PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy marijuana in Calgary (Oct 17)

ZenOps
07-20-2018, 10:27 AM
So I noticed there is a store selling it opening up where a Starbucks is closing down.

I do like a gourmet cup of coffee, but at that price - getting half a gram is much higher on my list of priorities.

max_boost
07-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Resident expert Sorath knows

Brent.ff
07-20-2018, 10:36 AM
There's a newleaf opening in Deer Run next to the mcdonalds and KFC.. get your munchies here. Exactly one store away from the liquor store to meet the bylaw

sabad66
07-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Weedmaps app for local or reddit.com/r/canadianmoms for mail order

D'z Nutz
07-20-2018, 11:16 AM
reddit.com/r/canadianmoms

I went there expecting a group of stay at home mom's growing pot and selling them online to keep busy, like Etsy but with pot :rofl:

NissanFanBoy
07-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Any good buffets to hit it after taking a few hits??? Maybe there's one close to MaxBoost's restaurant? Within walking distance? I've actually wondered about this, will buffets raise their prices? I eat A LOT when I'm stoned but never been to a buffet after...

ndhal417
07-20-2018, 12:03 PM
There's store opening on the corner on 10th and Memorial in the space where no bar can survive.

lasimmon
07-20-2018, 12:57 PM
There's store opening on the corner on 10th and Memorial in the space where no bar can survive.

And about 7 other stores opening within 2 blocks.

suntan
07-20-2018, 04:05 PM

Local 420?

hurrdurr
07-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Any good buffets to hit it after taking a few hits??? Maybe there's one close to MaxBoost's restaurant? Within walking distance? I've actually wondered about this, will buffets raise their prices? I eat A LOT when I'm stoned but never been to a buffet after...

Got stoned before hitting Bachhanal At Caesars in Vegas. Jesus ruined the night, felt so sick had to go back to the hotel and just lay down lmao

max_boost
07-20-2018, 07:25 PM
You guys are monsters haha I just like to get baked, chill to some EDM and then crash haha

NissanFanBoy
07-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Got stoned before hitting Bachhanal At Caesars in Vegas. Jesus ruined the night, felt so sick had to go back to the hotel and just lay down lmao

Did you just get too high or was it too much food lol...

Maxboost, this is why I'm gonna like legalization, then I can buy specific strains that won't make me hungry.

ercchry
07-21-2018, 05:42 PM

Maxboost, this is why I'm gonna like legalization, then I can buy specific strains that won't make me hungry.

Im pretty confident those do not exist :rofl:

hurrdurr
07-23-2018, 09:18 AM

Oh definitely because too much food. I had two other buddies who have done it since then too - Same thing happened. The spread is unreal, impossible not to overdo it lmao

Im pretty confident those do not exist :rofl:

There are some that cause you to have less of an appetite but i think for me a lot of it is psychological, I always get high to eat food at it's best. SMH terrible

saiyajin
07-24-2018, 06:18 PM
opening one at Banana Jaks :drama:

R-Audi
07-25-2018, 09:17 AM
I dont think any actual licenses have been given out yet.. any advertised shops are simply hoping that they get one. (and taking a major risk with their real estate)

BavarianBeast
07-25-2018, 07:32 PM
I was chatting to a buddy the other day and he purchased buds from a company called Cannamobile here in Calgary. Phoned in his order and some lady delivered it to his door in an hour.

sabad66
07-26-2018, 10:49 AM
I was chatting to a buddy the other day and he purchased buds from a company called Cannamobile here in Calgary. Phoned in his order and some lady delivered it to his door in an hour.

They are on of the delivery companies listed on weedmaps. Cannamobile looks like one of the better ones with a 4.8 rating

What a time to be alive :poosie::D

austic
07-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Used Cana Mobile and Canada weed direct. October just means you can go into a store to get what either comes to you by delivery or in the mail.

max_boost
07-26-2018, 07:08 PM
What a time to be alive :poosie::D

haha RIGHT! :D

dirtsniffer
07-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Why is this in Food and Dining?

ZenOps
07-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Noone said you had to smoke it, its arguably one the hardest spices to properly prepare.

MYEQaTG0WX8

Like other seeds that contain oil, you can easily burn it. Much more difficult than coffee.

ercchry
07-29-2018, 11:35 AM
I wish they would allow exemptions to the “no booze and weed in the same business” ...would make for some fun dining experiences. But liquor sales are a massive part of revenue

brandon
07-29-2018, 11:46 AM
I dont think any actual licenses have been given out yet.. any advertised shops are simply hoping that they get one. (and taking a major risk with their real estate)

licensing is done in many steps with inspections and audits happening throughout the build process, you can get your license if you pass all regulation, but aglc is still making changes to their frame work as this happens.

List of recent applications can be found on the AGLC

https://aglc.ca/sites/aglc.ca/files/aglc_files/CannabisLicenceApplications-2018-07-27.pdf

They are expecting around 450 stores throughout Alberta for the first year.

revelations
07-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Man, this is such a cool time to be around. Weed is legit now so other rec drugs (like pure MDMA and LSD) might start becoming socialized in the same way weed was.

R-Audi
07-30-2018, 08:52 AM
licensing is done in many steps with inspections and audits happening throughout the build process, you can get your license if you pass all regulation, but aglc is still making changes to their frame work as this happens.

List of recent applications can be found on the AGLC

https://aglc.ca/sites/aglc.ca/files/aglc_files/CannabisLicenceApplications-2018-07-27.pdf

They are expecting around 450 stores throughout Alberta for the first year.

Saw today on Twitter that Calgary is starting to go through the accept/reject on license applications starting today...

ZenOps
07-31-2018, 07:06 AM
What worries me is that if you toast it and use it in/like normal wheat flour how quickly will it lose its efficacy? Most people who consume it usually preserve it in a 100% alcohol or encapsulate it in a fat, like butter. I mean, flour has a half decent shelf life - but finished bread goes stale in a matter of days.

And its not like you can eat a whole loaf of Cannabread. Realistically when used in a gummy bear or chocolate square at "standard" preparation, one square or one gummy bear is usually considered a single dose sufficient for the day (or night as it may be).

Even though technically you can grow weed just like wheat ($140 per ton) given slightly warmer growing conditions - But that's another story.

"I'm going to live to be a thousand years old"

Strider
08-01-2018, 10:03 AM
City of Calgary map
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Scripts/land-use-bylaw/cannabis-store-info-map.html

Mobile friendly Google maps layer
https://fusiontables.googleusercontent.com/embedviz?q=select+col4+from+10NO-7qlfTi0HJQOd_wYm47UMpY8ynsho8K4U4V8N&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=51.023176125137596&lng=-113.9252534660618&t=1&z=11&l=col4&y=2&tmplt=3&hml=GEOCODABLE