PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Washer Leak and Rip in the Gasket

Jerms
08-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good Appliance repair company. I currently have a leak in the front dispenser (slow leak, water will dispense but very slowly) of my Maytag Washer and upon inspection, have a small rip in the gasket. I'm thinking that something may have slipped through the gasket and clogged the dispenser. I've called around for a couple quotes but just seeing if anyone in the Beyond community could help. Thanks for looking!

Jerms

triplep
08-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Is the leak at the bottom of the front door? I had a leak before and all we needed to do to get it to stop from leaking was to give the bottom of the door a good scrub and remove the build up that was there which was causing a leak. If you haven't tried that yet, I would give that a shot first maybe.

benyl
08-09-2018, 12:55 PM
I've replaced the front door gasket on my own. It was pretty straight forward. might want to try it yourself.

craigcd
08-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Look on youtube- there will be a easy how to video.

TRD_YOTA
08-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Some gaskets require a spring tool to remove the metal spring that holds the gasket in. I have one if you need to borrow it. If you need it beware those springs are bastards! Make sure your kids are out while your swap it because there will be swear words!