PDA

View Full Version : ‘SO SCARE’ - synonymous with Douchebag?

Pages : [1] 2

born2workoncars
08-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Can we rid the streets of ´SO SCARE’ goofs? Seems like the stickers are synonymous with shitty driving, attention seeking behaviour and poorly modified shitboxes. Cringeworthy car culture.

Had the pleasure of being cut off by a red Mazda3 doubling the limit on glenmore during rush hour. Looked to be a Walmart spec build with all the fixings. I’ve had a few encounters with cars sporting these stickers and it seems the prerequisites are low intelligence and a membership to the Church of the FastNFurious. I’d be embarassed if I had started this brand - embraced and represented by absolute hurtbags.

Maybe the future of driverless cars isn’t such a bad thing.

Discuss!

max_boost
08-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Interesting. Will keep an eye out to see what this is all about. I don't get road rage anymore so I am okay as long as they aren't hitting me. The good thing about Canada is we have enough SJWs to take care of things :D

ExtraSlow
08-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Never seen the stickers, but then again, nobody cuts me off, and I'm pretty mellow these days. Looked it up and this is what I can find:

https://www.soscare.co

SO SCARE is an up and coming car culture brand that wants to see the car scene grow as a respectful community, rather than a hateful one. Track, stance, drift, drag, lifted, lowered; many builds, one common passion. No right or wrong, to each their own. Each automobile is a canvas to let your inner mind and creativity run free.

Thanks for being apart of the journey. Inspire // Appreciate

SO SCARE SOCIAL CLUB

Est. Nov 30 2016 | Calgary, AB, Canada

rage2
08-17-2018, 09:07 PM
There’s a subie in Arbour lake with the stickers. If anything, I’m upset he’s not fast enough always blocking me. SO SLOW.

ExtraSlow
08-17-2018, 09:15 PM
Would you say he's extra slow?

Thaco
08-17-2018, 09:35 PM
yeah its big in the highschools, its supposed to be a sticker that basically tells people you dont 'give a shit what they think, its your car, its the right message, the wrong attitude.

Sugarphreak
08-17-2018, 10:27 PM

Maxt
08-18-2018, 07:07 AM
I've seen the cars with the stickers, but wasn't totally sure what it was about... I wonder if they have a secret handshaked or do they flash digits at each other.... Lame anyway...

Mista Bob
08-18-2018, 07:39 AM
Ooooh..... Saw a car driving around awhile ago, with a big windshield banner on the bottom of windshield "SO SCARF".

Guess the hood/wiper/window curvature covered the bottom of the E. Makes slightly more sense now, I guess.

jdmXSI
08-18-2018, 10:44 AM
Would you say he's extra slow?

with your photo, that made me lol

I just saw the decal for the 1st time a couple days ago on an Acura. The guy was definitely driving like a dbag cutting in and out of traffic just to end up in the same place...

ExtraSlow
08-18-2018, 11:33 AM
with your photo, that made me lol. yusss!

Sugarphreak
08-18-2018, 12:16 PM

Maxx Mazda
08-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Agreed. See these stickers all over the place on everything from FRS’ssssssss to rusted out sunfires. Don’t get it. The guy who started it is trying to get rich of his brand I think.

Are these guys related to “illmotion” or whatever it was back in the day?

speedog
08-18-2018, 03:47 PM
What's amusing is the a fair chunk of beyond members would've been all over this 10-20 years ago. Face it, you're all getting long in the tooth and some of you are skaking your fists at the clouds as well.

ExtraSlow
08-18-2018, 03:58 PM
What's amusing is the a fair chunk of beyond members would've been all over this 10-20 years ago. Face it, you're all getting long in the tooth and some of you are skaking your fists at the clouds as well.

Agreed. "kids these days and thier stupid fads....."

born2workoncars
08-19-2018, 03:01 PM

I don’t care if kids want to dump money turning their four figure cars into attention seeking machines, but when they start driving like pricks it changes my tune. My fast cars have always been whisper quiet and OEM plus, I prefer flying under the radar. If I’m gonna be a hooligan, it won’t be in the public eye. Even 10 years ago in my late teens, I wouldn’t be the one doing burnouts and reviving on 17th.

I realized that people are putting their Instagram handles right on the car. Painfully cringeworthy. I doubt most of this crowd could change a tire, let alone modify their own cars. Seems like the most important aspect of this culture is getting ‘likes’ and attention.

max_boost
08-19-2018, 04:21 PM

nah man lol that's just you

rest of us are still young

speedog
08-19-2018, 04:22 PM
I don’t care if kids want to dump money turning their four figure cars into attention seeking machines, but when they start driving like pricks it changes my tune. My fast cars have always been whisper quiet and OEM plus, I prefer flying under the radar. If I’m gonna be a hooligan, it won’t be in the public eye. Even 10 years ago in my late teens, I wouldn’t be the one doing burnouts and reviving on 17th.

I realized that people are putting their Instagram handles right on the car. Painfully cringeworthy. I doubt most of this crowd could change a tire, let alone modify their own cars. Seems like the most important aspect of this culture is getting ‘likes’ and attention.

Times are a changing, I have a Facebook account but very rarely access it, never use the chat function but recently I had someone get a little upset because I wasn't aware of something that was going to be happening in their life - FFS they had posted some event on Facebook and I hadn't responded because I just do not use that platform. My wife, she just uses the chat feature on her phone but not the main program and as such, as unaware as well.

People putting their Instagram handles and such on their ride, just something that has become socially acceptable or the norm for some now.

Sentry
08-19-2018, 08:06 PM
I have never seen one of those stickers that wasn't on a plastidipped shitbox. So Scare is by and large barlow kids in their stock ass slow ass cars.

speedog
08-19-2018, 08:17 PM
I have never seen one of those stickers that wasn't on a plastidipped shitbox. So Scare is by and large barlow kids in their stock ass slow ass cars.

Dunno, ivevcseen the stickers on some nice looking 4x4's as well as tastefully modded VW's and Subarus.

infamous
08-20-2018, 07:58 AM

this has been my experience as well......

Homerrca
08-20-2018, 08:06 AM
It's time to get off the SO SCARE craze and move on to the SO WHAT trend lol

88CRX
08-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Are these guys related to “illmotion” or whatever it was back in the day?

Why would they be related to illmotion?

infamous
08-20-2018, 09:03 AM

maybe they had an "illmotion" which caused them to be "SO SCARE"?

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-20-2018, 09:14 AM
Yeah, not sure why SO SCARE, which IIRC is a US based fad is related to illmotion, which is a local thing that tries to keep things classy.
Also, you can't really control what people that buy your merch do.

ExtraSlow
08-20-2018, 09:17 AM
Yeah, not sure why SO SCARE, which IIRC is a US based fad is related to illmotion, which is a local thing that tries to keep things classy.
So scare, established November 2016, Calgary Alberta Canada.

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-20-2018, 09:21 AM
So scare, established November 2016, Calgary Alberta Canada.

Oh good.
Oh, and it's a facebook group.

Classy.

https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/204692060/product_image.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

BerserkerCatSplat
08-20-2018, 09:29 AM

Illmotion is a Calgary-based car-culture group that focuses primarily on the import car scene, promoting its brand primarily by Web presence, stickers, and apparel.

So Scare is a Calgary-based car-culture group that focuses primarily on the import car scene, promoting its brand primarily by Web presence, stickers, and apparel.

I know what you're saying, and anyone familiar with illmotion knows they have nothing to do with So Scare (apart from perhaps some shared membership) but your average layperson isn't going to draw a distinction between which stickers are on the car.

ExtraSlow
08-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Don't know why people are hating so hard on this particular group. As a middle aged "not a car guy" this looks on par with every other "lifestyle brand" and "enthusiasts group" in that it seems to be about stickers and attempting to differentiate yourself by showing how well you belong.

I'm not into it, but I'm also not into illmotion, monster energy or anything else that revolves around projecting an image through my automobile.

:drama:

Shlade
08-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Younger kids having fun and driving like dicks. We all used to do it. We’re just all getting old here and don’t understand the changing car scene anymore haha.

Maxx Mazda
08-20-2018, 11:35 AM
Illmotion is a Calgary-based car-culture group that focuses primarily on the import car scene, promoting its brand primarily by Web presence, stickers, and apparel.

So Scare is a Calgary-based car-culture group that focuses primarily on the import car scene, promoting its brand primarily by Web presence, stickers, and apparel.

I know what you're saying, and anyone familiar with illmotion knows they have nothing to do with So Scare (apart from perhaps some shared membership) but your average layperson isn't going to draw a distinction between which stickers are on the car.

That’s sorta what I was getting at. I don’t know much about either group, apart from seeing their respective stickers on cars.

Wasn’t there a thread here a couple days ago about some illmotion guy driving like a douche too?

88CRX
08-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Fixed:

Illmotion is a Calgary-based group of friends that focus on putting on a kick as car show once a year (it actually went down yesterday and was a huge success with 500 cars). They also happen to huck some decals and t-shirts which helps to pay for said car show. 100% of all proceeds of decals/shirts/show goes to charity.

Yesterday:
https://i.imgur.com/k1eB6FT.jpg

I have no idea who or what So Scare is.

And the association by sticker is an odd subject on this forum lol. I also have no idea about todays sticker-car culture-lifestyle groups but what do I know... I'm just some old fart yelling at kids with stickers all over their car to drive like civilized humans like the rest of you guys.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Man, look at all those assholes double parked like douchebags.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Fixed: Illmotion is a Calgary-based group of friends that focus on putting on a kick as car show once a year (it actually went down yesterday and was a huge success with 500 cars). They also happen to huck some decals and t-shirts which helps to pay for said car show. 100% of all proceeds of decals/shirts/show goes to charity.

I know that. You know that. A good portion of Beyonders know that. The folks that show up to Sunday School know that. But all those groups combined are a drop in the bucket compared to the general masses whose interaction with illmotion or So Scare will be "I saw a car with a bunch of stickers on it one time." It's easy to see how people would assume illmotion and So Scare were related in some fashion. Not that it matters much.

And hey, most car clubs don't even have stickers, so you've got that going for you. ;) Also, your club's name isn't a dated internet reference, that's plus.

born2workoncars
08-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Again, I don’t care if these kids modify their cars to seek attention.

When they drive obnoxiously loud cars in public environments and drive like pricks in populated areas, it starts to unnecessarily affect others. Nobody wants to hear your hurtbag exhaust on 17th. Nobody thinks your burnout infront of ship is sweet. Maybe if this kids car club preached modesty and respect, it wouldn’t garner so much hate.

Little research online - founder is bragging how the proceeds go to his mortgage payment. Illmotion was never my thing, but at least they’re doing something positive.

Sugarphreak
08-20-2018, 01:05 PM

flipstah
08-20-2018, 01:15 PM
How does a car club help you buy a house?

For me they generally make me broke, lol

Down payment funded by decals?

max_boost
08-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Great work illMotion for the Sunday School. As for no scare lol

Sugarphreak
08-20-2018, 02:38 PM

J-D
08-20-2018, 10:30 PM
I saw a couple finance repos go through the auction with these stickers :clap:

Dalking
08-21-2018, 03:33 AM
These goofs are just as bad as the fucc bois running around with video cameras out screaming I'M AN AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIAST YOUTUBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kijho
08-21-2018, 03:04 PM
These goofs are just as bad as the fucc bois running around with video cameras out screaming I'M AN AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIAST YOUTUBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dunno:

96integra
08-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Never heard of this brand until this thread. Next day I saw a car with a giant SO SCARE decal across the windshield and loud exhaust ....yup driving like a douche!

Sugarphreak
08-21-2018, 10:01 PM

max_boost
08-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Ya man. That decal is massive.

googe
08-22-2018, 09:45 PM

I feel like the type of person who would adopt a nonsensical dumbass slogan like "so scare" is roughly the same as one who would use a phrase like "fucc boi" :rofl:

"Fuckboy" already sounds dumb, but to take the step of making one's self sound extra effeminate by spelling it "fucc" and "boi" really puts it over the top.

I remember No Fear / No Surrender was popular back in the day, which to an adult hindsight is super cheesy, but that's still miles better than "So Scare". Shit doesn't even make sense. Sigh, this generation do not seem promising :facepalm:

LUDELVR
08-22-2018, 10:12 PM
I remember No Fear / No Surrender was popular back in the day, which to an adult hindsight is super cheesy, but that's still miles better than "So Scare". Shit doesn't even make sense. Sigh, this generation do not seem promising :facepalm:

I once dated a girl who had a "No Fear" tattoo on her ass...it made me think twice before delving in.

TomcoPDR
08-22-2018, 10:18 PM
I once dated a girl who had a "No Fear" tattoo on her ass...it made me think twice before delving in.

Did you fear?

rage2
08-22-2018, 11:11 PM
Did you fear?
It’s Leo you’re talking about here. The think twice process lasted all of 2 seconds.

TomcoPDR
08-22-2018, 11:30 PM
It’s Leo you’re talking about here. The think twice process lasted all of 2 seconds.

So true :werd: Hope he'll be able to pass his knowledge and tactics to his son. The survival of Ask Leo v2.0 depends on it.

austic
08-23-2018, 08:36 AM
Seems beyond is getting a little long in the tooth. Back in our day we thought body kits, fart cans, imports and underglow were the coolest thing ever with the fast and the furious movie (The OG one not the new rock ones).

Now we are all old driving German sedans bitching about the kids with the fart cans and decals.

Lets face it we are old.

flipstah
08-23-2018, 08:44 AM
Seems beyond is getting a little long in the tooth. Back in our day we thought body kits, fart cans, imports and underglow were the coolest thing ever with the fast and the furious movie (The OG one not the new rock ones).

Now we are all old driving German sedans bitching about the kids with the fart cans and decals.

Lets face it we are old.

Who you callin German

https://www.marveloptics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/squinting.jpg

ExtraSlow
08-23-2018, 08:44 AM

Lets face it we are old.

100% this.

EK 2.0
08-23-2018, 12:17 PM

Lets face it we are old.

I have NO contention with the "kids" rolling around with fart cans and decals....I still have my EK....But I feel the issue we have is the sheer stupidity of their road prowess....

Yes, I totally did some sketch and stupid things in my youth...we all did...But I feel like the time and places I chose were far better picked than the masses of these tools today...and their ages are irrelevant...I have seen newbie drivers on up to older people haha...

firebane
08-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Saw one of their home boys down in Shawnessy... Vividly remember the "So Scare" on the front windshield.

revelations
08-23-2018, 04:44 PM
Yea this is a fad, like /b used to be decades ago :p

The blue I like but not sure about the decals everywhere. This was in Riverbend.

88CRX
08-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Oh snap! Maxboost got a new whip.

FraserB
08-23-2018, 05:02 PM
I feel like the demographic of girls that would find that car cool tops out at 19 max

Tik-Tok
08-23-2018, 05:26 PM
I feel like the demographic of girls that would find that car cool tops out at 19 max

The type that would get a twin turbo tramp stamp?

Sugarphreak
08-23-2018, 05:36 PM

LUDELVR
08-23-2018, 07:14 PM
Did you fear?

I didn't get that user title for nothing!

LUDELVR
08-23-2018, 07:23 PM
I have NO contention with the "kids" rolling around with fart cans and decals....I still have my EK....But I feel the issue we have is the sheer stupidity of their road prowess....

Yes, I totally did some sketch and stupid things in my youth...we all did...But I feel like the time and places I chose were far better picked than the masses of these tools today...and their ages are irrelevant...I have seen newbie drivers on up to older people haha...

This is exactly it. We did our stupid things in a more discreet place with minimal people around in remote areas. Now it seems like people will do things like burnouts and donuts in the middle of traffic in broad daylight on 17th Ave. To compound this, it doesn't help that everything is so easily documented and put on social media by virtually everyone in attendance.

Maxx Mazda
08-23-2018, 07:24 PM
I see both a So-Scare and ill Motion decal on this one

If that doesn’t blow your mind, you’ll hit the floor when you realize that’s the Mar-Mobile!

Sentry
08-23-2018, 07:43 PM

Lets face it we are old.
I can cast as many stones as I want, my shit's never been ricey or fartcanned or bodykitted.

Always OEM+ styling and much more power than stock.

HiSpec
08-23-2018, 08:05 PM

Apparently a Cavalier is scary...

revelations
08-23-2018, 08:05 PM
If that doesn’t blow your mind, you’ll hit the floor when you realize that’s the Mar-Mobile!

No way, that had too much thought put into it (not that I agree with ALL of the thoughts) :)

Maxx Mazda
08-23-2018, 08:45 PM

Apparently a Cavalier is scary...

A Z24 I’d believe. But a pewter coupe? Maybe because of the way they drive it’s “SO SCARE”

NissanFanBoy
08-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Yea this is a fad, like /b used to be decades ago :p

The blue I like but not sure about the decals everywhere. This was in Riverbend.

Wow Mar really went all in on that Veloster lol

My_name_is_Rob
08-23-2018, 09:56 PM
A Z24 I’d believe. But a pewter coupe? Maybe because of the way they drive it’s “SO SCARE”

It doesn't look like a Z24 to me. Hubcaps, different spoiler, base rear bumper, Tesla aligned trunk. It's a basic bitch... :devil:

Akagi Redsuns
08-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Saw a modded Mustang (bodykit, huge wing, wheels) the other day heading into downtown on Memorial and noticed the SO SCARE sticker on the base of the windshield. Remembered this thread and was prepared for some douchebag driving and instead just got regular keeping up with traffic driving leaving a large gap and not doing any of the classic Memorial douchebag moves that I usually see. Almost disappointed that I didn't get the full SO SCARE experience :), but it was nice to see that not all of them drive badly all the time.

rage2
08-23-2018, 11:04 PM
It doesn't look like a Z24 to me. Hubcaps, different spoiler, base rear bumper, Tesla aligned trunk. It's a basic bitch... :devil:
Guaranteed the driver is a hot white chick. Probably crazy as shit so that’s something to so scare.

TomcoPDR
08-23-2018, 11:17 PM
Guaranteed the driver is a hot white chick. Probably crazy as shit so that’s something to so scare.

The support troops plate with the lack of pink Roxy on middle rear window makes me beg to differ.

https://image.ibb.co/hy9LOK/roxy.png

Jeeper1986
08-23-2018, 11:44 PM
Saw a modded Mustang (bodykit, huge wing, wheels) the other day heading into downtown on Memorial and noticed the SO SCARE sticker on the base of the windshield. Remembered this thread and was prepared for some douchebag driving and instead just got regular keeping up with traffic driving leaving a large gap and not doing any of the classic Memorial douchebag moves that I usually see. Almost disappointed that I didn't get the full SO SCARE experience :), but it was nice to see that not all of them drive badly all the time.

that's the owner of the Brand

My_name_is_Rob
08-24-2018, 12:20 AM

A bunch of years ago I would have thought the same thing. I haven't seen a hot white chick drive one of those in forever though. The only cavalier that still comes to mind is this one.

LAFNGAS (https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/306931-02-Cav-Z24?highlight=lafngas)

HiSpec
08-24-2018, 12:33 AM
Someone to should create some 'NOT SCARE' stickers/decals :D

bjstare
08-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Saw a SO SCARE on an EP3 today near my house... they've made it to the SW now.

Skyline_Addict
08-27-2018, 12:38 AM

I think this person lives in my area. See him/her a lot, haven’t seen douchey driving yet.

Team_Mclaren
08-27-2018, 02:09 AM
Oh snap! Maxboost got a new whip.

he sure loves his koreans,

TomcoPDR
08-27-2018, 12:23 PM
he sure loves his koreans,

I’ve mostly known him with Japanese or Europeans though :dunno:

Buster
08-27-2018, 12:40 PM
Saw one on the back of a Rav4 yesterday.

That's a badass brand they got there

Tik-Tok
08-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Saw one on the back of a Rav4 yesterday.

That's a badass brand they got there

I saw a Illmotion one on a stock Chevy Aveo too, made me do a double take.

Buster
08-27-2018, 01:30 PM

I dont even know what that is

Sugarphreak
08-27-2018, 01:33 PM

mr2mike
08-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Car was probably owned by a famous Beyonder. I bet if you looked in the glove box, you'd find a pencil with ExtraSlow's teeth marks on it.

Maxx Mazda
08-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Was just cut off by a stock blue Corolla “S” in Panorama. Illmotion sticker in the top left corner of the rear window :clap:

I think I’m just noticing them more since this thread lol

88CRX
08-28-2018, 11:17 AM
I got cut off by a Ford truck with a Jesus fish on it.... where do i file my complaint for that one?

Swank
08-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Car was probably owned by a famous Beyonder. I bet if you looked in the glove box, you'd find a pencil with ExtraSlow's teeth marks on it.
:rofl:

98brg2d
08-28-2018, 11:26 AM
I have been looking for So Scare since I first saw this thread...well I found one last night, on the windshield of a v6 Dodge Charger that was driving about 100-km/h on Bow Bottom last night, in a 50 zone, and weaving through traffic. Pretty awesome ambassador for the brand/club.

NissanFanBoy
08-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Was just cut off by a stock blue Corolla “S” in Panorama. Illmotion sticker in the top left corner of the rear window :clap:

I think I’m just noticing them more since this thread lol

Kind of off topic but wtf is with people who drive Corolla S's? Last time I checked they were still the same base engine with an auto tranny, and yet I seem to get a lot of these coming right on my ass all the time... they're literally shittier than Dodge Darts.

Even more off topic, a Corolla's vanity plate really made me smile the other day on traffic... it was "COROLLA" :rofl:

Maxx Mazda
08-28-2018, 01:09 PM
Kind of off topic but wtf is with people who drive Corolla S's? Last time I checked they were still the same base engine with an auto tranny, and yet I seem to get a lot of these coming right on my ass all the time... they're literally shittier than Dodge Darts.

Even more off topic, a Corolla's vanity plate really made me smile the other day on traffic... it was "COROLLA" :rofl:

Because body kit bro!!!

mr2mike
08-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Kind of off topic but wtf is with people who drive Corolla S's?
Same Nissan Fanboys that want the SE-R vs stock Sentra. lol.
Oh but wait, the SE-R also has.... wait for it...

On the inside, the SE-R has an oil-pressure gauge and a g-meter to measure acceleration and deceleration.

NissanFanBoy
08-29-2018, 03:54 PM
The SE-Rs were genuinely faster than regular Sentras I'll have you know...

dirtsniffer
08-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Sentra SE-R

2002–2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R
In 2001 for the 2002 model year, a new SE-R was introduced powered by the 2.5-liter QR25DE 165 hp (123 kW) and 175 pound-feet (237 N⋅m) 4-cylinder. The SE-R came with a 5-speed RS5F51A manual transmission or optional 4-speed automatic. The 5-speed manual was dropped in 2003 models, which consequently made the only available transmission a 4-speed automatic.

A more aggressive front fascia was added thanks to a Nissan Skyline inspired front bumper for 2002 models. Black housing headlights, fog-lights, side skirts, a rear spoiler, a dual-tip muffler, and 16" aluminum-alloy wheels were also standard. This trim also featured a sport-tuned suspension, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and beige sport seat cloth.

Sentra SE-R Spec V
The Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V was the more performance oriented sport compact version of the Nissan Sentra. Its engine (also shared with the SE-R) was the same 2.5-liter QR25DE unit originally created for the Nissan Altima and Frontier pickups. This engine produced 175 hp (130 kW) at 6000 rpm and 180 lb⋅ft (244 N⋅m) of torque at 4000 rpm. It was mated to a six-speed RS6F51H manual transmission and a helical limited slip differential; which served as the only transmission of choice for the Spec V.

The car's handling was aided with more aggressive tuning of the car's suspension (in comparison to lower trim models) and the addition of low-profile 17-inch wheels. A front strut tower brace, firmer springs, revised shock damping, firmer front polyurethane bushings, dual-tip muffler, and front stabilizer bars were all standard. A four-wheel anti-lock braking system (which was packaged with front-seat side-impact air bags) was also optional equipment on all 2002-2006 models. Specific to the 2004-2006 model years; potential buyers could also purchase a 4 piston Brembo brake caliper upgrade.

This model also came with a standard race-inspired sporty interior, such as Nissan Skyline inspired seats and a thick leather-wrapped steering wheel. Other optional features at the time included a Rockford Fosgate 300-watt nine-speaker audio system (with an 8-inch (200 mm) subwoofer in the trunk), six-disc autochanger, and a power sunroof. Other equipment include sportier-looking headlights with black surrounding the silver reflectors, standard fog-lights, lower-body sill extensions and a rear spoiler.

Initially, for 2002 and 2003, the SE-R Spec V (along with the SE-R) was given an aggressive front fascia (styled after the Skyline GT-R) with side still extensions and rear trunk-mounted spoiler. Originally, speculation arose surrounding the Spec V designation being a play on the GT-R V-Spec Skyline name. This speculation has been proven to be true with the introduction of the R35 GT-R Spec V in North America. The Spec V designation is due to the fact that for some unknown legal reason Nissan cannot use the V-Spec title in the US market.

The stock sentra had 126 hp. This was for the 2000-2006 model, my friend had a spec v - was pretty fun to drive.

someone should actually buy this

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2011-nissan-sentra-se-r-spec-v-129k-220hp-6l-100-reduced/1376491826?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

EK 2.0
08-30-2018, 07:40 AM
I got cut off by a Ford truck with a Jesus fish on it.... where do i file my complaint for that one?

The Pope??...

Nufy
08-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Is this a "So Scare" Spotted thread now...

Yesterday at the intersection of Bow Bottom and Canyon Meadows.

I saw one on the lower front windshield of a 4 door VW Golf...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-01-2018, 09:38 AM
The Pope??...

Damn coulda done it for him today if I’d seen this thread earlier hahaha

03ozwhip
09-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Saw a stock Ram today with a so scare sticker . Didn't make sense and was driving fine. Maybe it was a parent with a kid that stuck it on.

OTown
09-05-2018, 03:06 PM
:rofl: This thread made me laugh. Glad I'm not the one one who thought that

I saw one the other day on an scion... the top half of the windshield was almost completely covered in the letters leaving only a sliver of windshield to see where hes going.

Maxx Mazda
09-05-2018, 04:30 PM
:rofl: This thread made me laugh. Glad I'm not the one one who thought that

I saw one the other day on an scion... the top half of the windshield was almost completely covered in the letters leaving only a sliver of windshield to see where hes going.

But he doesn’t need to see where he’s going! That’s what makes his driving experience SO SCARE!!

LUDELVR
09-07-2018, 08:57 PM
So I was able to go for a quick cruise tonight and I decided to drop by Barlow to see what the car scene has been like lately and low and behold, this is what I stumbled upon...83226

I know, I know, Barlow of all places to go but for some reason I felt like slumming it tonight! I could write an entire novel on the people there but whatever. It is what it is.