PDA

View Full Version : Good Chinese/Japenese Resturants

Gondi Stylez
03-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Well i have family coming from england next week and they like to eat chinese/japenese food when they come here cuz its not all that great in the UK so what are some of your guys opinions on some of them? a buffet would be great but a good variety of stuff! no sushi and possibly a mix of authentic/american style food?!

post your comments before or on monday... ah well at the latest tuesday morning ;) thanks :thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
03-27-2004, 02:14 PM
bring them to my store in china town for a outta this owrld sub experience!

um for sushi i like to go to sakana grill in china town becuase they have the freshest tuna. the other place i go to is on 17th ave and 4th street.(might even be on 18th ave) good place. just in case they want to eat sushi!

for chinese food, hmmm just dotn go eat in china town and your good. hahaah i like to eat at pebble street but alot of ppl on here will disagree so its your call basically. just dont eat in chinatown i tell you! lol

szw
03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Wa's for japanese food on center street north and around 17th ave

Kaos
03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
I think for sushi portion size, go to wasabi on 16th abd 5th st.
The ebi doenst look like a baby prawn. or was that shrimp?

anyways.
Wasabi is a very good place to eat sushi.

10/10

C4S
03-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah . few Japanese rest on 4 st SW (around 20 ave ), they are all good ! yummy !

chinese food in Calgary ?? ha ha .. what a joke .. no thanks !

LudeRoca
03-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Sun shine eatery in the SE, dont know the exact address just look it up in the phone book. My friends parents own it, me and like 5 buddies went there for food once, ordered WAY to much and it still only came to like $15/each. We had about 5-8 dishes and one was free. But you didnt mention price being an issue so i guess you dont care, anyways thats my suggestion. Oh yea its a chinese restaurant.

gongSHOW
03-28-2004, 12:26 PM
If your looking to eat a lot of food, I suggest Sushi Ichiban on Macleod. They have pretty good proportions and there is All you can eat for $20 per person on Mon - Thurs and $22 per person on Fri and Sat.

Gondi Stylez
03-28-2004, 01:31 PM
thanks for ths suggestions you guys! keep them comin!

gpomp
03-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Towa, close to Earl's on 4th street...

boostless
03-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Wa's on centre n 17 nw
up centre from it right by Bjaks is Shikiji, thas not bad,
sushi hiro and sakana grill are good too

DonJuan
03-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I like Treasures of China Macleod south. They just moved to a new place and is completley rennovated. Too bad the price jumped like 3 bucks for the dinner buffet, the also have sushi but i never tried it from there. Mongoli grill is good too.

Gondi Stylez
03-31-2004, 12:31 AM
well we ended up goin to regency palace or something and it wasnt to bad! very nice ambience and was very impressed w/ the decor and the cleanliness! the service was pretty good and the food was ok! the price was also pretty good for a dinner buffet at 12$ a head plus drinks! but all we had was green tea and i ordered an orange pop also! :thumbsdow free refills! haha!!

well i post my review 2omorrow or soemthing.. but was pretty good! thanks for the suggestions!