PDA

View Full Version : Spotted, and photographed poorly: C7 ZR1 in Medicine Hat

SKR
08-21-2018, 04:08 PM
If this picture is giant, I'm sorry. I've been trying to resize it but it gets all jaggedy and weird. Anyway, I saw this ZR1 sitting outside the Co-op in Medicine Hat. It looks like a normal Corvette until you get to that giant wing, which either looks as awesome or awful in real life as you'd think. I like it but not everyone does. I don't much care for orange or convertibles but it's still cool to see one in person. I wanted to wait around to hear it running, but I just bought fudgecicles and I didn't want them to melt so I went home.

dirtsniffer
08-21-2018, 04:10 PM
didn't know they made a 'vert ZR-1. I didn't think there was a corvette out there I didn't like, but I really don't know about that one. Could have a damn nice 911S for the 150 grand too.

cool pic though, thanks for sharing.

J-hop
08-21-2018, 10:31 PM
I hate convertibles but that is so damn nice...

Maxx Mazda
08-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Hrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggfffffffffffffffff

NissanFanBoy
08-21-2018, 11:04 PM
I don't understand the park job though, isn't he worried about a huge ass vehicle parking right next to it? We're talking about medicine hat here too lol.. you can tell in the pic there's already a vehicle next to the empty spot..

C4S
08-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Sweet! I love the new Vette, even Calgary, not many ZR1, and probably more coupe and not many convertible! I guess more rare in Med Hat.

Great value for ~ $180k, half price Lambo! :D

For the parking job, I won't blame the owner, you see some trucks take 2,even 4 spots!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-22-2018, 03:00 AM
I also saw one, Davenports car to be specific.

https://s22.postimg.cc/bv79jgfi9/B401_AC62-_C608-4_F22-8_DEF-852_DA5751112.jpg

Skrilla
08-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Seems there is 2 in Medicine Hat. I seen a black one on dunmore road on the weekend. Look sick af

Tik-Tok
08-22-2018, 09:15 AM
For the parking job, I won't blame the owner, you see some trucks take 2,even 4 spots!

Yeah, but he's BARELY over the line. That's just an invitation for some dick to park beside him. If you're gonna take two spots, fully take them.

SKR
08-22-2018, 09:43 AM
Seems there is 2 in Medicine Hat. I seen a black one on dunmore road on the weekend. Look sick af

I think a black one would look really good. I think just about every car looks best in black though, so I'm biased.

I wonder where they're buying these? I assume it's like every other special vehicle where dealers can only get so many, and I'd be surprised if Murray got one, let alone two.

C4S
08-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Yeah, but he's BARELY over the line. That's just an invitation for some dick to park beside him. If you're gonna take two spots, fully take them.

Sigh, just yesterday, I was in a quite empty parking lot, I parked very close to the line one side (and more space from the other side) .. so I would think no one would parked next to me (the close side) so prevent door dent etc ... but sadly, a mini Van (old old ..) parked right next to me, while there are lots of empty spot ... go figure! :(

J-hop
08-22-2018, 11:56 AM
You can tell by the tire marks he obviously slid into that spot from 100mph give him a break he pretty much nailed it :D

schurchill39
08-22-2018, 12:56 PM
I think a black one would look really good. I think just about every car looks best in black though, so I'm biased.

I wonder where they're buying these? I assume it's like every other special vehicle where dealers can only get so many, and I'd be surprised if Murray got one, let alone two.

Murray wouldn't need to get them in if they ordered them though would they? If you have cash up front and put in the order I am sure any dealership would. That being said when I was younger a ton of my parents friends would just buy their vehicles in Lethbridge or Calgary instead of dealing with people in the hat so maybe they did that :dunno:

BerserkerCatSplat
08-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Murray wouldn't need to get them in if they ordered them though would they? If you have cash up front and put in the order I am sure any dealership would. That being said when I was younger a ton of my parents friends would just buy their vehicles in Lethbridge or Calgary instead of dealing with people in the hat so maybe they did that :dunno:

Dealerships are usually allocated a certain number of limited-run vehicles. If Murray was only allocated 2 ZR1s (for example), that's the maximum they can bring in for the model year, regardless of how many people show up to order.

SKR
08-22-2018, 02:14 PM

Dealerships are usually allocated a certain number of limited-run vehicles. If Murray was only allocated 2 ZR1s (for example), that's the maximum they can bring in for the model year, regardless of how many people show up to order.

The dealer can order as many as they want, but GM doesn't have to give them any. I remember the dealer in Swift Current got a C7 Z06, and they said they had to buy it used because GM wouldn't let them order one. On the other hand, I got my ZL1 in Swift Current and they got it because one was built that no one ordered. They put in an order for one, and they got one. So maybe that's what happened here. Or they got them from out of town somewhere.

Up until yesterday I didn't know ZR1s were out yet. That's why I was surprised to see one, and then hear about another, in a city of 60,000 people. That made me wonder how they got here.

R-Audi
08-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Doesnt Murray have a bunch of dealerships? Based on their overall size, Id assume they can get a few cars regardless of delivery destination.

T-Dubbs
08-22-2018, 03:53 PM
Up until yesterday I didn't know ZR1s were out yet. That's why I was surprised to see one

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/T-Dubbs/Mobile%20Uploads/20180528_120732_zpsxcqdzubp.jpg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/T-Dubbs/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20180528_120732_zpsxcqdzubp.jpg.html)

i chased an orange one down around San Diego in May

Maxt
08-22-2018, 05:22 PM
I've seen some around already in my travels, more than I thought I would... And if I had a dollar for every Long beach metallic red tint coat ZR1 on the roads locally....

C4S
08-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Somehow ... somehow, most of the ZR1 I have seen are Orange (or yellow) ... even when C7 Z06 first came out, most are Orange ...

I guess when people buying a new cool car, they want other people to notice!

SKR
08-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Good deal, only $225,000.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-albert/2019-corvette-zr1-3zr-black/1368853415?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Buster
08-24-2018, 11:13 PM
Ignition just did a pretty unflattering review. Corvettes are good cars. Up to the grand sport. MAYBE the Z06. After that the platform shows its weakness. Money is better spent elsewhere.

The grand sport is fantastic though.

C4S
08-25-2018, 09:42 AM

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-albert/2019-corvette-zr1-3zr-black/1368853415?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Funny how the domestic three also trying to go beyond MSRP, try to follow the Porsche "GT trend" ..

Mustang 350R ..Devil ... now Vette ...

I doubt how many actual "users" will pay that much over MSRP, especially the door to China now is Trumped ! :eek:

Darkane
08-25-2018, 12:30 PM
Ignition just did a pretty unflattering review. Corvettes are good cars. Up to the grand sport. MAYBE the Z06. After that the platform shows its weakness. Money is better spent elsewhere.

The grand sport is fantastic though.

Yes I watched that too. It’s actually very interesting how the alpha platform handles the power better than the midship corvette platform.

I mean the corvette platform is so effing stiff that it’ll handle the LT5 power in a convertable!

I’m waiting for the LT5 engine to debut in a Camaro (rumoured to happen). It should be one fast mother.

infamous
08-27-2018, 10:56 AM

lol did anyone else notice in all the pictures of the window sticker he conveniently avoided the original MSRP? i built one with full options and got to $177k sticker price....lol 50k over for a vette? Lambo Cal has one for $190! https://www.lamborghinicalgary.com/listings/2019-corvette-zr1-with-ztk-track-performance-package-calgary-ab/

BavarianBeast
08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
My uncle got a 7sp manual ZR1 in orange. I'll post up a review and some clips when I drive it next weekend.

SKR
08-27-2018, 03:46 PM
lol did anyone else notice in all the pictures of the window sticker he conveniently avoided the original MSRP? i built one with full options and got to $177k sticker price....lol 50k over for a vette? Lambo Cal has one for $190! https://www.lamborghinicalgary.com/listings/2019-corvette-zr1-with-ztk-track-performance-package-calgary-ab/

Yeah I saw that too, like you can't just go online and build it like I just did. This one comes out to $160,000.

SkiBum5.0
08-28-2018, 09:08 AM
Yeah I saw that too, like you can't just go online and build it like I just did. This one comes out to $160,000.

Specially optioned with the AWD. That's why it's $190K. Great deal