PDA

View Full Version : Would you take this deal? Harley trade for C10

Skrilla
07-30-2018, 08:37 AM
So I received an offer on the weekend for one of my bikes. The bike is a 14 Wide Glide, 6000kms, has a pile of extras. Truck is a 81 C10 short box, 454 punched out, all the usual goodies, body is a 9/10, really no rust from what I can tell looking at it (small bubble on inside drivers door sill). I would love another C10, and they seem to be only going up in value/holding value. Truck seems mechanically very sound, goes like snot, no major leaks. Carb could use adjusting, just small typical big block stuff. I am really struggling with this one. The paint scheme is very different, I like it, but its different. Sorry the ad was taken down so I don't have a pic:banghead:

I looked online, wide glides are anywhere from 13-17k in that area for the year/mileage, and C10 trucks are all over the map. Clean shorties seem to be going for 13-20k.

thoughts?

ExtraSlow
07-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Would you spend $15k of your own cash for that truck? If not, then it's not a good deal. I personally hate trades.

spikerS
07-30-2018, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't do it, but that is just me. My alarm bells go off when people offer to trade me, I am always worried they are trying to trade me their problems or crap that has a hidden major problem that you won't discover until 2 months down the road and you have zero recourse.

If you sold your bike right now, and got $15k for it, would you honestly start looking to go out and buy a C10 tomorrow? If not, don't do the trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you spend $15k of your own cash for that truck? If not, then it's not a good deal. I personally hate trades.

What he said. lol

Skrilla
07-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Damn, you guys are probably right. I seen the truck for sale for $16,000. I have been planning on selling my bike and we got chatting and he said he would take it off my hands. I can't say for certain I would buy that specific truck for 15k, but I am looking for a C10.

Buster
07-30-2018, 09:24 AM
I love trades!

I trade you something you want, and you trade me cash.

SkiBum5.0
07-30-2018, 11:14 AM
I'd take a hard look at that trade. You are trading a toy (albeit a nice one) with a limited market, in exchange for a truck where the market is strong. I'd get a paint gauge and measure for bondo and rust. That will give you a sense of what shape it's really in. Then you get your C10, and don't have to deal with selling a HD at the end of summer.