PDA

View Full Version : Finding a replacement Laptop fan locally

spikerS
07-22-2018, 10:43 AM
SO Baygirl's laptop has been making a lot of noise lately, sounds like the exhaust fan has bit the dust and is making retardedly loud and kinda grinding noises. I took it apart last night in a bid to fix it, and cleaned and rebuilt the fan. Didn't find any nubs or anything on the stator or magnets anywhere... but cleaned it, but a tiny bit of oil on the fan's shaft and it seemed to work for 2 mins, then right back to noise city.

the fan part number is sps-813946-001 and i find it pretty easily if I drop the "sps-" at the beginning when searching on the web. I am wondering if anyhwere locally might have this before I try having it brougt in from China...

Anyone have any suggestions?

The_Penguin
07-22-2018, 11:03 AM
HP fan module? Can you get it apart further to get at just the fan? It may be a standard fan that's more readily available than the HP part with the bracket etc.

revelations
07-22-2018, 11:07 AM
All you need is the same size fan and same # of connecting pins - assuming its not some weird OEM contraption. You could then try local stores like MRO or B&E or Active.

spikerS
07-22-2018, 11:56 AM
yeah, i got right down to the fan after cracking the housing open, but the circuitry is integrated right into the housing, so I think I need to do a OEM solution on this one.

AndyL
07-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Newegg lists it?

There's a Kijiji guy or 12 who offer to repair laptops - could always ask one of them if they have parts.

4 wire, so no electronics inside, similar to an RC brushless. Just 2 coil pairs.

I've got a couple HP's in my dead laptop pile - what model?