co-op for over 10 years now haha.

Note the numbers range though, 0-10%, not every Co-Op station in AB/SK is ethanol free, but Calgary is (or was... I should just call and ask)

J-hop
07-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Can someone explain ‘top tier’ gas. A lot of people say “Costco sells top tier gas” like it is an adjective (marketing guys are certainly laughing their asses off at that) but it’s just a branding. What I can’t figure out and hoping someone can explain, is it an actual supplier or just s company that rubber stamps gasoline suppliers that put detergents in that meet their standard?

HiTempguy1
07-20-2018, 08:59 AM
Fuel producers and importers are required to average 5% renewable, not required at the pump. Coop has it's own refinery and sells the ethanol mix to other companies while selling the ethanol free stuff for itself. ]

Semantics when there are essentially very few privately owned, non-franchise gas stations in Alberta (especially in the major cities). As the franchises have to purchase from their respective brands, defacto up to 10% ethanol is basically the standard.

Coop had a loophole, FasGas/Parkland may have as well. You can in theory get ethanol free 87 fuel from any gas station depending on a variety of reasons, but its extremely unlikely.

killramos
07-20-2018, 09:06 AM
Top tier is a third party cert that ensure a certain level of additives.

As for Centex and ethanol, they tell you right on the pump that their 91 contains ethanol. That’s how I “came to that conclusion”.

J-hop
07-20-2018, 09:13 AM

As for Centex and ethanol, they tell you right on the pump that their 91 contains ethanol. That’s how I “came to that conclusion”.

That’s what I figured it essentially it means absolutely nothing about the source or quality of the gasoline just means someone dumped top tier’s prescribed cocktail of additives into it.

killramos
07-20-2018, 09:14 AM
Yea that's my understanding, whether or not the additives matter is up to you really. Lots of people love the chevron with techron.

J-hop
07-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Yea that's my understanding, whether or not the additives matter is up to you really. Lots of people love the chevron with techron.

Yea my position is I don’t know, it’s impossible to find true 3rd party testing and hilariously when you look at the valve carbon buildup comparison tests (for example) when you read the fine print they almost always are testing gasoline with additives to a competitor’s gasoline with ethanol. An elementary student can tell you that you aren’t properly setting up controls for the results to be anything but worthless

never
07-20-2018, 09:33 AM

10% is “full of ethanol”??

killramos
07-20-2018, 09:40 AM
yes?

never
07-20-2018, 09:46 AM
yes?

No. I have a car in the garage that has about 93% ethanol in it right now...I’d say that fuel is full of ethanol.

killramos
07-20-2018, 09:56 AM
No. I have a car in the garage that has about 93% ethanol in it right now...I’d say that fuel is full of ethanol.

Congratulations. You should toss that fuel in your road car!

Do you feel the same way about allowable diesel levels in a gas car? :facepalm:

never
07-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Congratulations. You should toss that fuel in your road car!

Do you feel the same way about allowable diesel levels in a gas car? :facepalm:

It is a street car...gets driven 85 km each way to work, among other driving. Vehicles can work very well with mostly ethanol so my comment was just highlighting that 10% is not a large proportion of ethanol. They won’t work with a large (or any) proportion of it being diesel so that’s an irrelevant comparison.

ExtraSlow
07-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Congratulations to both of you. You each feel smug and superior to the other, and you both proved nothing, and you both look infantile for this argument.

never
07-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Congratulations to both of you. You each feel smug and superior to the other, and you both proved nothing, and you both look infantile for this argument.

Perfect, mission accomplished!

lilmira
07-26-2018, 07:17 AM
ESSO in Ogden too
https://globalnews.ca/news/4353657/gas-mix-up-calgary-esso-drivers-diesel/

J-hop
07-26-2018, 07:33 AM
ESSO in Ogden too

Youch, now that’s a dumb mistake!

firebane
07-26-2018, 07:41 AM
ESSO in Ogden too

LOL this part is hilarious...

“Now I’m really leery in filling up with gas stations, especially ones that I haven’t filled up with before. This isn’t one that I formally fill up with, so I think it’s once again, buyer beware,” Wright said.

bjstare
07-26-2018, 08:05 AM
Better to wind up with diesel in a gas engine than the other way around.

revelations
07-26-2018, 08:23 AM
LOL this part is hilarious...

“Now I’m really leery in filling up with gas stations, especially ones that I haven’t filled up with before. This isn’t one that I formally fill up with, so I think it’s once again, buyer beware,” Wright said.

Like holy shit, diesel smells a lot different than gas. Also, even your 'fav' gas station can make a mistake.

killramos
07-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Like anyone who is absent mindedly filling up with gas would notice the gas pump is full of diesel by the smell, how much gas do you usually spill lol :rolleyes:

lasimmon
07-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Like anyone who is absent mindedly filling up with gas would notice the gas pump is full of diesel by the smell, how much gas do you usually spill lol :rolleyes:

I dunno, I usually taste my gas a little before filling to ensure purity. Similar to cocaine.

killramos
07-26-2018, 08:42 AM
My bad, carry on :rofl:

J-hop
07-26-2018, 09:29 AM

Depends if I’m by myself or with my crew rollin in my bronco

ercchry
07-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Why is a body shop doing mechanical work?

This use to happen allllllll the time when idiot workers and customers would combine at the old full service station I worked at in high school... usually a pretty quick and easy fix

mr2mike
07-26-2018, 09:52 AM
I didn't know beyond had so many members with Ph.D.'s in Organic Chemistry.

J-hop
07-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Why is a body shop doing mechanical work?

This use to happen allllllll the time when idiot workers and customers would combine at the old full service station I worked at in high school... usually a pretty quick and easy fix

How is that possible though, I could be wrong but pretty sure you can’t even get a diesel nozzle into a gasoline car??

Only way this would ever happen is if the station tank was filled with diesel.

Gasoline to diesel car happens all the time though

revelations
07-26-2018, 10:55 AM

I notice the gas smell each and every time. Same with diesel when I was filling up company trucks. I can tell the difference between pump gas and 100LL. And none of this is extraordinary.

never
07-26-2018, 12:08 PM
Depends if I’m by myself or with my crew rollin in my bronco

When I'm sipping orange mocha frappuccinos with the boys, shit can get crazy!

lilmira
07-26-2018, 12:11 PM
nice lol

NissanFanBoy
07-26-2018, 12:43 PM
So Esso downtown was giving people diesel instead of premium...

suntan
07-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Whoa, I'm going to go to Co-op next time I fill up and take a look at the pump. Cool if they have 0% ethanol regular. Curious to see how the ol' Fiesta runs on that.

mr2mike
07-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Like holy shit, diesel smells a lot different than gas. Also, even your 'fav' gas station can make a mistake.
That's why you gotta go to the source... Color gas FTW!

dj_rice
07-26-2018, 02:04 PM
ESSO in Ogden too

The reporter is a babeee :hitit:

Mitsu3000gt
07-26-2018, 03:00 PM

That full service is unfortunately also why you see so many of those little spoilers just above the rear windows on SUV's scratched to hell - when they wash the windows they don't GAF what else the squeegee scraps against.

rage2
07-26-2018, 03:49 PM
That full service is unfortunately also why you see so many of those little spoilers just above the rear windows on SUV's scratched to hell - when they wash the windows they don't GAF what else the squeegee scraps against.
I tell them not to do my windows since I’m car washing anyways. They love me there.

ercchry
07-26-2018, 04:47 PM
How is that possible though, I could be wrong but pretty sure you can’t even get a diesel nozzle into a gasoline car??

Only way this would ever happen is if the station tank was filled with diesel.

Gasoline to diesel car happens all the time though

Diesel and premium shared a pump (those old school two nozzle ones)... I’m not exaggerating about idiots. I’d watch customers go to the wrong side of their car 3x in a row before giving up and leaving... I was one of the few young, part timers. Most staff were lifers... and this was prime “boom” time, when it only took a pulse to get a $100k rig job, these people rather put in 60hr weeks for $7/hr :rofl:

Yeah... so much stupidity, not as bad as my fist full time job though when I was on a roof replacing commercial nat gas pipes... when I smelled raw gas to turn around and see the stupidest person I have to this day ever met... cutting threw a live line with a sawsall

J-hop
07-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Diesel and premium shared a pump (those old school two nozzle ones)... I’m not exaggerating about idiots. I’d watch customers go to the wrong side of their car 3x in a row before giving up and leaving... I was one of the few young, part timers. Most staff were lifers... and this was prime “boom” time, when it only took a pulse to get a $100k rig job, these people rather put in 60hr weeks for $7/hr :rofl:

Yeah... so much stupidity, not as bad as my fist full time job though when I was on a roof replacing commercial nat gas pipes... when I smelled raw gas to turn around and see the stupidest person I have to this day ever met... cutting threw a live line with a sawsall
Oh god that sounds like a perfect recipe for disaster

Tik-Tok
07-26-2018, 10:16 PM
I dunno, I usually taste my gas a little before filling to ensure purity. Similar to cocaine.

Unleaded tastes a little tangy, supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

killramos
07-27-2018, 08:23 AM
^:rofl:

dj_rice
07-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Unleaded tastes a little tangy, supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

ao7HjbhABAM

Swank
07-27-2018, 10:36 AM

:rofl: oh that made my day.

Look at them...that's gas sickness.

SKR
07-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Only wack suckas like Cory and Trevor steal gas.

suntan
08-08-2018, 09:47 AM
So I put Co-op 87 into my Santa Fe XL. Looks like I got slightly better fuel economy on the tank. I refilled last night and went down to Lakeview this morning, got incredible mileage (7.8L/100km).

ShermanEF9
08-09-2018, 06:09 PM
So I put Co-op 87 into my Santa Fe XL. Looks like I got slightly better fuel economy on the tank. I refilled last night and went down to Lakeview this morning, got incredible mileage (7.8L/100km).

theres far too many factors to say that gasoline was the only reason that happened.

Tik-Tok
08-09-2018, 07:22 PM
theres far too many factors to say that gasoline was the only reason that happened.

Except its accurate. No ethanol means better fuel economy. Period.

revelations
08-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Except its accurate. No ethanol means better fuel economy. Period.

Um, how about traffic, weather, routes taken, tire pressure, etc..... were they ALL equal for the two tanks?

Tik-Tok
08-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Um, how about traffic, weather, routes taken, tire pressure, etc..... were they ALL equal for the two tanks?

Doesn't matter in context to my statement. You will always get better mileage without ethanol in your gas.

heavyD
08-12-2018, 12:16 PM

I have been using the Hamptons co-op for years now to fill my wife's Outback and the car wash is IMO the best of the touchless. I still use Shell 91 exclusively for my car.

suntan
08-12-2018, 01:10 PM

No, you're absolutely correct. It's only a slight improvement in mileage I'm getting though overall (10.2 => 10 L/100KM).