PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Dodge Ram mechanic to pull codes and do Out of Province

snoop101
08-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Good day all

My father from BC gave me his 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Everything is mint on it with only 126,000 km on it (I know very low).
That said the ABS and ebrake light is on. After a lot of research it's a common issue. I order a scanner and the rear wheel speed sensor which is usually the issue.
The scanner was not able to read the abs codes for those years (I know I should have read the website) and after installing the sensor the lights were still on.

Can anyone recommend a shop that will pull the codes for a small charge?
Also has anyone used InspectaCAR? I hear they are pretty good because they wont try to up sell you.

Honestly I want to get it registered and sell it. The truck is way to big for anything that I would ever use.

snoop101
08-16-2018, 07:41 AM
Ok I found a few places, but InspectaCAR says they will do the inspection and give me the codes. Then I have 10 days to fix it and show it to them.

I might as well do that, but wow is Alberta strict. the AC has to be working which I find funny.

ExtraSlow
08-16-2018, 07:47 AM
There's lots of beyonder who can pull codes for you for free. I can give you the generic ones.

Maxt
08-16-2018, 09:51 AM
On my 2006, it will show some chassis codes with the 3 key flick check. Bad wheel speed sensor and brake switch showed up on the key flick.

snoop101
08-16-2018, 10:35 AM
I do have a BlueDriver which is awesome, but does not pull the enhanced codes like ABS light.

I did try the Key way of doing it, by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds then on and off 3 times. It does its thing, but no codes for the ABS. Could be because its a 2001.

i think i'll just schedule to go in and start the inspection and then get them to give me the codes. I got to get an AC kit though as it sounds like the AC has to blow cold air for it to pass.

HHURICANE1
08-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Check the wiring. Not uncommon for the wires to break or the connector to corrode.