PDA

View Full Version : New Audi discounts q5/sq5/q7

997TT
09-04-2018, 01:20 PM
Just wondering if anybody has had any luck getting a discount on a new Audi from either glenmore or royal oak?

I’ve read and talked to a few guys in sales and they say the cars sell themselves here in yyc so the incentive isn’t that high for them to move much. A quick search of auto trader shows some sale prices on q5/q7’s and include maintainece.

Anybody got tips on buying new here and feeling good about the purchase ie a good deal

lilmira
09-04-2018, 01:30 PM
It's worth a shot if you are looking at a car in the lot. My two cars from Royal Oak were ordered in so I didn't even try lol. I can pass you my guy if you need a name.

jaylo
09-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Audi in Calgary are very stingy and somehow they make the consumers feel that their products are exclusive. Having said that, no discounts whatsoever.

My advice is to check Edmonton dealers and find out which dealer moves a lot of those models out the door, then you'd have a chance to haggle.

When I went to shop for a new car, dealers in Calgary were at 2% off, while Edmonton was at least 5% off, and this was on a cash deal as well.

997TT
09-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Thanks. I meant to say on my original post that the Edmonton dealers had sales and free maintenance to 80k on autotrader which wouldn’t work for me unless it was transferable which I doubt. I’ll ping the edm dealers and see if there is any more room to move in place of the free maintenance.

Xtrema
09-04-2018, 02:14 PM
They will throw in the 4year/80k maintenance package to close the deal. But don't expect much discounts, and definitely 0 discount on cars that's not already on the lot.

All 3 are selling pretty hot in Calgary.

you&me
09-04-2018, 02:20 PM
I would try Audi Saskatoon as well.

redblack
09-04-2018, 03:04 PM
When I was looking for a new Q5, both dealers would not move in the price but glenmore was willing to throw in the 4yr Audi care maintenance package.

roopi
09-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Audi dealerships in Lower Mainland will give discounts as well.

sabad66
09-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Wow didn't realize how stingy both local Audi dealers were on new. i was able to get Royal Oak to move a bit on a used Q5, but new must be a different ball game.

Are you guys actually paying full MSRP on new Q5/Q7s if they are ordered in?

spike98
09-04-2018, 06:31 PM
I got $3k off list, floor mats, and Audi care. As others said, it was on the lot so that's why I think I got a good deal.

That said, I'm unloading my '16 Q5 soon if someone is interested.

Sugarphreak
09-04-2018, 06:39 PM

npham
09-04-2018, 08:25 PM
If you are looking for a contact, let me know. I've always gotten some sort of discount, but we've done quite a bit of business with them and referred a lot of people as well. That being said, you are likely only going to see $500-2000 off at most since those models sell themselves. If you want an A4, I'm sure you could get a huge discount on them. Pretty much like Apple, some models just sell themselves and they don't need to discount to move cars.

rx7boi
09-05-2018, 10:04 AM
If you are looking for a contact, let me know. I've always gotten some sort of discount, but we've done quite a bit of business with them and referred a lot of people as well. That being said, you are likely only going to see $500-2000 off at most since those models sell themselves. If you want an A4, I'm sure you could get a huge discount on them. Pretty much like Apple, some models just sell themselves and they don't need to discount to move cars.

Why do you think the A4 is more open to discounts? From what I can see, they're just as common on the road so I imagine they wouldn't need to budge on those either.

npham
09-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Why do you think the A4 is more open to discounts? From what I can see, they're just as common on the road so I imagine they wouldn't need to budge on those either.

Just what the sales manager told me.

jaylo
09-05-2018, 12:46 PM
I remember it's about $600 for the 4yr care for the S4, that is like ~1% discount, if they are throwing it in.

Audi Calgary has always been riding the high horse of exclusivity and you'd be hard-pressed to get an incentive from the sales department.

How about BMW? The new X5 redesign just came out a couple of months ago, with it's feature and packages and performance, it beats Q5 and Q7 any day. Plus, easier to negotiate. 5% will be almost $10K for a fully loaded X5 (Edmonton dealers).

BMW X7 is also set for next summer (FW 2019) if you want a full on luxury 7 seater.

Xtrema
09-06-2018, 02:12 PM
I remember it's about $600 for the 4yr care for the S4, that is like ~1% discount, if they are throwing it in.

Audi Calgary has always been riding the high horse of exclusivity and you'd be hard-pressed to get an incentive from the sales department.

How about BMW? The new X5 redesign just came out a couple of months ago, with it's feature and packages and performance, it beats Q5 and Q7 any day. Plus, easier to negotiate. 5% will be almost $10K for a fully loaded X5 (Edmonton dealers).

BMW X7 is also set for next summer (FW 2019) if you want a full on luxury 7 seater.

Drove by Calgary BMW last week, you can mistake it as Kia dealership or something with giant $7000 off M340i signs.

I think their line up is getting long in the tooth while Audi's are brand new and MB are in the mid cycle.

rage2
09-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Drove by Calgary BMW last week, you can mistake it as Kia dealership or something with giant $7000 off M340i signs.

I think their line up is getting long in the tooth while Audi's are brand new and MB are in the mid cycle.
BMW has been discounting quite heavily in the last 3 years. I was able to negotiate some great deals on 3 and 4s for friends.

colinxx235
09-06-2018, 03:39 PM

In 2012 Audi Glenmore wanted close to $800 for the 4year on the S4 when I inquired.

I think your Marth is a wee bit off there. 5% is going to be a lot closer to ~5.5K if loaded. But yes based upon family/friends buying experiences Edmonton will definitely save you a large chunk versus yyc.

Xtrema
09-06-2018, 03:53 PM
In 2012 Audi Glenmore wanted close to $800 for the 4year on the S4 when I inquired.

I think your Marth is a wee bit off there. 5% is going to be a lot closer to ~5.5K if loaded. But yes based upon family/friends buying experiences Edmonton will definitely save you a large chunk versus yyc.

I think it's $1000 now for 3 services (1st one is free for Audi) and more for RS.

MB is same, $999 for 3 services, $1499 for REAL AMG models.

BMW is the only one that doesn't charge extra for 4 yr maintenance.

spike98
09-09-2018, 05:50 PM
As mentioned, my wife's Audi is up if someone is looking for a pretty mch new Q5.

Please view this ad:

2016 Audi Technik S-Line,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2016-audi-technik-s-line/1382768632?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

heavyD
09-09-2018, 07:13 PM
BMW has been discounting quite heavily in the last 3 years. I was able to negotiate some great deals on 3 and 4s for friends.

Yep it's a good time to be in the market for a BMW.

KPHMPH
09-09-2018, 07:18 PM
On a side note, I can not even believe the RS7 at royal oak is $170k....

npham
09-09-2018, 08:03 PM
On a side note, I can not even believe the RS7 at royal oak is $170k....

I don't get it either. RS7 pricing has always ridiculous though. Always asking way too much for that car but I would own one, just not at those prices.