PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: Red Integra GSR

speedracer
10-03-2002, 03:26 PM
A buddy of mine got his stolen from:
Chinook Centre parking

Anyone see parts or the car rolling around inform the police or post here.

1995 Red Integra GSR
California Full Combat Kit (Andy Autosport)
(Mesh is painted red)
GTR Spoiler
17" TSW Wheels
I'll get a complete list as soon.

http://speedracer.ca/public/stolen/Integra5.jpg
http://speedracer.ca/public/stolen/Integra7.jpg

nookmumracing
10-03-2002, 03:38 PM
There is a ring going on in cowtown. Look for chop shops.

B17a
10-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Jeez, this is becoming all too familiar!

Blue Devil
10-03-2002, 03:44 PM
:guns: :guns: How many cars have been stolen in the last couple months????? Maybe we should set something up and do something about it...:dunno:

infamous
10-03-2002, 03:47 PM
hmmm...any pics?? i will keep my eyes open....is this integra part of team intregue?

speedracer
10-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Looks be a theft ring lately.

infamous: Nope not part of a club.

Stratus_Power
10-03-2002, 04:27 PM
hmm not good guys.. lock your cars up. chain it to your bed..

importadrenelin
10-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Ya this is getting out of hand, a group of people tried stealing my 93 Mazda RX-7 from my garage 3 months ago, but couldn't so instead they stole the Range Rover:thumbsdow
but it was found 3 days later stuck in mud

HRD2PLZ
10-03-2002, 04:45 PM
:banghead: Calgary is turning into Vancouver faster and faster :thumbsdow

max_boost
10-03-2002, 04:46 PM
Are imports being targeted? Or is every case different?

Impreza
10-03-2002, 04:55 PM
this is all too familiar...what can we do tho??
this does sound like a ring or something, these last couple of months have been crazy in terms of stolen cars

Stratus_Power
10-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Not the ranger rover!!.. nothing much we can do... the police probably knows about it by now.. but if they cant do anything.. wat can we do. unless we really sleep in the car w/ a baseball bat

buh_buh
10-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by infamous
hmmm...any pics?? i will keep my eyes open....is this integra part of team intregue?
different red Integra.

infamous
10-03-2002, 05:40 PM
damn....any pics??

kenny
10-03-2002, 05:42 PM
There isn't much you can do other than to deter the thieves:

24/7 recorded video surveilance
Motion activated lights in the garage that are super bright
Big Hungry dog that sleeps in garage hehe

Having observant neighbors doesn't hurt either, get to know your neighbors so they can be on the lookout for you when you're not around your car.

infamous
10-03-2002, 06:28 PM
hey if anyone wants to hire me to be a carguard for nights, pm me....seriously

RSeXy
10-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Having observant neighbors doesn't hurt either, get to know your neighbors so they can be on the lookout for you when you're not around your car.

i have this evil neighbour who sees everything! ahhh! i leave for school sometimes for 6am and no matter what the weather he is already outside! he's creepy! but yes, he is like our watchdog haha.

speedracer
10-03-2002, 11:40 PM
Updated with pictures.
I got my info a bit crossed (edited).

Blue Devil
10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
:dunno: wasn't this car reported stolen awhile ago? I remember seeing these pics on here...

Dope Dealer
10-04-2002, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I remember seeing this a while ago.

This is getting out of hand. I hope they get busted.

IA: How many imports do you have?!?! Sheesh.

Stratus_Power
10-04-2002, 12:18 AM
haha i have one of those always there neightboor too! all he does is sit outside right infront of his garage all day..... when i go to schoool.. then i come back to schoool.. when i go out for a slurpee at night.. during weekend. before i go to work.. etc.. WTF haha

speedracer
10-04-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Blue Devil
:dunno: wasn't this car reported stolen awhile ago? I remember seeing these pics on here...

This is new - there have been more than one integra / vehical gone missing in the past month.

Blue Devil
10-04-2002, 12:42 AM
i'm talking about the car in the pictures though

Dope Dealer
10-04-2002, 12:44 AM
Yeah, that is the exact car the other dude posted.

lammer
10-04-2002, 12:48 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3623

hrmm same exact car but the othe rone was posted on september 19th.

speedracer
10-04-2002, 12:50 AM
:( my bad. I guess I was the last to get informed.

LaughingTiger
10-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Blue Devil

Conspirasy...... maybe the posted "where can I find this
car, so I can steal it ???:dunno: J/K

I had some black SUV follow me around one night , but I played
it safe and parked at a fake place and started to walk towards
them, they just turned around and drove away, and that was after 15min of the same turns and directions I made ... maybe they were going to come back later and jack my car??? Be careful
everyone, these guy's seem to be Pro..

lammer
10-04-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

Conspirasy...... maybe the posted "where can I find this
car, so I can steal it ???:dunno: J/K

I had some black SUV follow me around one night , but I played
it safe and parked at a fake place and started to walk towards
them, they just turned around and drove away, and that was after 15min of the same turns and directions I made ... maybe they were going to come back later and jack my car??? Be careful
everyone, these guy's seem to be Pro..

even with todays technology will they be able to jack your car?
i was at the nissan dealership a few days ago
the guy i spoke to said that there is no way the car can be hotwired or anything because there is a chip in the keys that constantly send a message to the car or some shit is it true?

and even with immobilizers, alarms, and shit it won't prevent theft?

T-rus
10-04-2002, 01:00 AM
What is the license number for this car so I can keep my eyes open?

HOK
10-04-2002, 01:02 AM
i was at a buddy's house in the spring and we work late so right after we got there my girlfriend looks out the window and sees two guys looking at my car... we were in the basement so there were no lights in the house. after five minutes of looking they run away.. so i decide to sit in my car... and 10 minutes later i see then driving by in a truck and when they saw me they freaked and WOT out... i took down the license plate and phoned the cops.. the bitch on there said you should have let them stole the car because we can't prove anything with my story,, i said just look them up.. do WHAT your supposed to do investigate... she said there isn't enough officers for that...sorry

yea right the guy on memorial sitting in the black truck with illegal tinted windows taking pictures has A LOT to do...

RiceCake
10-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Damn that sux... man its sad how in heavily populated places, many security items still aren't all that useful... In HK I heard some pro car thieves can get your car hotwired, de-clubbed and all in 15 secs :thumbsdow :(

ancient
10-04-2002, 01:06 AM
A club does nothing, a simple lockpick kit will open them in a matter of seconds if you are skilled.

speedracer
10-04-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by lammer

...the guy i spoke to said that there is no way the car can be hotwired or anything because there is a chip in the keys ...

Chips can be copied / faked. If there's a will there's a way.:guns:

lammer
10-04-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

Chips can be copied / faked. If there's a will there's a way.:guns:

damnit!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ancient
10-04-2002, 01:19 AM
What alot of theives do to steal 5th gen ludes ( they have imbolizers built in) they have a set of matching keys and ecu... swap those in, and then proceed to hotwire it. Hope this makes sense.

lammer
10-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by ancient
What alot of theives do to steal 5th gen ludes ( they have imbolizers built in) they have a set of matching keys and ecu... swap those in, and then proceed to hotwire it. Hope this makes sense.

i guess i understand..but that sucks soo much!! jsut when you think your safe..BAM some bitch off a stick yanks your car. =(

LaughingTiger
10-04-2002, 01:23 AM
I heard the push start the car (standard) to by-pass the starter
kill on alarms.....I never thought of that, but it makes sense, and
works......

And like speedracer said "If there's a will there's a way!!"

But I heard nissan 300zx are one the hardest cars to steal due
to there factory alarm system..:dunno:

ninjak84
10-04-2002, 03:16 AM
wow, so many cars being stolen, so little police involvement......
*covers his head and waits for the flaming to begin*

B17a
10-04-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by HOK

yea right the guy on memorial sitting in the black truck with illegal tinted windows taking pictures has A LOT to do...

Actually the guys who operate the multanova are not police officers, they're commissionaires or something. Have you ever seen them? I don't think any are younger than 60! But I hear what you're saying about the 5-0 not responding.

Voodoo Child
10-04-2002, 08:34 AM
Well lets just hope that they find the car......without that god awefull wing!!
:barf: :barf: :barf:

Speed_RaSiR
10-04-2002, 08:47 AM
What kinda security did it have?

mwmhong
10-04-2002, 09:01 AM
I was watching TLC and they had this show with Ice-T and he rides along with this repo man. They drive around in this black tow truck. Takes 15 seconds to hitch up and take off with an SUV, that's fast. (this was legal of course)

Another method is parking a truck in front of the car, and winching the car up a ramp into the box. All that GPS tracking doesn't work then and you won't see it. Scary stuff :(

Big_Six_Boy
10-04-2002, 09:48 AM
I doubt the car will be found "in one piece". I've had two other friends with cars stolen, and then the cops found it, they were completely stripped and the frame was left burning in a field.
The thieves steal the car, take the components they want (ala Chop-Shop), then burn the rest.
Damn thieves!!! :guns:

D'z Nutz
10-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by HOK
i was at a buddy's house in the spring and we work late so right after we got there my girlfriend looks out the window and sees two guys looking at my car... we were in the basement so there were no lights in the house. after five minutes of looking they run away.. so i decide to sit in my car... and 10 minutes later i see then driving by in a truck and when they saw me they freaked and WOT out... i took down the license plate and phoned the cops.. the bitch on there said you should have let them stole the car because we can't prove anything with my story,, i said just look them up.. do WHAT your supposed to do investigate... she said there isn't enough officers for that...sorry

And anyone can just call the cops and say someone is speed/stunting/driving wrecklessly/etc and provide them with a license plate and the cops will give them a citation???? Something's wrong here...

James
10-04-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

And anyone can just call the cops and say someone is speed/stunting/driving wrecklessly/etc and provide them with a license plate and the cops will give them a citation???? Something's wrong here...

Yeah I'd say thats a little fucked up.:thumbsdow

RCBVtec
10-04-2002, 11:57 AM
like mentioned earlier if there's a will there is a way... all the things that deter thieves from stealing or breaking into our rides are childs play for the pros. Things like the club, alarms and what ever else is out there is just to deter the thieve not to prevent the theft. It blows big time and makes me sick that there is so little respect for others property but honestly there isn't much that can be done about it. :thumbsdow

HRD2PLZ
10-04-2002, 12:03 PM
I have the club, immobilzer, a compustar and etched windows on my car. I wouldn't mind it getting stolen because the company that etched the windows pays the deductible up to $250 for an insurance claim. If the car is not recovered after a month then they send me a cheque for $3000 and send the dealership a cheque for $3000 for me to use towards a new vehicle there.

ancient
10-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Etched windows ..... im noob on this explain

infamous
10-04-2002, 12:13 PM
they etch the vin number in the window, so that if theives try to part out the car, it makes it a lot easier for them to get caught!

or at least that's what i have been told :dunno:

HOK
10-04-2002, 12:17 PM
i SAID investigate... it doesn't mean they should go and arrest them... What do you think block watch is all about... the priciple in law is not action but prevention... who said anything about a citation..? i said investigate... police have tons of license plates on warning lists and black lists... even vehicle decriptions.. if they truly put in the effort the POlice will catch anyone... my buddy in his 300zx out ran the cops twice with no license and registration. but they tracked him down based on physical description and car.. let alone license plate... what i'm trying to say is that cops don't give two ****s about your car...especially a profiled "street racer" like the cars above... but i think they should... these are 20 plus k items just sitting on the street..

HOK
10-04-2002, 12:19 PM
btw havn't you ever heard about that play ground zone where that an old lady sits at a near by bench and takes down license plate numbers and tells the cops whose speeding:nut:

Madspinner
10-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah I have etched windows too on my teg .

ancient
10-04-2002, 01:18 PM
My car has a number etched all over it, all tho it is not the vin number, but almost every part on it the dude etched in the same numbers, its all over the rims, windows, rad caps, valve cover.... Like everything.