PDA

View Full Version : Water cooler/dispenser bottle shrink-collapsing

frozenrice
08-31-2018, 09:41 AM
I got a used top mount water cooler from a family relative. The water bottle collapses after dispensing water and I have no idea how to fix it. I can’t find anything online other than a video showing the same symptom but no advice on what do to. I’m thinking it has something to do with a relieve valve of some sort but I don’t want to go tear the thing apart without knowing what I’m looking for. Anybody experience this and deal with it before?

Sugarphreak
08-31-2018, 12:02 PM

firebane
08-31-2018, 12:45 PM
I got a used top mount water cooler from a family relative. The water bottle collapses after dispensing water and I have no idea how to fix it. I can’t find anything online other than a video showing the same symptom but no advice on what do to. I’m thinking it has something to do with a relieve valve of some sort but I don’t want to go tear the thing apart without knowing what I’m looking for. Anybody experience this and deal with it before?

When your using it does it go "glug glug glug" with water bubbles entering?

frozenrice
08-31-2018, 01:26 PM
IIRC correctly it does (I in turn gave it to a friend that needed it more than I did).

J-hop
08-31-2018, 02:24 PM
We had this exact problem and after it cracking a bottle and damaging our hardwood we got rid of it.

This is on the cheap thin plastic grocery store bottles right?

We never found a solution, with thick culligan bottles obviously no problem but the cheap ones collapsed all the time...